SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People walking in the road,
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People walking in the road, Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted
not a shopping area, but residential area, when there is a perfectly good sidewalk a few feet away.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
And then having the balls to give you the stink eye when you beep for them to get the fuck out of the way.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15211 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Or walking at 10 at night no street lights dressed in all black.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
Or walking at 10 at night no street lights dressed in all black.

damn near smashed one of those a week ago. luckily it was sober enough to dive out of the way. what a dumbfuck.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Walking in the right lane, back to traffic, below the crest of a hill.

Standing in the road, near the top of a hill, with a few inches of snow on the road.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The office I work at is in a business park and at lunch people routinely walk 3-4 abreast with zero awareness of traffic. It's one thing for me in a regular SUV but many of these businesses get truck deliveries all day long. They can't dodge these morons as easily.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
y'all would despise living in tiny town

we get'em walking three and four wide,
but 1/2 of the homes do not have sidewalks

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54612 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
What I've seen in my neighborhood as I'm driving home is a woman pushing a baby stroller with her back to traffic, not on the perfectly good sidewalk on either side of the street. And not on the side of the road next to the park cars but well in the driving lane.

WTF. Do these people not think??? I don't care about them, what about the baby they're pushing?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19649 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What I've seen in my neighborhood as I'm driving home is a woman pushing a baby stroller with her back to traffic, not on the perfectly good sidewalk on either side of the street. And not on the side of the road next to the park cars but well in the driving lane.

Let me add you are also driving into the setting sun. Happened to me last week. It is called a lack of situational awareness, or just plain old stupidity.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
y'all would despise living in tiny town

we get'em walking three and four wide,
but 1/2 of the homes do not have sidewalks

I grew up (and still live) in a small town. Only difference is as a kid my dad taught my brother and I to respect traffic, be it on foot or on bikes. And yes, I know bikes technically have a right to the road as well but it's a dick move to hold up traffic so you can poke around on your damn toy. Go single file for a moment.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah.

Last weekend, visited my son and his wife who live in neighborhood bordering one of Chicago's less "refined" areas.

I needed to make a quick run to the store and two locals just sauntered into the road in front of me, forcing me to slam on the brakes.

I didn't honk because that would be a "trigger" around there. But, I did pull up close to them so they'd know I was there. They just gave me a cold, insolent stare, as if daring me to do something about them blocking traffic.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People wonder why I don't take the snowplow off the F-250...
They GTFO of the way for that!!!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8337 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Don't come to Baltimore after a snow storm. 90% of population walks in the streets as no one clears sideways. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live on a cul-de-sac & have 2 neighbors a few houses down, who both have dogs that have tried to attack my dog. Their houses are directly apart from each other. Every day I go right down the middle of the road. Not what I prefer, but I figure it's the safest way to get down the street. It is a quiet street, but it is irritating. Once I get past them, I do walk on the sidewalk. But I do see people walking on busy streets when there are perfectly nice sidewalks a few feet away & I wonder what their reason is.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Sidewalks and crosswalks are just ways the man keeps a brother down.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
New scam methinks. Leaving my neighborhood several weeks ago, at night, dark as hell, some guy just all of a sudden starts crossing the street and didn't care a car was coming. I slow down, of course, but I had a wtf look on my face. He didn't jog, walk briskly, nothing, just as slow as he could go. He honestly didn't give a shit. As I drove past him looking bewildered he flipped me off. I think he was doing it to purposely get hit, i.e. lawsuit. They do this shit over in Russia every day.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12623 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
If you find people walking in the road bothersome, then driving in Korea would make you crazy.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This activity is most common in the inner city. i always joke that they use every government service but the sidewalks.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
today we hopped in the neighbors mini van to head up to the big city .

two blocks away we see s 20 something walking her dog and pushing a jogging stroller.

it takes us 30 seconds to get to her and she's not looking behind her for traffic.
she's as in the middle of the street as one could get.

so I wait for her to turn around and see us following her.

two houses, four houses, six houses all with sidewalks,. . . . . . .still right smack dab in the middle , no way to pass.

I have never seen this before in tiny town,
so I creep up to two car lengths behind her,
give her a blast on the old horn,

scared the shit out of her she stumbled side ways when her knees buckled , giving us a space to pass,
as we curved around her she exclaimed "whats wrong with you ?"

I chortled.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54612 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
People that are blocking the way so that other people cannot pass fall into two categories. Either they don't know they are doing it, which means they are idiots, or they do know they are doing it and they are assholes. Either way, they suck.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post