SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    New rant on flags at half staff
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New rant on flags at half staff Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted
I couldn't find my old thread, sorry. Ohio Governor Mike Dewine has ordered our flags to be flown at half staff for the victims of the shooting in Chicago. If that's a valid cause then we should just leave them down. I'm old school. Half staff is for presidents.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty much. Victims of Chicago shooting is a pretty wide statement. Which one?

It’s the same with hero, courage, bravery. Use them too much they lose their meaning. When stocking store shelves made you a hero I knew all was lost. Lol

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Highland Park but that really doesn't make any difference to me.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered to half staff by the President . I'm on an email list . I get all of the notifications when they come out .

Posts: 3967 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Proclamation on Honoring The Victims Of The Tragedy In Highland Park, Illinois

JULY 05, 2022

PRESIDENTIAL ACTIONS

As a mark of respect for the victims of the senseless acts of gun violence perpetrated on our Independence Day, July 4, 2022, in Highland Park, Illinois, by the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, July 9, 2022. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same length of time at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fifth day of July, in the year of our Lord two thousand twenty-two, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-seventh.

JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.

Posts: 3967 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Happily I don’t fall under any of those “requirements”, so my flag will remain where it is, flying at full staff.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is sad is that the current administration ordered them at half staff for the Highland Park victims but not for the last living Medal of Honor winner from WW2 who passed away.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
From that logic as mentioned, we need to just leave the flags at half staff from now on because every weekend there are usually more killings in Chicago.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blume9mm,

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Highland Park but that really doesn't make any difference to me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FYI Israel is not happy. Highland Park has a high Jewish population.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
To me with the flag at half staff has lost the true meaning of rendering of honors .... Just ask anybody that you come across and would be willing to bet that most would have no response as to who / what / when / why.... Also when some local goverment agency ( from state level and down) issues the order/request to lower our flag. ..... I know of a particular active Post Office building refuses to lower the flag because they claim that they had not received notification to do so or use the excuse that there is no employee that could do it. This a constant happening at this Post Office and not just some isolated time ..................................... drll sgt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drill sgt,

Posts: 1948 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Flags here are at half staff because of three cops that were gunned down.

I’m good with that.

https://www.wsaz.com/2022/07/0...taff/?outputType=amp

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37078 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I’m good with that.

I’m good with a limited local application too.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I have telescopic flagpole. It doesn't really have a way to fly the flag at half-staff.

Posts: 10816 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’m good with that.

Crickets from the Potatus about these heroes. What did I expect.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
They're at half staff at the hospital I took my wife to for blood tests.
IMO this is being done now for political reasons. IMO it should be to honor people who died for their country--or in local situations, died performing their public duties.

I'll go further, and say that it is intentional, and part of the agenda to create unnecessary anxiety and panic among the weak-minded.

Posts: 18011 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
quote:

I’m good with that.

Crickets from the Potatus about these heroes. What did I expect.

We live in a country where you can have three cops (and a K9) murdered and it's not news.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here in Wickenburg as well, at the Fire Station and PD.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^what Sjtill said above. Mine is at full staff with a Gadsden flag beneath it.

Posts: 1198 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If flags are going to be flown half- assed staff every time something like this happens, they might as well cut the top half off the flagpole, since they aren't using it anyway.

Posts: 27816 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Ordered to half staff by the President . I'm on an email list . I get all of the notifications when they come out .

Slight drift, how do you get onto that list?
I've got a flagpole at the new house & it'd be nice to see the recommendations.
Also need to get new flags & a good solar light for night illumination.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15143 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post