SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Inconsiderate use of the Cell Phone
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inconsiderate use of the Cell Phone Login/Join 
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted
The damn thing in my book is the worst invention made by man. Yes, it is a great thing too but please, keep your conversations and video watching to your private self.

I’m not interested in listening how little Johnny did in soccer practice.

Sitting in a waiting room where someone does not understand how to respect other people’s privacy.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
If they all disappeared tomorrow, I would be a happy man.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And why ever-increasing size of the damn things? I just want a phone that fits in my pocket. I have no need to carry a mini laptop.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Worst invention ever.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
unpleasant, yes!!

if they do it, i only want to hear one side of the conversation, with phone to ear/not talking into the microphone, me hearing both sides of the conversation!!

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
How did we survive everyday without these contraptions in our lives before they became so ingrained in in our lives?? .... longing for the good old days. ............................................. drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
How did we survive everyday without these contraptions in our lives before they became so ingrained in in our lives?? .... longing for the good old days. ............................................. drill sgt.

Not me, brother. I can turn the damn phone off if need be but it's just too damned handy.

For instance, I've been texting back and forth and sending pictures to help my grandson solve a plumbing issue a hundred miles away. Try that over yer princess phone...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is bad in the grocery store & worse in the checkout lane. Put the damn phone down, put your groceries on the belt, & answer the check out person when you are asked a question.

Your dog just shit on the sidewalk, put the phone down & pick it up.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
And the ones that rear end you and lie that they were adjusting the A/C. The Officer disputes what you saying and you don't get called to Court.

It was your lucky day because you realized he wasn't going to stop and you tried to get out of the way. The tailgate was down and absorbed some of the impact.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If somebody unlawfully shoots somebody or otherwise misuses a gun, we don't blame the gun. Yet here we are blaming the cell phone for its misuse by others. Personally, I consider mine a vital piece of emergency equipment, and it is kept on and charged at all times. But I don't walk around, let alone drive, with it glued to my ear yakking on it..

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha!
Gun people bitching about inanimate objects.
I've seen everything.
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Nah, read it again. It’s more about the people than the device. I do say though, as the phones get smarter, the people get dumber. Just look at all the zombies walking around with their eyes glued to the phone.

Yes, this post is written on a mobile device.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Ha!
I've seen everything.
Big Grin
WOW. This topic made Bendable make sense! Will the wonders of technology ever cease?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Nobody is bitching about inanimate objects dude. They’re bitching about the behavior of humans.

Where I live these mother fuckers are like crack hos, addicted to the got damn things. I go to the grocery store, some fucker is on the thing, on speaker, doing the play by play, lazily walking in an aisle, blocking people from getting around. It’s shit behavior. Moving slow, yacking on the thing, and holding me up. I’m busy. I’ve got shit to go. I’m at the grocery store to get this, buy groceries! Not finger fuck a 6” piece of glass or put it on speaker and make buying groceries into a fucking event. It’s not an event. It’s not a concert.

Then there is the gym. Oh my fuck. Everyone is on their pacifier, camping. I mean break out the firewood and marshmallows. It’s hard to get my workout in and these idiots on their phone easily add 20 minutes to my workouts every night. They are not in there to workout. They are in there like some social setting. Barely workout, play on phone, tee hee, it’s infuriating. Since the pacifier is the center of their attention, they don’t clean up after themselves. They don’t re-rack weights. If they even do it, it’s the wrong place. One lady that works at my closest gym said “My goodness we need a hall monitor up there” referring to upstairs where all the weights are. A hall monitor like in school where he/she yelled at people to quit running, quit doing douche shit. They also play their music on speaker on the phone. Others bring tripods and film in there. It’s a fucking 3 ring circus every night. Center of it, phone, and shit behavior.

That’s where our society is now. Go to cineplex to see some film you want to see, people play on phones the entire film and interrupt. Can’t put the phone down for 2 hours. Narcissistic behavior because it ruins others experience. It’s rude, no etiquette and selfish behavior. Same thing at the gym. Same thing at the grocery store, at Costco, anywhere. Even when I do my annual inspection/check for each vehicle at the dealer, they’ll be an ass hole in the service waiting area on speaker phone either on a call, playing music, or playing videos. This is so bad I don’t leave the house now without noise cancelling ear buds to just block it all out.

Now let’s get into driving. People cannot put the phone down to drive. Swerving, driving under the speed limit (grossly), super dangerous driving, that on surface streets is hard to get around. I’ve been near hit so many times I cannot count. I’ve seen phone surfers blow a light and plow right into another vehicle. LE I talk to say the phone wrecks are worse than drunk wrecks. I quote “At least the drunks try to drive. These phone people aren’t even paying attention.” They hate working the phone wrecks. And now they are putting heavy ADAS on all new vehicles so when I go buy a new vehicle, a couple thousand dollars of my money are going into Hal9000 self piloting because these ass holes can’t simply put the phone away. I’d vote for instant felony convictions for anyone getting busted surfing a phone and driving at the same time. At the minimum it should be equal with drunk driving. Lose your license, go to jail. Probation, court, name it. It’s out of control and nobody is doing anything about it.

I’m so sick of that got damn phone and how people act with it I’m looking for rural land to build my own place and get away from all this shit. I’d give up the phone in a nanosecond if that got rid of all this fucking poor behavior. People are idiots.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Sitting in a waiting room where someone does not understand how to respect other people’s privacy.

I silence mine before I get out of the car, and remind my wife to do the same when going into most public places. They can leave a msg or text me. Some places I don't bother, like Lowes, but then most days I don't even get an actual voice call and when I do it usually last under a minute. Almost weekly one goes off in Church Roll Eyes

Some days I used the Internet and think it is the best Invention ever.
Some days I think is the worst ever.

I pretty much have the same thoughts about smart phones.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Ha!
I've seen everything.
Big Grin
WOW. This topic made Bendable make sense! Will the wonders of technology ever cease?

Probably got his response on his phone from ChatGPT Razz

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Guys

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And why ever-increasing size of the damn things? I just want a phone that fits in my pocket. I have no need to carry a mini laptop.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Remember Nextel with the PTT buttons?

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post