SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon lightning deal has a cheaper regular price the next day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon lightning deal has a cheaper regular price the next day Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Back in September I started a thread about single ear bluetooth cell phone headsets.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/8900042584

Many recommended that I opt for a pair of bluetooth earbuds instead, some noting that you didn't have to use a pair with a phone... one would suffice.

I had initially decided to stay with my fully functional 9 year old Plantronics M20 (Bluetooth v3.0) earset. But the old nagging irritation of the ear hook that accompanied hours of use had me reconsidering.

Still unsure I ended up focusing on the very well reviewed inexpensive Tozo T6 (Bluetooth V5.0, IPX8 waterproof) set. Finding them as a lightning deal pushed me over the edge to order.

This morning, after receiving an email from Amazon with an improved delivery date for my order that included the T6 buds, I went to the site and found that today, the "regular" price (with offered discount) was $1.50 less than yesterday's "deal."

So I engaged customer service in chat asking for a price adjustment on my order. Rather than give me a $1.50 adjustment they are giving me a $7 promotional credit good on a future purchase of Amazon sold and shipped items only. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Eek

But the big takeaway is that their "deals" aren't always what they seem to be. Mad

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16246 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Like everywhere else, you have to know your prices.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Like everywhere else, you have to know your prices.

And I was. Roll Eyes
Checked sites like camel, camel, camel to see trends. Lowest previously was back in August. The lightning deal was fairly close. Current price with the 30% off is the lowest it has ever been.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16246 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Amazon seems to change prices constantly based on wind velocity and direction, high or low tide, or you name it. I, like you, watch CamelCamelCamel but get hooked every once in a while.

I'm also ordering more things from other vendors as Amazon isn't alway the cheapest and their 2 day shipping is now 5-7 day shipping.

I just bought a GoPro Hero 10 and found Amazon $100 higher than GoPro direct. Hmmmm

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4235 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Mike, I know Amazon has had a practice for years of moving prices up and down, but I can't ever recall an example where they had a lightning deal one day and a lower price the next. Hence my rant! Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
The "smile" adds to the price.
Some things are double manufacture price.

Bore tech brushes ... 3 for 12+.
Bore tech they are 7.oo.

Seems amazon ups the price of shooting related stuff.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I fell for something similar.

Amazon had a "deal" for a Samsung sound bar for $1500 with $150 credit. Great! So great I bought 2 since I had 2 brand new Samsung TVs.

The $150 credit could only be used for Amazon sold products, not shipped by Amazon or sold on Amazon.

Then after the "deal" period expired, the price went to $1300. I felt like I got had in a Monty scam in Chicago.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19691 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:

The "smile" adds to the price.
I have not seen this on anything that I have purchased via the "smile."

Of course, that's a pretty small sample, compared to the thousands and thousands of things that Amazon sells, so my experience is not statistically significant.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30706 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Amazon is crap. I've stopped using them where practical. Delivery windows are constantly missed even though I live near multiple distribution hubs. Prices are so-so. They support too many Chinese producers/sellers.

Fuck them. Shop local if you can, buy American if you can.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20834 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post