SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Get out of the line - go learn to use a knife to cut your chicken
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get out of the line - go learn to use a knife to cut your chicken Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Get caught talking while eating and you were done eating no matter how much food was left on your plate.
You were in the brig?
At boot camp talking in the chow hall got the entire division up and out. Sometimes before the last people in line sat down to eat.
It was a long time ago for me. I don't remember that. Of course, I don't even remember what I had for breakfast today.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
This is like dropping my kids off at school. Several hundred cars dropping kids off, trying to beat the bell. Basically a rolling jump out, kick little Tommy's ass to the curb and stomp on the accelerator and get the hell out of the drop off loop so other parents can get their kid to school on time.

And then some stupid motherfucker , millennial Becky dropping off little Sally, wants to hold up the entire line for 5 minutes while she parks her car in the drop off line, gets out, and wants to brush Sally's hair for a couple minutes while the line backs up, parents get irate, honking commences.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sigmonkey, I needed that. Smile

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
They should have simply pointed to where the utensils were and yelled “Next”.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Sigh, what the hell is wrong with millennials?

My theory? Bad parenting sometimes by overly spoiled baby boomers and Gen Xers combined with a culture that places too much emphasis on kids while simultaneously making them more and more isolated from each other (i.e., not as much kids rounding up other kids in the neighborhood into a relatively self-autonomous pack, or playtime at school) physically and thus more reliant on devices and their parents for stimulation (and requiring more and more of it as it becomes a lifestyle), making them bigger drains on the parents than they used to be despite people typically having fewer kids.

But usually I just chalk that kind of stuff up to people being clueless. Hanlon's razor and all that.

Posts: 2123 | Location: Dallas TX | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Get caught talking while eating and you were done eating no matter how much food was left on your plate.
You were in the brig?

I did 11 years in the army, back before millenials were even heard of, and never experienced this. Even during basic! You/we were encouraged to hurry it up, but never denied a meal.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Homeschooled kids are some of the best behaved, most respectful people I have ever met. Public school grads, it’s a coin flip.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I did not mean to slam home schooled kids. Guys in a high school tend to set others straight very quickly about the rules. Not holding up the line is pretty prominent. It is difficult to learn the nuances of male behavior from a home school program, though not impossible.

What’s your problem with home schoolers?

Do you know that most home schoolers are in co-ops that meet weekly, play sports at public schools/ travel teams and have any number of activities?

The myth that homeschoolers aren’t “socialized” is just that. A myth.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:
quote:

You were in the brig?
At boot camp talking in the chow hall got the entire division up and out. Sometimes before the last people in line sat down to eat.
It was a long time ago for me. I don't remember that. Of course, I don't even remember what I had for breakfast today.

11B basic at Ft Benning in 1995 was definitely like that. Got caught talking, you and the rest of the your table got expeditiously and rudely kicked out. Lots of yelling, cursing and drama.

I got told once "You eat like old people fuck, get the fuck out!" When the rest of the guys at my table didn't immediately follow, Drill Sargeant butthole says to them, "Your team bobblehead, now move-the-fuck out"

That same Drill Instructor liked to ride his motorcycle, some kind of big loud sportbike, to the barracks at about 3am, then come in yelling and screaming, wake everbody up for some pushups, throwing shoes across the squad bay, overturning lockers, then leave just as quickly.

Invariably, minutes after hearing the engine of his bike shut off, we could hear him singing "no'one knows what its like, to be the bad man, to be the sad man". He always smelled like Busch Light, while yelling in your face.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post