SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Get out of the line - go learn to use a knife to cut your chicken
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get out of the line - go learn to use a knife to cut your chicken Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
In a line in the cafeteria trying to order lunch. They have grilled chicken breasts. Pay by weight (along w/ other things).

Some millennial guy getting the chicken asks for the breast to be cut up into bite size pieces to place on top of his salad.

Yes, let's hold up the line where most people just grab a piece of chicken and put it on their plate so that the counter person can cut up some breasts into pretty bite size pieces for you.

It's not like they have forks and knives so that you can cut up your own pieces of chicken. Oh wait, they do! I guess they need a manual so that you know how to use them.

It gets better -- the counter person cuts the chicken into bite size pieces. The idiot asks that they be cut even smaller. Sigh, what the hell is wrong with millennials?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOLOLOLOL, I would've said something to the Millenial!!!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Years ago, I was working in a place that had a company cafeteria. If I had not been grocery shopping and did not have supplies in the refrigerator, I would grab breakfast there.

I remember one morning, guy in front of me ordered eggs and asked the fast-order cook to sprinkle some salt and pepper on them.

Grouchy cook looks at the guy and asks, "Do you want me to eat them for you, too?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It gets better -- the counter person cuts the chicken into bite size pieces. The idiot asks that they be cut even smaller. Sigh, what the hell is wrong with millennials?

Well, his Mommy cut up his chicken, so I guess he misses his Mommy.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I miss John Pinette... Frown

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t know if what I do is proper but I just go around a cafeteria special order customer. I’ve never got the stink eye from a special order peep,yet. I figure I’m helping the line move.
In fact, the other cafeteria servers seem to appreciate keeping it moving. Keep it simple or move out of the way.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Sigh, what the hell is wrong with millennials?

Ohhhhhh...sadly it ain't just limited to millennials, my friend. [siiigggghhhh]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

You been here 4 hour, you go now!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Obviously never been in the military. You eat whatever shit they put on your plate. Get caught talking while eating and you were done eating no matter how much food was left on your plate.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Pay by weight (along w/ other things).

Were the breasts on or off the bone? Perhaps the guy was trying to avoid paying for the bone - probably saved him what, 2 cents?

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
quote:

You scare my wife.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This kind of behavior in the school cafeteria generally resulted in a quick and decisive action from the guy behind. Probably home schooled, and failed to learn appropriate social behavior.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
quote:

You scare my wife.
Eat broccori

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The person behind the counter should tell him where to shove it.

We need to bring back the draft. That would make a lot of millennials grow up and stop crying.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Get caught talking while eating and you were done eating no matter how much food was left on your plate.
You were in the brig?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
This kind of behavior in the school cafeteria generally resulted in a quick and decisive action from the guy behind. Probably home schooled, and failed to learn appropriate social behavior.

Doubtful.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doubtful.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It did for me. I went to public school.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Doubtful.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It did for me. I went to public school.

Homeschooled kids are some of the best behaved, most respectful people I have ever met. Public school grads, it’s a coin flip.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Homeschooled kids are some of the best behaved, most respectful people I have ever met. Public school grads, it’s a coin flip.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I did not mean to slam home schooled kids. Guys in a high school tend to set others straight very quickly about the rules. Not holding up the line is pretty prominent. It is difficult to learn the nuances of male behavior from a home school program, though not impossible.

The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Get caught talking while eating and you were done eating no matter how much food was left on your plate.
You were in the brig?

At boot camp talking in the chow hall got the entire division up and out. Sometimes before the last people in line sat down to eat.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post