SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Darn Deer
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Darn Deer Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
A man, a donkey, and a llama walk into a bar.

Oh deer!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
They like to jump out in to the road.

Wasn't long ago that a car horn would make them turn and run. Not happening anymore.

Then I found some Hella air horns for $4. The deer haven't got used to them (yet).

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I drive to IL tomorrow, may lower the collision hazard just a little. I have two tags, muzzle-loader is sighted in.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
When in Alaska (middle to late 1970"s) (Delta Junction) my animal traffic problems were caused by buffalo and or moose. At that time our area had a free roaming buffalo herd that went where they wanted at any time they wanted.. even thru barbed wire fences. ........... One winter had a moose jump into the frozen asphalt roadway from my left to right and my drivers side rearview mirror slapped it in the nose. Had the moose had taken 1 or 2 more steps it would have been a broadside impact with the moose coming thru the windshield and injuring myself and wife if not fatal injuries. Had to change my clothing after having to take a short break to settle the nerves. ...... And the moose were all over the place as well as getting into peoples gardens till the day before the opening of moose hunting season. Seemed like they just disappeared and vanished. ................................... drill sgt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drill sgt,

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

I've had exactly one tomato this year thanks to the squirrels. I don't even understand the physics of how they can carry them.

My neighbor's hickory tree had a bumper crop of nuts drop into my yard this year, seriously it was the most I've ever seen of these dammed things, like a thousand lbs total or more.

The squirrels love these things, but I can't figure out how they open and eat them, take a walnut and make the shell about 20 times tougher and harder to crack and you have a hickory nut. You have to bash them with a big hammer to open them. These little buggers just chew right through.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We lost a medium sized pumpkin to some squirrels. Chewed right through it to get the seeds.

I sprayed the other ones with a bleach solution - seems to be working. Couple nibbles but that's it.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

And the sonofabitch just stood there looking at me like "Ooooooooooo, I'm SO scared..."

That's funny. Not a laughing matter for you, though.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gun season for deer opened in Wisconsin today. I doubt I'll see many deer standing around in the near future.

I've already seen a few going for car rides. Smile

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, everyone, but I'm eating the varmints as fast as I can. Chili last night, spaghetti tonight. Lots of ground venison in both.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Deer don't bother me, the hunters on the other hand....

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I figured I'd put The Fear of Humans in it, hauled out the little .22 Mag LCR I carry all the time and cranked one off.

And the sonofabitch just stood there looking at me like "Ooooooooooo, I'm SO scared..."

Why won't they do that during hunting season?

I was trying to tell my wife that pretty much every type of bird you can hunt (dove, quail, ducks, geese etc.) seem to know exactly when to disappear and when they can flaunt their presence. A Tex Avery cartoon from 1948, 'Lucky Ducky' illustrated this perfectly.

Many ducks are swimming and flying in V- formations around a pond. They are also doing a conga line around two dogs waiting in their boat. Nearby at a tree, a sign reads "No Hunting Before 6:AM. As the clock finally strikes six, all the ducks fly away before anyone has the the chance to shoot one.

Later, just as they are about to shoot one, the duckling pulls out a STOP sign and points to the clock from the beginning which now has a sign showing "NO SHOOTING AFTER 5:00 PM". The bell rings, the ducks come back, swimming, flying and doing another conga line along the gunwhale of the boat.

I couldn't find the cartoon, but the conga line is shown in this clip which unfortunately is on facebook.

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

I don't hunt, but I'm now so pissed at the verkakte deer I'd shoot 'em if the township would allow me. Seriously.

Crossbow. Just sayn'

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This just in.

$850.00 damage done to my friends 8 y.o. pick up,
from deer damage.

in eastern Iowa

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just about tagged one after nightfall last night. If I'd had wider mirrors, we'd have had a hit. Hey, I'll stay out of the ditches if they'll stay off of the roads! Deal?

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Axis deer are out of control here and Molokai is a lot worse as you can see in this video someone took of them crossing the road. I know how to post video but here’s the link.

https://youtu.be/vefUax_j6L8

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post