SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What's with Diet COKE?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's with Diet COKE? Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:

First, Diet Coke is the food of the gods.

I guess I will have to be tolerant of those with a different religion from me... back when I was in my teens I remember being told that drinking hot Coke would grow hair on your chest....

Seems to have worked:

Merry Christmas!

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
Coke is, and always will be, on my boycott list after there woke, anti white stance.
Right up there with the Salvation Army!

I'm with armored on this.

Posts: 114 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only drink Diet Coke, when I can't get Caffeine Free Diet Coke, which is a bit sweeter. Coke Zero is a bit too sweet for me. Remember Tab? That was a Coke product. I think it's still sold in some areas and in flavors other than cola.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
You’re aware, of course, that diet soda saps and impurifies all of our precious bodily fluids?

Have you never wondered why I drink only distilled water, or rainwater, and only pure grain alcohol?

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am addicted to diet soda. It’s my “vice”.

While I enjoy Diet Coke at restaurants, I prefer Diet Pepsi in cans and bottles.

It’s been over a decade since I switched from regular soda to diet. Lost weight and feel better, and now the sweet stuff tastes so bad that I almost can’t stand to drink it.

I’m a pretty active guy, from working around the house to lifting a lot in the weight room. Sugar soda wouldn’t be as nice after a heavy workout as diet soda is.

It’s all personal preference. It’s neither good, nor bad in general, just what each person likes.

Yes, diet soda is bad for you and I would be better off without it.

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Now my prejudice is coming out...
should do a survey on this...
I bet the same folks here or in other places that like these nasty diet sodas also like Glocks....

there, I said it....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheNewbie:
Yes, diet soda is bad for you and I would be better off without it.

How is it "bad" for you? Because some "expert" says it is? Have there been randomized controlled trials that examine it, or just silly self reported observational studies that don't control for any confounding variables?

I think anything in it is pretty far down the list of chemical exposure we need to worry about.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
The only artificial sweetener that seems to be safe is stevia.

I worked with a guy that drank three Diet cokes a day at work and probably another one a home. He would bring a case of cokes to work and stock his frig.

I found out later that he died from cancer.

I drink two quarts of green/black tea a day. The Japanese live 6 to 8 percent longer due to their consumption of green tea.

Pick your poison. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Maybe some of you don't know how to order it correctly.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Now my prejudice is coming out...
should do a survey on this...
I bet the same folks here or in other places that like these nasty diet sodas also like Glocks....

there, I said it....

I like Glocks and Mrs. Flash REALLY likes Glocks.

Neither of us like sodas of any kind but most especially we don't like diet sodas.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
No diet sodas of any flavor for me....... Want the real thing..... And I do like Glocks................. drill sgt.

Posts: 1999 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post