SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Pissed the wife off again, funny. (My misguided attempt at humor.)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pissed the wife off again, funny. (My misguided attempt at humor.) Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Out shopping for vacation clothes for the wife... because apparently the 4 closets full of clothes she already has are only good for Middle Tennessee, not East Tennessee, where we are going. Roll Eyes

Anyway, we see a really nice looking lady (read that as... VERY HOT lady) in a nice dress (read that as... a form fitted, short, and low cut dress) pass by.

I simply said to my wife... We are shopping for her after all... I'd buy you that dress if it would make you look that good.

I thought it was funny... her... not so much. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cparktd,

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Famous “last words” that you are never say.

W: “Does this dress make my butt look fat?”

H: “Yes Dear; anything you say, Dear.”

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Famous “last words” that you are never say.

W: “Does this dress make my butt look fat?”

H: “Yes Dear; anything you say, Dear.”

W: "Does this dress make my butt look fat?"

H: "Your butt makes your butt look fat."

FIFY

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Janice, trying on a pair of Lululemons: "Do you think I'm too old to wear these?"
Arlo: "In public?"

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Frown

probably not a great attempt at humor. They remember things like that.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Hope you're already tired of half your shit.

On the other hand, I can tell you from experience it is very liberating to finally have all her stuff gone.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
I thought it was funny... her... not so much.
And another death marked as Covid-related is recorded.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Frown

probably not a great attempt at humor. They remember things like that.

And well they should. Maybe you had to be there, but that didn't strike me as "funny" at all. Disrespectful, insulting, and hurtful? Yes. Funny? Not so much <smh>

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That wasn't funny. That was crass and stupid. If you think so little of her, why stay with her?

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised you lived long enough to post this... Big Grin

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
That wasn't funny. That was crass and stupid. If you think so little of her, why stay with her?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Opposites attract, huh?

The wife goes to bed before I do. She'll say "G'night", I'll usually grunt a response.

The other evening --

Wife: :"G'night"
Me (thinking of something I'd seen on tv earlier: "Sweet dreams".
Her: "What?!"
Me: "Sweet dreams".
Her: "What does THAT mean??"
Me: hearty laughter
Her: "Now I'm worried".
Me: heartier laughter...

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Hoo-boy, guess I missed the mark with some of y'all. My bad? At least most of you seem to go with it.

She knows me extremely well and how to take me. I literally can't remember the last time she was actually mad at me or me her. Disappointed slightly maybe! Like last week when I forgot to take the trash off Big Grin

42 years, 3 kids, 8 Grandkids, and 2 Great Grandkids later... trust me we are doing just fine!

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Life's a balancing act. The next time you walk by a smokin' hottie just comment to your wife, "disgusting"!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Good work, HRK!
I went blue and passed out, holding my breath waiting for that Smile
It had to be done.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, what hospital are you in that takes dictation and posts for you?

Tony

Posts: 312 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Out shopping for vacation clothes for the wife... because apparently the 4 closets full of clothes she already has are only good for Middle Tennessee, not East Tennessee, where we are going. Roll Eyes

Anyway, we see a really nice looking lady (read that as... VERY HOT lady) in a nice dress (read that as... a form fitted, short, and low cut dress) pass by.

I simply said to my wife... We are shopping for her after all... I'd buy you that dress if it would make you look that good.

I thought it was funny... her... not so much.

And it was written thus: that lo the Angel of Death did brush his cheek with her feathered wing and lo he did not heed, such is the cluelessness of Man.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1952 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Funny stuff, Thats the spirit!

HRK, gonna save that MIME and might have to make it my desktop background for a while... as a reminder... or maybe not, she might notice the picture of her was gone Big Grin

She was in her usual good mood yesterday but I was hungry... so I told her to go slip into one of those little sundresses that she looks SO good in and we would go down to the Cafe for lunch. You see I know how to work It. Big Grin

I had the fried catfish and she a steak, and dessert at home later Wink

Picture of TRMN8R
posted Hide Post
quote:
She was in her usual good mood yesterday but I was hungry... so I told her to go slip into one of those little sundresses that she looks SO good in and we would go down to the Cafe for lunch. You see I know how to work It. Big Grin

I had the fried catfish and she a steak, and dessert at home later Wink

Effin'-A, Cotton; Effin’-A Cool !

G19G5x2/G43/G42
Canik TP9 SFx
HK45c Tactical
USP45c/ss
P30S V3
P30 V1 LEM
And a butt-load of P7's...

Posts: 721 | Location: Harley City, GA | Registered: May 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post