SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Pissed the wife off again, funny. (My misguided attempt at humor.)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pissed the wife off again, funny. (My misguided attempt at humor.) Login/Join 
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
A story told to me by a friend about her parents.

Wife, looking in the mirror: "Dear, what happened to the little girl you married?"

Husband: "Looks like you ate her."

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Frown

probably not a great attempt at humor. They remember things like that.

You're wrong. They remember things that haven't even happened yet!!!

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
AWw, My wife wanted me to go shopping with her all the time and i always escape and have my son or daughter go with her instead. She can stay at the mall try and deciding what to buy for hours and hours.
I always come up with a stomach pain or some work excuse.

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Most important detail in this thread:

quote:
42 years, 3 kids, 8 Grandkids, and 2 Great Grandkids later... trust me we are doing just fine!

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of my late father-in-law.

Every time we'd see him, he'd take my hand, look intently at his daughter, back to me, then say "Thank You!"

He and I always got a good laugh out of the routine; it never got old. And each time the wife would say "Ha ha, very funny Dad", and we would laugh some more.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Hoo-boy, guess I missed the mark with some of y'all. My bad? At least most of you seem to go with it.

She knows me extremely well and how to take me. I literally can't remember the last time she was actually mad at me or me her. Disappointed slightly maybe! Like last week when I forgot to take the trash off Big Grin

42 years, 3 kids, 8 Grandkids, and 2 Great Grandkids later... trust me we are doing just fine!

There ya go. My wife and I take shots like that at each other all the time. Occasionally, I go a little too far and hurt her feelings a little, but she knows I'm just going for a laugh.

If your relationship is so fragile that you can't get away with a crack like that occasionally, maybe you should look at YOUR situation instead of dissing others.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

Was conspicuously missing from the OP. Context is key. Coming back and posting the context after others have already replied feels a bit like a clickbait “gotcha.”

My apologies, cparktd. Your OP doesn’t read well at all, especially missing the context of your later posts, so my post was a reply to what I thought I saw without all the information. My wife and I take good-natured shots at each other pretty often, and a lot of it wouldn’t read well because clearly it all doesn’t come through in words on a monitor.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

Was conspicuously missing from the OP. Context is key. Coming back and posting the context after others have already replied feels a bit like a clickbait “gotcha.”

My apologies, cparktd. Your OP doesn’t read well at all, especially missing the context of your later posts, so my post was a reply to what I thought I saw without all the information. My wife and I take good-natured shots at each other pretty often, and a lot of it wouldn’t read well because clearly it all doesn’t come through in words on a monitor.

Well I did put the word …funny… in the title, and the grin face sarcasm emoji after the last line, and I have revised the title now.
No apology necessary sir, perhaps if i have learned anything it is that only my wife understands me! Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I laughed, likely its context. My wife and I use to be OK saying things like that but I will confess as she's aged, she looks better than 95% of women her age, but not as attractive as 40 years ago, and I would NEVER say it to her these days. There was a time where I could have easily done so and she would have cracked up and loved me for being a rogue. She still jokes about me and that's fine. Todays joke this morning along those lines was "Hey, you need a haircut". I asked her how short I should get it cut. She said: "Doesn't matter, don't buzz it. Just tell the barber to "Make me handsome again". (pause here as she cracks up) "but better take a lot of extra money."

When I came home, she was sure to quickly note: "you look handsome again honey".

I was in Thailand about 15 years back with my wife sitting there people watching. I see her look over and my gaze followed to what she was locked on watching. It was as close to a perfect ten as Thailand gets in a dress molded to perfect curves and slit up all the way from the beautiful stacked heels. As she walked passed our heads followed in unison (trying to not be obvious but failing) and where I had started looking my wifes direction, as our heads turned my wife winds up looking my direction. However, both of us were glued to this angelic sight.

Once the young lady was out of earshot, she nudges me and quietly says in mock indignation;" "Hey, I saw you looking at her", she teased (the smile was the giveaway). I smile and say it right back to her. She then said: "Do they kill the ugly ones at birth"?

My thoughts immediately shifted from down there to up between the ears and the smoking hotness I'd just seen to thinking -"WTF DOES THAT MEAN? ! I paused and quietly asked..."uhhh, what?

Wife says, "have you seen any ugly women? Any?" I laughed at her implications and then got the joke. Out of context it might not have been funny, but that comment and the mirth it gave us both has stayed with me to this day. We'd both been appreciating the extraordinary beauty of the Thai women. She knew I was engaged like a hound dog with a racoon up a tree, but it didn't bother her in the least.

It's not where you window shop for lunch that's an issue, it's where you eat your dinner that counts.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I saw this meme on Facebook the other day and I showed it to her...

Her comment was simply... Yep.

Got to love an old fashioned country girl.
As the oldest of 6 she had to get up a 3:00AM and help milk the cows on her Dad's Dairy Farm... Then back to the house to shower and change and go to school. She knows hard work and also knows when she has it good!

And FYI, here I am with my sweetie... in our 42nd year.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
She: Oh, look I think we have two pairs of cardinals visiting the feeder. This male is not as bright red as the other male.

He: Maybe he's a female cardinal identifying as a male.

She: Don't ruin it for me.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post