SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why Do People CREEP SLOWLY Down The ACCELERATION Ramp!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Do People CREEP SLOWLY Down The ACCELERATION Ramp!!! Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I agree with the above, and add one.

It just royally pisses me off when I am either behind a slow poke car trying to merge on, or I am on the highway and either slow down or move over to let a car get merged on, and the fool idiot moron scaredy cat driver get on the main roadway, where everyone is driving 70 MPH or so, and the buffon won't accelerate to match traffic, just sits there at 35 or 40 MPH for a half mile or so before gradually beginning to speed up slowly. Dang fools are going to get someone killed.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
100% agree with the OP. I will add that when I'm the only one on the four lane and someone rolls up a ramp and gives me the stink eye for not moving over (when there's 50 yards in front and behind me) that pisses me off too. If it's busy I help out by moving but if there isn't any traffic I let them merge like the sign says.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Have you ever seen an onramp with a stop sign at the end?

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
In Texas’ urban areas, we have the frontage roads parallel to the highway. For example, nearly every day I drive down a 45 mph frontage road, enter an acceleration ramp, and drive on a 75 mph highway.

Well, that’s the way it’s supposed to go. Apparently, there are a large amount of idiots that think if they drive 60 mph on the frontage road that it averages out so they don’t need to accelerate onto the highway. I’ve been behind $100,000 Porsche with 450+ hp that enter and leave the aberration ramp at the same speed so it’s not a matter of hp. Hell, my Frontier doesn’t even have to over 2500 rpm to go from 45 to 75.

They really need to stop giving out drivers licenses in Cracker Jack boxes.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Have you ever seen an onramp with a stop sign at the end?
No, but SoCal has traffic lights on their acceleration ramps. The goal is to allow 1 car at a time to enter the highway as the highway is too congested to allow 10 tailgaters to enter together.

It actually works if the driver is judicious with the throttle when they get their green. Doesn’t work for shit if someone drives like a grandma.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin That guy from VA really gets around.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post