SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why Do People CREEP SLOWLY Down The ACCELERATION Ramp!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Do People CREEP SLOWLY Down The ACCELERATION Ramp!!! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
This drives me absolutely crazy Mad

Leaving work, there is a very long acceleration ramp to the highway that has excellent views of who is coming so that you CAN yield or slow down as needed but every damn day I go to get on there is some clown creeping slowly down the ramp like 5 mph like they are scared to death with a line of people piled up behind them. It's not a short one where you really do need to be careful and adjust as needed, it's very long so you can get up to highway speed and merge in but there is always someone who doesn't seem to understand how they work. What ends up happening is people get pissed off then zoom around the slowpoke onto the highway.

This and all the traffic circles popping up everywhere where half the people have no clue how to navigate them make me wonder how some of these people got their driver's license. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33791 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Because they have no clue how to drive...or conduct a safe merge.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Exceeded only by the dumb bastard that can't make up his mind and STOPS at the end of the on-ramp.

Damned near creamed one as I was looking over my shoulder planning a merge.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15221 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Not to be confused with the idiot in the right lane who, at 75mph, slows down quickly to allow traffic in the on ramp to merge.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Don't get me started here. My favorite is the moron who speeds up to merge and then at the last minute chickens out and stops at the end of the merge lane. STOPS!! Not just slow down. Probably the same guy that PHPaul is talking about.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Yep, in order to merge, you need to be at least up the the flow of traffic speed

This is my video from not to long ago. Cuts me off from his red light, my green turn arrow and then proceeds slooowly down ramp. Asshole!

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Yep, in order to merge, you need to be at least up the the flow of traffic speed

This is my video from not to long ago. Cuts me off from his red light, my green turn arrow and then proceeds slooowly down ramp. Asshole!

I just had some asshole who did this to me in one of the ever-growing number of PA traffic circles/roundabouts: I'm in the circle and this guy just BLASTS through in front of me with like an inch to spare. Hey ASSHOLE, you are supposed to YIELD to the traffic in the circle, not the other way around! Mad

If I were King, I'd be taking away SO MANY driver's licenses from people who have NO BUSINESS being behind the wheel of a car.

Posts: 33791 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The South is bad about that. Some stop at the end, as if they are driving an Indy car and can accelerate to 60 mph in just seconds.

Posts: 17229 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
I can"t stand those entrance acceleration ramps onto the interstate/freeways that have metering stop and go lights that most people ignore and do not stop and those that when they get the green to go light creep up the ramp and not accelerate and enter the traffic flow in a timely and with purpose merging. ......................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2005 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Don’t get me wrong, I love the wimmins. But they’re often the ones doing it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Don't get me started here. My favorite is the moron who speeds up to merge and then at the last minute chickens out and stops at the end of the merge lane. STOPS!! Not just slow down. Probably the same guy that PHPaul is talking about.

I have this fantasy where I walk up to their car, tap on the window and say "License and registration, please" and then run both through a belt-mounted shredder...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15221 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
The OP's rant is one of my biggest pet peeves, and I have an entire farm full of those pets!

Here in Alabama, most entrance lanes are plenty long to get up to speed for a safe merge, but without fail, some ass hat will poke on the thing instead of matching speed! I am one of those of often will blast past them on the side just to get away from such stupidity, and to be able to merge safely when the time comes!

Regarding traffic circles, I personally LOVE them, but I just wish other drivers would learn how to use the things. We have a new one about a mile from my house, and the majority of educated folks here in the "Rocket City" area seem to have it figured out, but it only takes one dumbass to screw it all up! Was about to enter the new one the other day when some idiot already in the circle stopped because the guy in front of me was approaching safely ready to merge! Screwed up quite a few other drivers in the process... Idiot!

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE] I have this fantasy where I walk up to their car, tap on the window and say "License and registration, please" and then run both through a belt-mounted shredder...[/QUOTE]

That took me a minute. You mean you run license and registration through a shredder. I was thinking something involving a wood chipper. Eek

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I came around curved on-ramp (264 to 64 east for those in eastern NC) and punched it after the apex to get up to 70-75 so I could merge. As I came around the turn, there was a car stopped right before the merge. I didn’t have times to stop, so I went around in the emergency lane and merged just fine.

Also can’t stand the people that merge at 30 mph below the flow of traffic, then floor it once in traffic.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a frikkin' acceleration lane to get up to highway speed !!!
Chaps my ass big time.

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Hell, around here, people will slow down or speed up to keep you from merging.

Posts: 3235 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
seems in the past few years, traveling on I95 towards and returning from NOVA, the left lane is the slow lane,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Ohhhhhhh you guys should try this with a 15 year old driving.

It’s exhilarating.

Especially when his base reaction to being over-stimulated is…to hit the brakes.

Lots of stimulation on our interstates.

But I’ve got fantastic insurance, auto, life, and umbrella. Soooooooooo…

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why Do People CREEP SLOWLY Down The ACCELERATION Ramp!!!

because they are getting ready to stop at the end of the ramp to make sure no cars are coming. Just being safe and polite you know?

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I see the opposite behavior more frequently: people who ignore the yield sign when moving from the on ramp to the main traffic lane, whether or not there is a vehicle there.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post