SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People that drive slow then have to swerve out to turn
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People that drive slow then have to swerve out to turn Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
Following behind some moron going just below the speed limit. Of course they signal their turn 50' in front of the street. Then they swerve out to the right, to turn left! And just like that I developed Tourettes!

While I'm on the driving subject. People who are always in the wrong lane for where they want to go. Then at the last minute they have to cut in front of someone because now they have to turn into the shopping center! I know where I am going and prepare myself and stay in the lanes I need to be in to get where I want to go.
Rant off

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
My pet peeve (one of many, actually) is people trying to leave a parking lot. They have to turn into the exit area, and they get lazy and end up blocking traffic in our out of the parking lot area.

In other words, instead of making a pretty squared up turn, they get lazy and don't get their vehicle turned sharply enough that they are facing straight on to the exit lane. If there are 2 exit lanes they end up blocking both of those because they didn't square their turn. Somtimes they even block the others from coming in or out of the parking area because they're angled and not square. Just too damn flippin lazy to make a proper turn.

Then because they're lazy ass idjits, they won't turn until there is no oncoming traffic for 3 blocks or so.

If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I want to come back as a traffic cop.

Posts: 11810 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
a few,,

not sure what is is about Ford pickups and old guys,

I have had many over the years where the old guy, in his Ford will see me coming, pull out his driveway or street in front of me in a hurry,, then wait a second or 10 to start to accelerate,

I swear some must take a drag from their Marlboro and a sip of coffee before the put the foot back on the gas,,

we have one intersection that I go thru almost daily that is the exit for a Home Despot parking lot, (larger shopping center)
the on ramp for a bypass is just past the intersection, and it has a merge lane if you are turning right,

I have had people pull out of that merge lane in front of me (I have to brake hard to not get hit)
watch one old guy (chevy this time) come out of the parking lot, and go across the other 4 lanes and hit a woman in her car on the inside lane,
he never looked,

it's at least one incident a week that I have to avoid,,,

relating to the OP,, my drive home is thru a state park,
used to be 55. now 45, 2 lane well paved country road,
folks now and then running 35 or less,
then get to the stop sign, and roll thru it,
the get to their driveway in the residential section,, and come to a complete stop then turn,,

amazing

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10407 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Watched a driver just last week make a left turn from the right turn lane. I kid you not, across 3 lanes of straight traffic and the left turn lane at lunch time on US41.

Posts: 10799 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh man, all this has taken out most of the joy that driving may have had.
Cruising along ten feet behind me in the other lane.
Stopping way back in traffic then moving forward after the car behind stops.
Blazing across the double white before the freeway merge begins.
Left-foot brake guys dancing on their pedal while I’m stuck behind.
Slowing to a virtual stop as they drift into the turning lane in the last ten feet.
On and on….
I drove the Natchez Parkway a while back and it was actually enjoyable. It’s non-stop, moderate speed and sees few road warriors.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 322 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with you on those clowns, who have to swerve right before turning left. Did they teach that technique in driver's ed?
My other pet peeve is the jerk, who rides with you for several miles, sitting in your blind spot. Of all the stupid things they put on cars these days, the one good thing are the outside mirrors, that light up, when someone is in your blind spot.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
One of my closest calls was a farm semi driving slow with the ‘hazards’ on. I was following with a load of firewood. He pulled to the right, so I thought I’d go by. He was actually pulling to the right to turn left.

It would of been so much better to just use the blinker, plus be watching me behind him. I barely avoided him.

Posts: 6128 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want to kill a few hours, or days even, go to youtube and type in "idiots in cars". It's an entertainment bonanza.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My theory as to why people drive their cars and SUV's like it's an 18 wheeler is that these modern cars have HORRIBLE visibility for the driver. There's a reason why they all have sensors and cameras all over the place now; you can't see out any of the dammed windows worth a shit! People can't see the road anymore either which is why they often are driving on or over the yellow lines around here. All due to "style" and fuel efficiency. The tiny slits of rear windows really bug the shit out of me in all these new cars.

Posts: 33572 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
^ I’m with you. I’m keeping my current high mileage 3 series because I like the way it handles, accelerates and I can SEE out of it. My wife’s old car had terrible blind spots, and so does her new one, but at least it has those warning lights in the mirrors.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add in the complete and total MORONS who come to a complete stop before a railroad crossing and then inching across at a pace a crawling baby would beat. Hey, you purchased that F250 to prove your "tough" how about you drive it like a truck.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5600 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

My theory as to why people drive their cars and SUV's like it's an 18 wheeler is that these modern cars have HORRIBLE visibility for the driver. There's a reason why they all have sensors and cameras all over the place now; you can't see out any of the dammed windows worth a shit! People can't see the road anymore either which is why they often are driving on or over the yellow lines around here.
Yes, sir! I bought a Ford Edge primarily because it was one of the few vehicles that I could afford, that had enough legroom in the driver seat for my extra long legs (36.5" inseam).

Visibility for the driver is indeed horrible. Very limited forward visibility in terms of seeing the ground, near the vehicle, no view whatsoever of the lines defining a parking slot when pulling in.

Even worse is the view (preview) on the sides when making a turn. The A pillars are very thick at the bottom (speakers inside), and immediate aft of the A pillars, the side view mirrors have huge housings, big impediment to seeing where you're turning. Bad enough in daylight, terrible at night.

I find that my delivery truck, a GMC 3500 with a 12-foot cargo box, is much easier to drive in terms of seeing where I'm going, making turns, and maneuvering in a parking lot.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30531 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
The other day I was driving behind a guy who got into the left turn lane, slowed like he was making a left turn, and then made a right turn crossing in front of me causing me to slam on my brakes. He didn’t use any turn signals at all. I’ve never in my life considered following a guy to yell at him but the thought crossed my mind on that one.

Some people truly believe they are the only ones on the road.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
And just like that I developed Tourettes!

ha very good

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
With modern materials there is no excuse for A pillars to be as fat as they are on many vehicles, notably Silverados.

No excuse for building poor quality vehicles with physical obstructions by design which preclude visibility of the road, notably Silverados.

No excuse for trying to cover up the inadequacies of design with expensive technology and gizmos.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5641 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want good visibility the answer is very simple. Buy a CAR. Frankly with fuel costs going for the moon I just do not understand why people buy trucks when a CAR can provide more comfort, visibility, and vastly better handling.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5600 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
While I'm on the driving subject. People who are always in the wrong lane for where they want to go. Then at the last minute they have to cut in front of someone because now they have to turn into the shopping center!
I'd put the minority as the ones who even looked in their mirror before their last minute, poor planning lane change. Around here, the highest density of these poor planning lane changers is around the mall.

As a motorcyclist, these people scare the hell out of me. I don't even drive past the mall during business hours which means I go miles out of my way.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23086 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out here I’ve noticed more and more people cutting across gore points last minute to take an exit…

A couple weeks ago DOT had a comment on their electronic billboards above the freeway that said “Missed your exit? Don’t worry we’ve installed more ahead”

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
My theory as to why people drive their cars and SUV's like it's an 18 wheeler is that these modern cars have HORRIBLE visibility for the driver. There's a reason why they all have sensors and cameras all over the place now; you can't see out any of the dammed windows worth a shit! People can't see the road anymore either which is why they often are driving on or over the yellow lines around here. All due to "style" and fuel efficiency. The tiny slits of rear windows really bug the shit out of me in all these new cars.

I don't care what you're driving, if you are in the right lane on a busy road and you want to make a right turn into a parking lot, you don't need to come to almost a full stop *in the traffic lane*, then swing out one lane to the LEFT before making your turn.

It's not like that maneuver is going to improve your visibility. In fact it will put you in danger from the people in the left lane you just cut in front of, and never saw. (And never needed to see until you started driving like a retard.)

FFS.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite is Ma and Pa Kettle coming to town for medical visits in their Ford 350 dually. They stop at the parking lot entry arm and get confused, and stay there. I get out of my car, walk up, and push the green lit button that says "Push." I then explain what to do. Once they get in, and I get in, they often try to BACK IN an angled slot in the parking garage.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post