SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Failure to Fire P322 - RANGE REPORT!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Failure to Fire P322 - RANGE REPORT!!! Login/Join 
posted
This maybe an old subject but today with a new 322 I have 21 failures to fire. CCI,ELY and Auguilia ammo.Firing Pin hits were all the same on fired and failed rounds. Is this a problem? Fix? Waiting to hear back from the factory.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jerry1834,

Posts: 85 | Location: NW of Tampa Fl | Registered: August 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you called SIG customer support, I am surprised they didn't give you an RMA to send it back. What are they doing?

Posts: 138 | Location: Great State of Virginia | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per the customer service Rep they are swamped - had to fill out a form with all the info. waiting for the RMA and shipping label. Patience is a virtue which I don't have.

Posts: 85 | Location: NW of Tampa Fl | Registered: August 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went back today - first thing out of the mouth of FedX - you can't ship a firearm. Proved him wrong!

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
tagged..curious to hear what the issue is/was

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will do! Just sent them pictures of the hits that didn't go off. Should help the gunsmith.

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I have 2 P322s. My son and I fired them about 3 weeks ago and experienced the same with about 20 - 25 rounds, but we had only fired Browning copper jacketed ammo.

I've since cleaned/lubed them and loaded each with different ammo, one with CCI hollow points and one with Winchester hollow points. I'm hoping they didn't like the Browning ammo; otherwise, I will be doing the same thing you did, Jerry.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
remsis,

We will see and I guess their turn around is about two weeks.
This model came high recommended by a Sig employee who I really trust. He did say the mags could be an issue when loading rounds with failures to strip. Just had to load them carefully.

posted Hide Post
remsis.....wonder if our serial numbers are in the same range. Tried sending you a PM but I don't think I can.

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry1834:
remsis.....wonder if our serial numbers are in the same range. Tried sending you a PM but I don't think I can.

Hi Jerry,

SF doesn't have a PM function, you have to send an email to the other member (if they have an email address listed in their profile.)

My 2 SN's are:

73AO192XX
73AO192XX

The 2 SN's I have are only 7 numbers apart, so I'm sure they would have both been made at/around the same time.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
73AO324XX pretty far apart. My guess is a weak hammer spring. They should have it in the morning.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jerry1834,

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Ok good. Please post a follow-up once you have a final determination. I will go to the range this weekend if I'm not working and try them again, but there's a strong possibility I will be working. If not this weekend, it will be next weekend.

posted Hide Post
Will do!

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

A quick update on my 322's.

Today I got to the range and fired the following, from both guns to make sure they either worked/or didn't work with both types of ammo.

I fired 300 rounds of CCI Mini Mag and had 0 issues from either gun.

I fired 222 rounds of Winchester copper jacketed hollow point. I experienced between 5 - 6 issues, mainly FTF, and the issues were experienced in both guns. Oddly, the issues seemed to occur towards the end, so maybe the gun is a little more finicky when it's dirty?

I did notice that the Mini Mags burned much cleaner than the Winchester, even though both are copper jacketed hollow points.

For this being my 2nd time with the guns, I would say my opinion thus far is that they are ammo finicky, which I have found most any kind of 22LR guns are. I will clean them up/lube them again prior to the next range trip.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear the CCI's worked the best for you. They didn't for me. The FTF"s are a bullet position issue in the magazine per my Sig Sauer buddy.Hope to the have my 22 back around the 24Th. Fingers Crossed.

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
All of my FTF were using Aquila ammo. A second try had them all fire. I've had issues with their 9mm being vastly underpowered and the 22. But today getting any 22LR was difficult so I grabbed it.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
All of my FTF were using Aquila ammo. A second try had them all fire. I've had issues with their 9mm being vastly underpowered and the 22. But today getting any 22LR was difficult so I grabbed it.

rscalzo,

Same thing with me with the Winchester and Browning ammo I tried, all rounds fired on my 2nd attempt, but definitely much worse for me with the Browning.

posted Hide Post
Heard from CS today and they have their Engineering team involved. One concern is the lead build up from only 50 rounds of ELY 40gr lead bullets. Not sure when it will be returned. I'll give them another week and then suggest they replace it.

Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in buying two of these Sig 322s but this thread has given me pause. I try to stick with CCI with my other 22s but nowadays, it's hard to be choosy. Thanks to all the posters and I look forward to any further updates from Sig CS.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It came highly rated by a Sig employee and I trust his judgment 110%. He has two with no firing issues at all from day one. Just need to take your time on loading the magazines. I will be calling them at the end of next week for an update. Keep the you posted.