SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Failure to Fire P322
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Failure to Fire P322 Login/Join 
posted
This maybe an old subject but today with a new 322 I have 21 failures to fire. CCI,ELY and Auguilia ammo.Firing Pin hits were all the same on fired and failed rounds. Is this a problem? Fix? Waiting to hear back from the factory.

Posts: 14 | Registered: August 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you called SIG customer support, I am surprised they didn't give you an RMA to send it back. What are they doing?

Posts: 134 | Location: Great State of Virginia | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per the customer service Rep they are swamped - had to fill out a form with all the info. waiting for the RMA and shipping label. Patience is a virtue which I don't have.

posted Hide Post
Went back today - first thing out of the mouth of FedX - you can't ship a firearm. Proved him wrong!

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
tagged..curious to hear what the issue is/was

Posts: 7539 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will do! Just sent them pictures of the hits that didn't go off. Should help the gunsmith.

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I have 2 P322s. My son and I fired them about 3 weeks ago and experienced the same with about 20 - 25 rounds, but we had only fired Browning copper jacketed ammo.

I've since cleaned/lubed them and loaded each with different ammo, one with CCI hollow points and one with Winchester hollow points. I'm hoping they didn't like the Browning ammo; otherwise, I will be doing the same thing you did, Jerry.

Posts: 7849 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
remsis,

We will see and I guess their turn around is about two weeks.
This model came high recommended by a Sig employee who I really trust. He did say the mags could be an issue when loading rounds with failures to strip. Just had to load them carefully.

posted Hide Post
remsis.....wonder if our serial numbers are in the same range. Tried sending you a PM but I don't think I can.

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry1834:
remsis.....wonder if our serial numbers are in the same range. Tried sending you a PM but I don't think I can.

Hi Jerry,

SF doesn't have a PM function, you have to send an email to the other member (if they have an email address listed in their profile.)

My 2 SN's are:

73AO192XX
73AO192XX

The 2 SN's I have are only 7 numbers apart, so I'm sure they would have both been made at/around the same time.

Posts: 7849 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
73AO324XX pretty far apart. My guess is a weak hammer spring. They should have it in the morning.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jerry1834,

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Ok good. Please post a follow-up once you have a final determination. I will go to the range this weekend if I'm not working and try them again, but there's a strong possibility I will be working. If not this weekend, it will be next weekend.

posted Hide Post
Will do!