SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig P220 Bar-Sto Barrel Fitting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P220 Bar-Sto Barrel Fitting Login/Join 
Picture of NMDave
posted
Okay brain trust… I just received an order from Bar-Sto. I ordered 2 Semi fit barrels. One for the P226 build I am working on and a Semi fit P220 to upgrade the factory barrel on my stainless framed P220.

I do this often with Bar-Sto barrels without issues. Most need very little if any fitting… maybe some minor stone work to make it cycle flawlessly… Until now.

I sent Bar-Sto an email this morning when I discovered the problem so I am sure they will reach out to me next week to resolve but, I am curious if anyone else has had the same issue.

I had to hand stone the belly of the feed ramp to clear the locking block (totally expected) but when I finally got the slide to rack, the feed ramp does not align with the locking block ramp.

Original barrel functions just fine. Here are some picks I took this morning when I discovered…

Here are the two barrels side-by-side

And the misalignment with the new barrel and the slide locked back

So, am I not seeing the obvious or is the ramp too long and in the wrong location on the new barrel?

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I can't say for sure what the hang-up is with your barrel, but here's a thread which may give you some useful info.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...520093684#5520093684

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Thanks Vinny. As suspected, Bar-Sto reached out to me Monday morning and agreed there was some machining needed on the feed ramp. They have it now and will be making it right.

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post