SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Chris, I didn't ask the question right. I have the new long extractor so dissassembly of the slide is different. I watched the p239 but that didn't apply. Thanks in advance. By the way, love the video. JR

Posts: 5 | Registered: April 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotcha, thanks. Someday SIG will quit reinventing the extractor Wink.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris will the sig P232 parts kit fit the P230.

Thanks

love the dvd

Posts: 10 | Registered: September 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glendive:
Chris will the sig P232 parts kit fit the P230.

Yes. The minor changes to a couple of the parts don't affect fit or function.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very interested in buying this dvd... I have a 9mm Sig P226 Tactical Operations with the spiral roll pin. I believe that makes it a -p series? Unfortunately I dont have enough firearm knowledge to know for sure :-) Anyways here's my question: Does the dvd currently show step by step instruction to detail striping my firearm including the spiral roll pin holding in the breech block?

Posts: 2 | Registered: September 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While the DVD will get you through your particular pistol, the DVD was made before SIG started using the spiral pins.

posted Hide Post
Chris,Just got the DVD on ebay for $24.60(used) shipped and can't wait to get it. Hope it works good. By the way chris I was with the 1st ID in VietNam. 1/4 Cav

Traveling Man, Sir Knight
Disabled Combat Vet, Cavalry trooper

Posts: 82 | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope the DVD helps. Thanks for your service, I managed to avoid overseas conflicts Wink.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
I just ordered the DVD from Brownells, it's on backorder.

Well, they didn't order very many, and I guess they went quick. We'll make sure they get more!

Chris, shoot me a email at 19smoke48@charter.net
I wasin the first ID 66-67 69-70

Traveling Man, Sir Knight
Disabled Combat Vet, Cavalry trooper

Posts: 82 | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
discontinued by Brownells? is there another source?

First to go, last to know

Posts: 12 | Registered: November 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by defensive.edge:
discontinued by Brownells? is there another source?

Top Gun Supply!

Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post
Chris a while back you asked what people wanted in a new DVD. Have any decisions been made? Maybe re-issue the originals with updates added in?

Posts: 914 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least for the forseeable future, no further DVDs are planned.

Picture of scenarlob
posted Hide Post
Is there enough similarity between the SAO pistols (I've got a P220 and an X5) and the rest of the line to make owning this worthwhile?

In religion as in other aspects of his life Timur was above all an opportunist; his religion served frequently to further his aims, but almost never to circumscribe his actions.

Posts: 10 | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never having taken a SAO apart, I can't answer your question, sorry.

posted Hide Post
I see the last post here was 2 years ago, but thought I'd ask anyway...how relevant would the DVD be for the P224?

I've never disassembled any pistol more than a field strip, and since the P224 was released long after the dvd, I'm wondering whether once I get in there, if I'm going to see subsequent modifications to components or design that might throw me for a loop. I'm gonna get the dvd regardless, but thought I'd ask, to know how cautious to be. Thanks.

Posts: 55 | Registered: February 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robmcc:
I see the last post here was 2 years ago, but thought I'd ask anyway...how relevant would the DVD be for the P224?

I've never disassembled any pistol more than a field strip, and since the P224 was released long after the dvd, I'm wondering whether once I get in there, if I'm going to see subsequent modifications to components or design that might throw me for a loop. I'm gonna get the dvd regardless, but thought I'd ask, to know how cautious to be. Thanks.

When introduced, the P224 was advertised as a cut-down P229, so the DVD should be very applicable. There may be some minor differences, of course, but the internal part arrangement is basically the same.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
I can't think of anything that is very different from the P229. It should get you there.

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used the video to disassemble my 229. You won't have any problems applying the technique.

Even if you never intend to disassemble your Sig that far you'll learn stuff in it that you really should need to know like:

How the firing pin safety mechanism works (and how to test it).

The SIG maintenance videos on SIG's site are horrible. Too small (and not zoomable) and more often than not they show the presenter's face rather than the gun at various parts in the procedure.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms

Posts: 418 | Location: Virginia/North Carolina | Registered: March 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ordered this DVD from Top Gun...I look forward to learning more about our 226 & M11 A-1

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post