SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Absolutely!

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8754 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris,

I picked up you video and I have to tell you it's outstanding. It helped me in taking my P228 apart to do a trigger swap and some internal polishing to smooth out the action. I don't think I would have taken the leap without some quality guidance.

Just a quick thanks.

L.

Proud owner of a Sig P228

Posts: 31 | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently dissasembled my P226 completely to have the frame and slide refinished

This was the first time doing any,and I mean any, work on any type of gun

I purchased the DVD and watched it repeatedly for a couple of weeks while the pistol was being refinished.

Even with the DVD, when I saw all the parts laid out ready to install ,I figured I am probably going to end up taking it to a Gunsmith

Yet, a few hours later,it was all back together and everything works perfectly ,there were a few parts that took a little bit to get right

Was installing Short Trigger and SRT at the same time,forgot to put the SRT Safety Lever in with the new Sear and had to go back in and do that

Thanks for a great Video
Glenn

Posts: 184 | Location: WA State | Registered: August 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is a video that covers the p238 in the works, by chance?

Posts: 23 | Location: Southern Utah | Registered: December 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a DVD on 226 X5 (tactical)?

Posts: 24 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the kind words, guys. To answer your questions about whether or not there's an X5 and P238 DVD in the works: we don't have any plans to do an armorer's course DVD on those two guns, but we're not ruling anything out in the future. Thanks!

-Chris

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
great video

Posts: 9 | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple weeks ago I picked up the video and was very, very pleased.

I was able to get my 220 disassembled, cleaned and put back together in about 2 hours. After a few tries it's getting much, much smoother.

Well worth the money I spent on it

Posts: 17 | Registered: January 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post
Suggestion - any future videos should be shot in HD with the option of buying either a Blu-Ray or a DVD. I think it would help show better detail with small parts and HD cameras are way cheaper than they were when you guys started doing this. I don't know about Blu-Ray production costs, however, but you guys can at least look into it.

Thanks for the excellent work so far; with your help I had no problem picking up a new skill.

Posts: 914 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1boredguy
posted Hide Post
I have the Sig Pro 2022 DVD, it's great. Well worth the $$.

It would be great if they made DVDs for the CZ P01 and CZ SP01 as well.

Posts: 151 | Location: Washington | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1boredguy:
I have the Sig Pro 2022 DVD, it's great. Well worth the $$.

It would be great if they made DVDs for the CZ P01 and CZ SP01 as well.

I also would like to see Chris made a DVD for the CZ series. I have two PCRs and could really use a video.

davemercer

Posts: 936 | Location: NE USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the DVD cover the P232?
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
Absolutely!

Posts: 7 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dcreger:
Does the DVD cover the P232?

Yes it does.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8754 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I notice that this topic started in 2005.

Has it been updated? Does it include newer models?

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:

The DVD has not been updated to include newer models; i.e., P250, 290, 238, etc. Sorry.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used this to frame strip my P226 for the first time this weekend. Made it downright easy. Gave me the confidence to install the SRT myself so ordered it immediately after.

My one comment is that when putting the Sear assembly back together, I found going left to right much easier than left to right. It was easier to get the sear past the fixed pin and into position without the safety lever in the way and the safety lever slid in just fine as the last piece. To each his own I guess.

Also, for version 2, you might want to incorporate a couple of high detail, zoomed in freeze frames at certain points to illustrate positioning or how parts interact with each other.

Anyway, I appreciate that this product is out there. Thanks!

Posts: 31 | Registered: April 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's official Dance Professor
Picture of SRA
posted Hide Post
Are the SRTs in stock?

My Fifteen Seconds of Fame

Posts: 3212 | Location: Utah, United States | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Midway has them (P226 and P239 but not P220)

Posts: 31 | Registered: April 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:

Chris, I have a new p226 and the slide is different than the one on the video. The punch pin does not come out the same. Hoe do you get it out now? Thanks. JR

Posts: 5 | Registered: April 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The video show the disassembly of the one piece, stainless steel slide as well. I believe we used a P239.