SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply Login/Join 
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RavenVT100:
Got mine today also. Very nice! I'm going to go through most of it later tonight. Thanks again.

You bet! Thanks for the great feedback everyone.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
Apparently our DVD is on back-order with Brownells. They will have more in-stock after Christmas, but you can always order direct from Chris O. and me if you're unable to wait before then.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/350601935/m/427102252

Thanks.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I learned a lot from it. Thank you.

Posts: 1400 | Location: California | Registered: December 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Brownells has them now, I just got one. Good stuff!

Posts: 225 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ordered mine today!

Posts: 67 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: September 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got the DVD, worth it in so many ways!

Posts: 7 | Registered: November 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Old Spook
posted Hide Post
Chris,

Excellent work! Just got my copy yesterday. Especially good for me since I have a P226. Really like the lubrication section. Now I know my SIG is in the best shape it can be..

Sig P226ST .40
Glock 19C 9mm
Browning BDM 9mm

"Oderint dum Metuant"

Posts: 39 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: December 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the kind words guys!

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Falconeer
posted Hide Post
To Chris & all:

Just put in a short trigger in my P226R. What a breeze! Thanks much for the great video, Chris!

Any chance we could see a 'Sig Daily & Detailed Cleaning & Maintenance' video?? Big Grin

John E.

Posts: 547 | Location: Fort Collins, CO | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Falconeer:
Any chance we could see a 'Sig Daily & Detailed Cleaning & Maintenance' video?? Big Grin

Well, that does beg the question "What would be of interest in another instructional DVD?"

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:

Well, that does beg the question "What would be of interest in another instructional DVD?"

1.) DAK tear down. Explanation on the differences between DAK and DA/SA, any tricks/recommendations for disassembly/reassembly

2.) Use of the sight tool. Removal/installation of various sights. Bore-sighting.

3.) I know that the 'skeeter is made in Germany, however, any additional info on maintenance, detailed disassembly, etc, would be great..

4.) Armorer info for the GSRs too.

That's all I can think of for now.

Once again Chris and Chris, you've made an excellent video that's easy to follow, thorough, and detailed. Thank you! Smile

I made the 'mistake' of watching the video several times before attending the armorers course in Exeter. For most of the first day on the Sig classic line, I had the proper tool in hand, the gun postioned, impatiently waiting for the ok to take apart the next piece! Big Grin

Thanks guys, for all your work! Smile

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased the video earlier this week and watched it today. It is excellent.

My agency makes its own videos for the trainees to watch on field stripping and cleaning our duty weapons (Glocks, 870s and MP5s) and your video tops all of those. Of course, they don't go into any detail about detail stripping because we're not supposed to, but if they make more videos in the future, they should consult you.

Posts: 2990 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Falconeer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:

For me:
1) Cleaning & Maintenance (Both daily & detailed)
2) Introduction to home gunsmithing for Sig owners

John E.

Posts: 547 | Location: Fort Collins, CO | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chance favors only
the prepared mind.
Picture of Dad250
posted Hide Post
Got Mine and I like it !

Comments on video, could have been a bit better on the focus. When smaller parts such as firing pin are being shown the focus is off when the shot is tight to show detail.

Now if I just got the guts up to disassemble my babe !

P229 9mm

SIG P229 9mm
Springfield Armory XD-9 9mm

AUT PAX, AUT BELLUM

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Posts: 550 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my DVD in the mail on Wednesday, and watch almost the entire thing last night.

First ... THANK YOU. I wish I bought this video when I first bought my P226ST. It would have helped to explain a lot of things,

I have a much better understanding of how the gun works now, and what the disassembly/assembly procedures would look like.

I'd rate the video an "A" for what is there, but, I would like to see more.

- Cleaning and lubrication (This needs more ... you never used grease, only oil. I'd like to see an after range session cleaning and lubication. While I have my procedures down already, it would have definitely helped me as a new owner.)

-- Disassembly/assembly of the P220. You said in the video it was similar to the P226, but my P226ST and P220ST sure do look different.

-- Disammbly/assembly of the Sig Mosquito.

-- More details on the components that you disassemble ... I learned SO MUCH, but there are still more details you can provide.

-- Better close up pictures for some of the parts. Especially some of the springs and intricate assemblies.

-- More education. You did a great job on explaining the operation of many of the components and assemblies. I'd like to see you take it up a level with more explanations of the function of the various components. I learned a lot, but want to learn more.

I learned so much, and thank you for a great video. Am I ready to do a detailed strip, cleaning and reassembly? Nope. Maybe after watching the video a few more times. It is all a comfort factor, and I am not there yet for stripping it down yet.

It would be nice if you can borrow some other Sigs to disassemble ... a P226ST, a P220ST, a Mosquito, etc.

I don't know how much money you made on your first video, but if you turned a nice profit, please make a new one with some additional material ... I'd definitely purchase it.

Thanks again ... George

You can never have enough ammo .... oops, I mean clamps (Woodworkers joke)

Posts: 151 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeM:

- Cleaning and lubrication (This needs more ... you never used grease, only oil. I'd like to see an after range session cleaning and lubication. While I have my procedures down already, it would have definitely helped me as a new owner.)

I've found this to be pretty subjective, with many, many acceptable methods for getting the job done. About the only place I use grease is where the hammer pivot pin and trigger bar interface.

quote:

-- Disassembly/assembly of the P220. You said in the video it was similar to the P226, but my P226ST and P220ST sure do look different.

The frame disassembles the same with the exception of the ejector being part of the slide catch lever on the 220. I thought I showed/explained this using a P225? The slides on your pistols correllate with the P239 slide in the video (with the exception of the extractor on your 220ST--I'm not sure about your 226ST).

quote:

-- Disammbly/assembly of the Sig Mosquito.

As is, the DVD is two hours long. We also neglected the GSR, Trailside and the SigPro. And more importantly...I've never even seen a Mosquito!

quote:

-- More details on the components that you disassemble ... I learned SO MUCH, but there are still more details you can provide.

I suppose we could have made the DVD twice as long if we got into design and function issues. That wasn't our intent, plus this forum is an excellent resource for those extra questions.

quote:

-- Better close up pictures for some of the parts. Especially some of the springs and intricate assemblies.

Agreed. There were times when I didn't know what Chris was able to focus on and he didn't know what I was trying to demo. I think there are other resources available that help fill in any blanks you may have (exploded diagrams, etc.).

quote:

-- More education. You did a great job on explaining the operation of many of the components and assemblies. I'd like to see you take it up a level with more explanations of the function of the various components. I learned a lot, but want to learn more.

Whaddya want to know? That's what this great forum is for!

quote:

I learned so much, and thank you for a great video.

Thanks for the kind words.

posted Hide Post
The frame disassembles the same with the exception of the ejector being part of the slide catch lever on the 220. I thought I showed/explained this using a P225? The slides on your pistols correllate with the P239 slide in the video (with the exception of the extractor on your 220ST--I'm not sure about your 226ST).

-------------- Guess which part of your DVD I didn't watch yet? Blush.

As is, the DVD is two hours long. We also neglected the GSR, Trailside and the SigPro. And more importantly...I've never even seen a Mosquito!

--- The Mosquito is a blast to shoot. I have over 4000 rounds through it (less than 4 months) and I only wish that it had a 50 round magazine. Smile I am sure that someone would lend you one to video Smile.

--- Well .. I guess you need to put out multiple videos Smile.

I suppose we could have made the DVD twice as long if we got into design and function issues. That wasn't our intent, plus this forum is an excellent resource for those extra questions.

--- I know that wasn't your intent. But it might generate additional sales and be of great use to many of us.

--- This forum is a great resource! But I sure wouldn't mind paying you $$$ for a nice video that covers these things in a general way.

Agreed. There were times when I didn't know what Chris was able to focus on and he didn't know what I was trying to demo. I think there are other resources available that help fill in any blanks you may have (exploded diagrams, etc.).

--- Brownells has many exploded diagrams. But they don't compare that what you were able to show on the video. Great job!

Whaddya want to know? That's what this great forum is for!

--- Yup .. a great forum. But I want to toss some $$$ your way on your new video!!

Posts: 151 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris ... thanks for taking the time to provide an explanation to some of my comments ... but most of them were not necesary. I was trying to combine two posts into one and answer the question you asked a short while ago,

---------
---------

My comments were mostly meant to address what I would find of interest, not why you didn't include them in on the DVD.

Thanks again for a great video for a great price! Let me know where to order part two of your series ... Smile Smile Smile

posted Hide Post
Chris,

You’re probably getting tired of the plaudits, but please accept mine.

Given the choice between the AGI Sig DVD and the CWWeapons Sig Sauer Armorer's Course, I chose the latter after talking to tech support at Brownells. I'm sure AGI's is an excellent course, but I can’t say enough good things about this one from CWWeapons.

While I’ll probably never have the courage to go beyond a field disassembly without more training, your DVD quenched my thirst for better understanding the mechanics of my Sig Sauer P229 SAS.

Thanks for your time; I’ll look forward to your next lesson.

Moose

P229 Protected

Posts: 15 | Location: Denver Colorado | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HD-Moose:
Chris,

You’re probably getting tired of the plaudits, but please accept mine.

Hey we never get tired of plaudits. Wink Seriously though, thanks for the kind words. We're really glad the DVD was helpful.