SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply Login/Join 
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
And more importantly...I've never even seen a Mosquito!

[QUOTE]

Eek Oh-my-God! Eek Quick! Doctor, we need a Mosquito in the ER, STAT! Big Grin

Here's my Mosquito in 'HD' Big Grin :

I hope this aids in your production of 'The Sig Sauer Pistols II, The Lost Pistols!' Razz Big Grin

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doc7string
posted Hide Post
I just want to reiterate what is being said here, and thank Chris and Chris for an excellent video. I am a complete beginner when it comes to firearms and have just recently purchased my first. As firearm ownership is obviously an enormous responsibility, I found the need to understand my pistol inside and out hence my purchasing this highly recommended video. I have been studying the parts and their function, and slowly gaining the bravery to disassemble a little more of the pistol each time I pick it up. The video is so clear in its presentation, leaving no important details out. More importantly though, it gives the important tips that only experience (or this video) can teach- like how not to lose, damage or confuse all of those springs.

I truly feel that all gun owners should understand fully the function of their firearm, and that this video should be required watching of all Sig owners.

p 229 SAS, 357 sig, Lasermax

Posts: 54 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: December 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Yes!

I wish all firearms owners held the same postion as you. Smile

Far too many people buy a weapon, load it, shoot it, maybe put some oil or something on it, and shoot it some more. They make almost no effort to understand the inner workings of the weapon, or the awesome responsibility they now have.

This forum is a valuable asset for firearms owners. Thanks to all the Owners and Moderators who keep it going, ( and for putting up with meat-heads like me. Red Face )

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doc7string
posted Hide Post
Thanks ARMT Guy- I agree. Thank goodness for this forum. It not only promotes such thinking, but gives its members the knowledge and support to pursue that thinking. This forum is only as strong and useful as its contributing members, and in my experience, there are a bunch of members who fit that description. If my comments are deemed useful by other members such as yourself, then I am proud that I have been able to contribute significantly to our forum community. As I grow more knowledgable about my firearm, I hope to respond in more technical matters as well- until then I'll just keep learning from everyone else.

p 229 SAS, 357 sig, Lasermax

Posts: 54 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: December 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a new member and LEO. I ordered the video and just got it. Having been intimidated inh the past to stop with a basic cleaning, I feel more confident to go a little further. The Sig Tool looks pretty cool too.

Posts: 22 | Registered: February 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered the video and watched it last night. It's great and I would highly recommend it. I previously switched my extended mag release to the other side and thankfully put that little pin back in correctly....whew!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 991 | Location: Carrollton, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Turbo Supra
posted Hide Post
My video arrived today, along with my other goodies from Brownell's.

Kudos on a GREAT video! VERY straightforward, VERY thorough.

Chris, your beat-up P226 looks as worn as your beat-up fingernails! Big Grin

Thanks for the great work...

------------------------------
P220ST w/Sport comp and barrel
P225 CCR "stainless"
P226R 9mm in HK Black
P228 custom reverse two-tone
P229R .357SIG two-tone

Posts: 2723 | Location: Oswego, IL USA | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turbo Supra:

Chris, your beat-up P226 looks as worn as your beat-up fingernails! Big Grin

That 226 is not "beat up", it just has lots of character Wink. While I don't smoke anymore, I do mangle my nails. Think I'll wear gloves in the next video. Cool

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8754 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Turbo Supra
posted Hide Post
I say skip the gloves. Have an attractive female co-host do all the work, and you just stand off-camera and instruct her. Razz

Thanks again for the great video! My Sigs will appreciate a good strip-down and detail cleaning...

Posts: 2723 | Location: Oswego, IL USA | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 to that Turbo Supra,
Especially the over the shoulder camera shots with a leaky bottle of lube.

...Then Chris wouldn't be able to sell the DVD through Brownells....

:b

Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead

Posts: 46 | Location: Chicago Illinois | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After a six day wait, I finally got the "Chris W.& Chris O." DVD from Brownell's. Hazzah! Smile
My excitment quickly changed for the worse as I opened the box & heard the rattling DVD. My suspicions were confirmed as I viewed the many scratches and was unable to play it. Frown Even the inside of the DVD box was scratched up. The card board box was slightly squished. I wonder if USPS throws these boxes in a tumbler for hours before delivery.
I'll try again, maybe using a faster delivery method other than USPS.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I grew up reading Sigforum
Picture of owenbright
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the DVD from Brownells today. WEEEEEE

Posts: 1884 | Location: on the move | Registered: June 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRIO:
After a six day wait, I finally got the "Chris W.& Chris O." DVD from Brownell's. Hazzah! Smile
My excitment quickly changed for the worse as I opened the box & heard the rattling DVD. My suspicions were confirmed as I viewed the many scratches and was unable to play it. Frown Even the inside of the DVD box was scratched up. The card board box was slightly squished. I wonder if USPS throws these boxes in a tumbler for hours before delivery.
I'll try again, maybe using a faster delivery method other than USPS.

Brownells will make it right I'm sure. They're great people to deal with.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
do they make a dvd for the sig pro 2340? any info appr. thanks

Posts: 22 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patriotjjt:
do they make a dvd for the sig pro 2340? any info appr. thanks

We don't have one at the moment, but we're tentatively planning to work on one soon.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks, that would be a great help in learning all I can about my sig pro.Can you let us know when you finish? thanks for the reply. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patriotjjt,

Posts: 22 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
Any idea if a video like this one for the Sig pros is on the works?. With so many Sig pros been sold, it would be a good idea. I would be the ifrst in line Big Grin

"What I would die for?
My faith, my family, my friends, my freedom and my flag" Tony Zinni

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30PlusRetlaw:
Any idea if a video like this one for the Sig pros is on the works?. With so many Sig pros been sold, it would be a good idea. I would be the ifrst in line Big Grin

In another thread you said you were "lazy", but my gosh man. Take a look at the post two above yours!

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8754 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
I'm putting myself on time out, no more asking questions until I learn to read first Frown

"What I would die for?
My faith, my family, my friends, my freedom and my flag" Tony Zinni

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30PlusRetlaw:
I'm putting myself on time out, no more asking questions until I learn to read first Frown

Big Grin That was good; time in!