SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Factory Sig P320 40/357 Slide with Optic Cut?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Factory Sig P320 40/357 Slide with Optic Cut? Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted
Hello all,
Been looking around a bit and, unless I've just missed it, I don't think Sig has ever made a conventional slide or X Series slide (non-Pro-Cut) that is optics ready *and* in 40/357 chambering. Maybe I'm wrong and just haven't found it, but in lieu of Sig producing one, I figured maybe I'd have an existing slide of mine milled to match what Sig does. I called Sig's custom shop and they said they did not offer that service.

So I figured I'd ask the group here if anyone was aware of any very highly skilled gunsmiths that might be able to replicate the slide milling *exactly* as Sig would do it from the factory. Thanks!

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I have a Norsso P320 40/357 optics ready slide. It is a quality product and I have had not issues with it. Norsso P320 40/357 Slides

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure someone somewhere could do "exactly" what sig does. But nobody does because what sig normally does is not very smart. Robert Burke, Jagerworks, PMM, C&H all come to mind as competent on the issue of cutting a slide to fit an optic. But I would guess literally everyone in this space does a 320 given its universality. But nobody should do what sig does.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hrcjon,

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post