SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Proud of Tennessee Permitless Carry Law
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proud of Tennessee Permitless Carry Law Login/Join 
Picture of airborne19822003
posted
Effective July 1st, 2021, any citizen can carry a firearm without a permit. It does provide a provision for private property owners to post “Permit Only” carry signs and of course all the standard restrictions apply, schools and bars etc.

I still think it us one step in the right direction!

What do you all think of it?

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

Posts: 793 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats to y'all!! Definitely a step in the right direction.

Posts: 6599 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I too am proud, but would love more encouragement and education regarding the importance of elective training. I think every free state should follow suit.

Posts: 2929 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Louisiana just passed the constitutional carry law but the governor vetoed the bill. UPDATE:::::::Next week a veto override session is due to start and will have to wait and see if the governors veto gets overridden. No vetos over turned since during the 1970"s. ...............UPDATE #2--- The veto override
session just closed out in less than 2 full days of work . Veto was not overturned so guess the general public is out of lock for the time being. Maybe next session of the legislature somebody will try again......................................... drill sgt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drill sgt,

Posts: 1941 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
I'm very happy for Tennesseeans and all the other states with CC.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As someone who moved to Tennessee three years ago from the completely ‘unfree’ state of New York, I will say that I am completely unhappy with the total copout by the governor and legislature in TN.
What they did was grant exceptions to existing law. They in no way made carrying a weapon a Constitutional Right.
The NRA, who backed this new law, managed to get a cut of every person who does the new required online course.

Posts: 7 | Location: Southern Middle Tennessee | Registered: July 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post