SIGforum
Proud of Tennessee Permitless Carry Law

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/140601935/m/9880091384

July 05, 2021, 02:59 PM
airborne19822003
Proud of Tennessee Permitless Carry Law
Effective July 1st, 2021, any citizen can carry a firearm without a permit. It does provide a provision for private property owners to post “Permit Only” carry signs and of course all the standard restrictions apply, schools and bars etc.

I still think it us one step in the right direction!

What do you all think of it?

Daniel
Cleveland, TN
July 05, 2021, 03:58 PM
GT-40DOC
Congrats to y'all!! Definitely a step in the right direction.
July 05, 2021, 05:05 PM
dking271
I too am proud, but would love more encouragement and education regarding the importance of elective training. I think every free state should follow suit.

July 16, 2021, 05:08 PM
drill sgt
Louisiana just passed the constitutional carry law but the governor vetoed the bill. UPDATE:::::::Next week a veto override session is due to start and will have to wait and see if the governors veto gets overridden. No vetos over turned since during the 1970"s. ...............UPDATE #2--- The veto override
session just closed out in less than 2 full days of work . Veto was not overturned so guess the general public is out of lock for the time being. Maybe next session of the legislature somebody will try again......................................... drill sgt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drill sgt,
July 17, 2021, 09:02 AM
Opus Dei
I'm very happy for Tennesseeans and all the other states with CC.
January 02, 2022, 09:42 PM
FALfan
As someone who moved to Tennessee three years ago from the completely ‘unfree’ state of New York, I will say that I am completely unhappy with the total copout by the governor and legislature in TN.
What they did was grant exceptions to existing law. They in no way made carrying a weapon a Constitutional Right.
The NRA, who backed this new law, managed to get a cut of every person who does the new required online course.