SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Colorado members.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado members. Login/Join 
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
The Dems will keep pushing this drivel every session until it's passed or they are out of power. I pray the latter comes first.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5753 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Colorado seems to enjoy being on the scotus radar these days. Roll Eyes

They're even banning gas lawnmowers in 2025, except for the parks and recreation dept. probably Roll Eyes. Hope this pendulum swings back soon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigSentry,

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of my life has been in Colorado, other than a few years of military service and a couple of combat tours in Vietnam. 24 years in law enforcement followed by over 20 years in business. Second retirement just over 8 years ago, living in a very nice home with no mortgage and no other debts.

It is very tough to make a change at 73 years of age, but we talk about it just about every day.

Colorado is no longer emulating the liberal left coast, the current administration is taking the lead in destroying every vestige of constitutional liberties as rapidly as they can generate the legislation.

Difficult choices. No longer a problem financially, we can choose whatever we want to do and wherever we want to do it, but it isn't easy to take that step.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
I agree with all that has been said here in this post.
4th generation Coloradan. Maintained my residence through 24 years in the Navy; moved back to Colorado for my last tour. Retired in Feb 2001, DoD civil service for additional 20 years.

Like others have said, looking at moving to another state is a daily conversation with my wife. Don't want to go to another crowded metropolitan area. Really need to stay near/in the Rockies; but cannot stomach the liberal California communists coming into Colorado daily. Absolute disgust for the holders of state political offices. I-25 from Castle Rock to Wyoming border should just become a suburb of CA. I70 west is a joke; bumper to bumper all day, every day.

OK, rant off.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
There's a rally today(March 19th) at the state capitol to oppose this nonsense. See what attention it gets...

Posts: 5144 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Denver Post is reporting this bill stands a better chance of passing. It's the same shit sandwich as last year's bill that didn't make it out of committee. Watching for the vote on this one. I know it's customary to provide a link, but it's behind a paywall and I refuse to do that.

Posts: 7527 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Denver Post is worth fuckall.

Might go to SCOTUS, but the more probable outcome is a quiet death like the last one.
For now.

The commies are probing for weaknesses like the desperate disease they are. Like the mold on an orange.

Gotta GTFO here.

Posts: 5144 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djinco:
I agree with all that has been said here in this post.
4th generation Coloradan. Maintained my residence through 24 years in the Navy; moved back to Colorado for my last tour. Retired in Feb 2001, DoD civil service for additional 20 years.

Like others have said, looking at moving to another state is a daily conversation with my wife. Don't want to go to another crowded metropolitan area. Really need to stay near/in the Rockies; but cannot stomach the liberal California communists coming into Colorado daily. Absolute disgust for the holders of state political offices. I-25 from Castle Rock to Wyoming border should just become a suburb of CA. I70 west is a joke; bumper to bumper all day, every day.

OK, rant off.

I could not agree with you more. This state is going to shit..er well has been going for years. The front range has turned into a cesspool of dumbocrats. Where to go....

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^. We have the same question. Left in 2007 and came back in 2019. Sad to see what’s happened to this state.

I’d love to stay to retire here but not the way the politics are trending. If Why-oming wasn’t so cold and windy….

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5753 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I'm not going anywhere. For the first time in my life, I'm going to work on a campaign for a local Republican running for county commissioner. I've never felt the need to get involved at the grassroots level, but this candidate is a friend of my wife and just an exceptional individual.

Posts: 7527 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Like it or not this shit will end up in every state.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Well, it passed out of the Judiciary committee. Looks like it's going to happen. Time to let my rep know I'll make it my life's work to unseat them if they vote for this unconstitutional shit sandwich.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: goose5,

Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
There's a rally today(March 19th) at the state capitol to oppose this nonsense. See what attention it gets...

I sincerely hope they took Brandon's words to heart, but I doubt it. Frown

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Time to let my rep know I'll make it my life's work to unseat them if they vote for this unconstitutional shit sandwich.

While I agree with the spirit of the fight they can't ever get unseated in CO with all the ballot harvesting and other election fraud going on. They follow their orders and don't pay any attention to the opposition because they know they can do whatever they want without consequences.
I really hope that pisses everyone here off enough.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/Mrgunsngea.../1779903124116819982

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Like it or not this shit will end up in every state.

So you're saying 'every' state will become a Leftist dominated, Democrat run shithole...I think not.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I'd bet any amount those 35 votes came from the I-25 corridor running from Fort Collins through Boulder and Denver to Colorado Springs

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Sorry to read this. We got fucked so fast in Illinois that none of us had time to buy any firearms before it was banned due to state waiting period. Illinois democrats drafted/passed/governor signed our AWB within 72 hours and the law took effect immediately without any "public" hearings. In Illinois even AR-15 "parts" are now banned and those who had them were supposed to register them or potentially see prison time if caught otherwise. The Illinois law is so vague that almost no retailer will sell anything to us any more. If the grip breaks on my AR-15 I am screwed and would have to send it back to Colt to have them replace it !!

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm buying a rifle soon. What parts would you stock up on?

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Magazines, lower recievers, any semi-automatic pistol you might want, excepting rimfire, hold off on expensive 10/22 stuff IMO. Threaded barrels for any and all things if you have suppressors or interest in such.

I don't know how parts/ammo sales will be affected. If you want to build a new caliber upper, buy the barrel for it now. If you can afford AR-15/10/etc... spare parts or components(including evil pistol grips and VFGs), buy them now. I would hold off on optics.

They want to ban public concealed carry. I'm hoping the blatant overreach gets the whole thing shelved again. RMGO and GOA are campaigning heavily to fight this, don't forget to support the cause any way you can, talking to everyone...myself included.