SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    WA State bill to limit magazine capacity to 10 rounds.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WA State bill to limit magazine capacity to 10 rounds. Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
[...]18 rounders for my 226, but they're seemingly sold out.

Yeah, I went looking for some also a few weeks back and had no luck. When I told a friend about this ban and said there was going to be a run on magazines, he said something along the lines of "it's one state, there's not going to be a national shortage." Sure enough, all kinds of stuff is now hard to find.

When I stocked up on P90 magazines about three years ago, they were $25 a pop. I bought a dozen. Now they're $50. Usually I'm the one playing catch-up and paying panic prices, so I feel good about that at least.

Pretty sure a similar thing happened during California's Freedom Week. Yeah, we're just one state, but there's a lot of folks here who have guns and credit cards. Lotta business getting done here.

Still having trouble finding stuff, so, ya know.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

What are you still looking for?

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

What are you still looking for?

Oh, you know, all the things. 15 round BHPs, those 18 round 226 Mecgars, thinking one day I'll come across a FAL so some of those. I'm pretty well set for AR/AK/Uzi/Colt 9mm, kinda sorta getting there with Glock even though the only thing I own, so far, that takes Glock mags is a lower I just bought.

Basically anything. Who knows how my tastes might change, I like old guns, but after July 1st I wont be able to indulge, legally. If these grabbers weren't doing their grabber nonsense, I'd probably be 6 Enfields deep, with a pile of Tokarevs. Instead, I'm looking at building another 9mm AR, and a .308.

quote:

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Haven’t come across any 15 round BHP mags myself, only 13 rounders, new or surplus. Big bucks for both. Must have sold through their production run due to the Springfield clone.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Basically anything. Who knows how my tastes might change, I like old guns, but after July 1st I wont be able to indulge, legally. If these grabbers weren't doing their grabber nonsense, I'd probably be 6 Enfields deep, with a pile of Tokarevs. Instead, I'm looking at building another 9mm AR, and a .308.

Yeah, that's no shit. I wanted a collection of M1 rifles and carbines, not a safe full of black plastic. What I got? Half and half, and was looking at consolidating on all black plastic because.

Well, good luck with finding what you can this next month or so. After that, enjoy a few quiet road trips to Idaho.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Finally got a line on HK45 mags, those seem to be as scarce as hen’s teeth.

They are 10 rounders which is standard, but if I got to pay the flat rate shipping I figured I’d grab a few P30 20 rounders to go with them Big Grin

Still hoping to track down a P322 before doomsday…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Gunmag warehouse has BHP 15 rounders in stock.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Gunmag warehouse has BHP 15 rounders in stock.

Indeed they do, all they had were the nickel ones so they're a little more fancy, gonna have to shoot with my pinky out. Got those, and another $270 worth of Glock mags. This after spending a bunch on Brownells yesterday for a ten pack of 20 round AR mags, and a bunch of parts to get another build going, so I can use those Glock mags in something.

Fuck you very much, Washington state Democrats.

quote:

The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
"Fuck You Very Much" just seems so inadequate these days. Here's my "representative" (choke)

Rep. Tarra Simmons
State Rep. Tarra Simmons is the junior member of the 23rd-district legislative team and the first formerly incarcerated person elected to the Washington State Legislature. She was elected to the Washington State House of Representatives in 2020 and as a member of the Public Safety, Civil Rights & Judiciary, and Healthcare & Wellness committees, Tarra brings that lived experience to Olympia where she fights to reduce incarceration, increase access to behavioral and mental health, and ease re-entry of formerly incarcerated people back into society.

She sponsored a bill to reduce sentencing for drive-by shootings and to remove the firearms enhancement if the shooter was under 18. It didn't proceed to vote. Small favors.

Oh, my aching country.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
WooHoo!

Just when I was about to give up hope, got the call from a local dealer that they have a P322 for me.

Will be doing the paperwork today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well they did it, in the middle of the night at the last minute because they're a bunch of cowardly assfuckers.

That's exactly how they got us. Legislators are fucking shitbags.

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Legislators are fucking shitbags! I can’t agree more.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Just got an email from JDI that the 30 round 550 mags I ordered are shipping. None of the 20 rounders apparently, but I’ll take it!

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
If anyone really needs something before this takes effect, let me know.

I'm in a free state and might be able to find it and ship it to you.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

Just send them after who cares. Sideshow Bob is a sack of wet dog shit, I'm lighting candles hoping he gets cancer. I'll take voted out this November, but cancer is really my goal.

quote:

Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

P322 mags if you come across any, seems they are OOS everywhere though.

ETA - Disregard, just ordered two from PSA after getting an “Back in stock” email.

This has been a good week!

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
My dad asked me to order him magazines today. I'm like you're cutting this one close, pops. It worked out though, because I found Brownells has 18 round Mecgar 226 magazines in stock, so I got me some too.

And just in case anybody still needs AR mags and wants to help a little, Mag Dump for Washington State.

quote:

Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I just sent a friend who lives north of Spokane 5 15 round Magpul G19 mags and a 12 round Magpul G26 mag. They were extra ones that I had still packaged up. Told him that if he didn't want them, to pass them along to someone else.

We were out in WA a few weeks ago, man has the state gone to hell; a shame. First restroom that my wife went into at a gas station in the state (in Ellensburg) had a sign "Gender Neutral Bathroom". We couldn't wait to get out of WA fast enough. Both of us grew up in WA and lived there over 30 years, left in 2002.

Loved driving through S.D., Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho though Smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Made my last order last night, should get here just under the line, but even if it doesn't, who cares? Fuck you, Sideshow Bob, fuck you, Governor Douche Sock, and fuck the Washington state Democrats, fuck you all until the Sun burns out, and then fuck you for fifteen minutes more.

quote: