SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    WA State bill to limit magazine capacity to 10 rounds.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WA State bill to limit magazine capacity to 10 rounds. Login/Join 
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Do mags shipped have to be post marked by June 30, or do they have to be in your possession by then?

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Do mags shipped have to be post marked by June 30, or do they have to be in your possession by then?

They need to be in possession by the 1st. If the mail fucks up and they get lost and then show up on the 2nd we can't take possession of them, legally.

Realistically, nobody cares, as much as Sideshow Bob would love to do something about it, he can't really.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Looks like my last order got cancelled because they can't get it here in time. But hey, at least all our potholes are filled with junkies, they know what the real issues are around here.

quote:

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
What company? TopGunSupply and Greg Cote are fast on shipping.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
What company? TopGunSupply and Greg Cote are fast on shipping.

It wasn't anything essential, just part of another order for holsters and mag carriers, decided to round it out with some more .30 caliber per second ghost salt clips.

quote:

posted Hide Post
I wound up buying another B&T, a APC9K to go with the APC9 I bought only a month ago. I was getting antsy trying to find more 30rd mags since just about everyone is out of stock. Finally found a shop in Tennessee that had them with the rubber drop bumpers for 1/3 more than I was hoping to spend, but one can't be choosey this close to the dropdead date. I was told by a buddy that the factory APC mags can blow apart when dropped on hard surfaces while they're still loaded with ammo, so I guess the bumpers are a good thing after all.

I mostly got everything I needed though I could've used a few more Canik TP9 mags and maybe a couple or four more Shield Arms 15 rounders for the 43X/48. Anyway, here's hoping Ferguson chokes on his crow when the SCOTUS finally renders mag limits unconstitutional. Fingers crossed.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Gun Mag Warehouse is processing very slowly, don’t bother with them at this point.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Gun Mag Warehouse is processing very slowly, don’t bother with them at this point.

Allegedly their lawyers have said that as long as the magazines are shipped and on their way before the 1st, they believe they're golden. Soooooo, do with that information what you like...

quote:

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
For some oddball mags, there is csspecs. Just received an email, and they are trying to get mags to WA state before other orders.

I have bought some 8 rd. Saiga 12 mags from them, and they are top notch.

www.csspecs.com is the website. I have no affiliation with them.

Good luck all!

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Based on the recent SCOTUS gun control decision (and more for the legal analysis model it promotes than the actual subject of the decision), is anyone going to file a suit challenging this?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Based on the recent SCOTUS gun control decision (and more for the legal analysis model it promotes than the actual subject of the decision), is anyone going to file a suit challenging this?

Yes, there's already lawsuits underway from the Second Amendment Foundation.

quote:

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Well, kids, it's Grabber's Eve, hope everyone got all their standard capacity magazines in on time, wouldn't want to end up on Sideshow Bob's Naughty List. Or maybe you do, because he's a fuckin' loser and who cares what that dork has to say.

On to the lawsuits.

quote:

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Make sure to turn in all your mags that arrived late!

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Now, obviously I am not advocating breaking the law, even a stupid one like this, but how would anyone possibly know WHEN you bought the mags. I mean, if you went camping in Idaho and picked up some mags and drove home how could anyone tell? Seems silly.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Now, obviously I am not advocating breaking the law, even a stupid one like this, but how would anyone possibly know WHEN you bought the mags. I mean, if you went camping in Idaho and picked up some mags and drove home how could anyone tell? Seems silly.

No way to tell. Some magazines have dates on them, like Magpuls, but that's easily removed and not a crime.

In all likelihood they wont go after individuals, too hard to prove anything, not a big enough payday at the end of it, even if to "make an example" it's not worth it.

It's all just a lot of masturbation by Sideshow Bob and the Washington state Democrats.

quote:

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Washington and Oregon have been in a competition to see which can be the first to out-California California. Washington is in the lead.

On the lighter side, I heard the best news in months on the local news last night: The current legislative session has ended.

Sadly, no one will ever "out California" California...

Posts: 81 | Location: Southern California  | Registered: April 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

No way to tell. Some magazines have dates on them, like Magpuls, but that's easily removed and not a crime.

In all likelihood they wont go after individuals, too hard to prove anything, not a big enough payday at the end of it, even if to "make an example" it's not worth it.

It's all just a lot of masturbation by Sideshow Bob and the Washington state Democrats.

California having been in the lead on this issue, make sure any mags you possess that are dated, reflect dates of manufacture several months before the effective date of the Law in Washington.

Here in California, gunowners do not have to prove when they bought the mags, Law enforcement does...

Posts: 81 | Location: Southern California  | Registered: April 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hmm, did the law have an exemption for attempted purchase by “inspectors”? Because purchasing is just as illegal as selling…

Potential silver lining to this, Discount Guns now has “standing” to file lawsuit contesting the bill

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Hmm, did the law have an exemption for attempted purchase by “inspectors”? Because purchasing is just as illegal as selling…

I do not believe so, they broke their own law.

It's gonna be fun though, because the owner of FWDG doesn't quite fit the stereotype of Cletus McCousinfuck in the grabber mind, he's brown and named Mohammed Reza Bagha. Some of these fools is gonna blue screen.

quote: