SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Colorado Free Resistance * FEDERAL JUDGE REVERSES BAN ON 'ASSAULT WEAPONS' & STANDARD CAPACITY MAGAZINES*
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado Free Resistance * FEDERAL JUDGE REVERSES BAN ON 'ASSAULT WEAPONS' & STANDARD CAPACITY MAGAZINES* Login/Join 
Picture of Charles_L
posted Hide Post
Can't say I am familiar with the source either. It was posted on a pro-2A Facebook page, I think maybe the RMGO but I honestly don't remember now.

I agree MDS, Hickenlooper feels the heat locally and wants to look above it all, trying gain back that assumption of moderation he was supposed to have when elected.

Maybe there was hint of appointed slots higher up that are disappearing since what's happening here has gained unfavorable national attention and he's become something of a lightning rod and a political hot potato.

Another successful recall just keeps the spotlight on him and especially if the state senate swings back to a GOP majority they could make waves trying to repeal. Not that it would make it through the house, but if it did (and there are plenty of rural Democrats that face 2014 elections) what would Hickenlooper do? Vetos reinforce his anti-gun agenda and probably further hurt his re-election chances. Signing a repeal would make him look even weaker and more flip-floppy than a trout just pulled out of the Animas. Getting repeal bills on his desk would be a no-win for him.

In any case Hudak needs to go. She is arguably the worst of the anti-gun senators for her statements to the rape victim who testified at her committee hearing. Morse and Giron were equally bad in general ways but Hudak has specific embarrassments that I think are obvious evidence for her recall.

Posts: 1265 | Registered: December 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
I'm currently in SD-19, and have signed the petition. I'd love to see her go, but suspect the majority of my neighbors support her BS. We'll find out in the next month.........

Posts: 2484 | Location: CO | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Go get her folks. Hickenlooper is just scared. Wait until next year Hickenlooper, you're next. Smile

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charles_L
posted Hide Post
Replacing Unconstitutional Colorado Leaders Despite Democratic Death Threats!
quote:

Unless you’ve been living in a 2nd Amendment bat cave hundreds of feet underground and isolated from civilization, you’ve probably heard about the unconstitutional 2A infringements that have occurred in Colorado. These infringing bills that were passed have led to the recall of two Colorado Senators already, John Morse and Angela Giron. Now the good citizens of Colorado are going after the third, Senator Evie Hudak.

Senator Hudak of course was the third Musketeer who led Colorado’s anti-gun charge. Now she’s going to be forced to face her Constituents wrath as the recall petitions are spreading far and wide in the Rocky Mountain State.

What’s particularly disturbing about this situation though, is that some of her Democratic supporters are becoming angry to the point of making terroristic threats towards those gathering recall signatures as evidenced by the video below.

Fellow patriots, this is what makes America great. The fact that “We The People” hold the power! Sometimes it becomes necessary to remind our elected officials of that, as Colorado citizens are doing right now. But when our elected leaders fail to follow through in protecting “The Peoples” rights, it’s time to take out the trash.

We can think of nobody that deserve to be “kicked to the curb” more (besides Barack Hussein Obama of course) than Colorado Governor Hickenlooper. Senator Greg Brophy is running for Governor against Hickenlooper, and he was one of the key leaders to fight against these Colorado bills that we’re recently signed into law. The video below will give you chills.

Warning, there's a 4-letter word in the video.

Posts: 1265 | Registered: December 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
Well,

While the offical count wont ever be released, I had good intel saying they had enough signatures to recall Sen Hudak.

Turns out she must have recieved a visit from the same little bird ......................................... She resigned this morning.

Big Grin

Posts: 2484 | Location: CO | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
buh bye hudak.
the dem party forced her to resign so they can keep their slim majority thanks to the pressure from the recall effort.
After all the frustration of watching the majority in power trample our rights, it is very refreshing to watch the backlash.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mrs. Khan's little boy Genghis
posted Hide Post
Ding, Dong, the Witch is dead, which old witch, the wicked old witch...

You know what they say in the Cavalry, "...you hardly learn anything the second time you get kicked by a horse...

Posts: 1086 | Location: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoarse Whisperer
posted Hide Post
Well, bye bitch. Too weak to stand before your constituents and be judged for your actions after taking Bloomberg's directions.
Big mouth with no backbone......oh, wait, I've described most of her colleagues.

A nation trying to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to pull himself up by the handles. Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 3479 | Location: Western Rockies | Registered: May 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScorpionBoy:
buh bye hudak.
the dem party forced her to resign so they can keep their slim majority thanks to the pressure from the recall effort.
After all the frustration of watching the majority in power trample our rights, it is very refreshing to watch the backlash.

I try not to post rumors so I held off in posting a while to see how this would shape up... but (just as in the Morse recall) there was a rumor that there was a Democrat deal in the works that in exchange for Senator Hudak's resignation she would be allowed some input on her successor. In the Morse recall, supposedly he rejected that offer thinking that he would win the recall.

In the case of Senator Hudak's recall, after the Democrats were "stung" previously, they decided that saving their slim majority in the Senate took precedence over Senator Hudak's recall bid.

As Senator Hudak ran on a platform of staunch support for education and teachers, my understanding is that she is going to name a man in her district who has been a teacher's union supporter.

I would like to have seen the Hudak recall go forward and watched her experience the same public humiliation Morse & Giron went through... but regardless I believe the message has been sent loud & clear to those politicians who would propose further anti-2A bills.

I'm counting this as a WIN for us so High-5s all around! Big Grin

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DYNAMITE
THE PASSES!
Picture of Solitar
posted Hide Post
Today I literally heard a rumor from a good source that Hudak has a deal to also get rewarded with a nice political state job, or a federal job.
I don't think that Hickenlooper is that stupid, given the likelihood of a 2014 backlash by angry gun owners.
Then again...

The right to keep and bear arms, military arms, shall not be infringed -- period!

Posts: 10723 | Registered: May 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
Well, there were some rumblings that Senator Hudak might "pull a fast one" and withdraw her resignation after the deadline to submit the recall petition had passed... but it appears this isn't the case as Senator Hudak's replacement has been named.

Rachel Zenzinger picked to fill Evie Hudak's Colorado Senate seat

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
On the lawsuit front we've taken some "casualties". The Defendant's motion to dismiss has been partially granted and partially denied.

One of the larger losses (IMO) is that the Sheriffs (in their official capacity) have been found to have no standing, and as such, have been dismissed from the lawsuit.

The Plaintiffs have filed a motion requesting that the Sheriffs remain as plaintiffs to the lawsuit in an individual or private capacity.

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Wow, WTF? I was really hoping this would be an easy case to win.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DYNAMITE
THE PASSES!
Picture of Solitar
posted Hide Post
The anti-2nd amendment Democrats will take advantage of further shootings, especially in schools. And complicit Republicans will roll over just as they did in 1999.

I remember when there were two or three good gun bills proposed in the Colorado legislature. One was what is now referred to as constitutional carry.
Then the Columbine shooting happened and those good gun bills died.
link to list by Pikes Peak Firearms Coalition

"PI" means Postponed Indefinitely or, in other words, killed.

Examples:

Colorado House Bill 99-1305 which included this provision
quote:
... no municipality, county, or city and county shall have the authority to enact any ordinance or resolution that would restrict a person's ability to own, possess, carry, use, transport, transfer, repair, or manufacture a firearm to a greater extent than the person's ability to own, possess, carry, use, transport, transfer, repair, or manufacture a firearm is restricted by state statute or federal law.

Colorado Senate Bill 99-156 which included this
quote:
each sheriff, within ten days after receiving an application for a written permit to carry a concealed handgun shall issue the written permit if the applicant is eligible to purchase a firearm pursuant to state and federal law.

The right to keep and bear arms, military arms, shall not be infringed -- period!

Posts: 10723 | Registered: May 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Colorado Sheriffs Refuse to Enforce Laws on Gun Control
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12...un-control.html?_r=0

and the list grows elswhere.
http://cspoa.org/sheriffs-gun-rights

A wildfire can be good. Blow winds, blow.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43800 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para for allowing this thread to continue!

With regards to the upcoming court case there has been a lot of legal wranglings over the last couple months, with motions, answers to the motions, and various court orders and trial house keeping details.

But the motions have now all been filed and answered and the only remaining matter is the pre-trial conference scheduled for February 20th.

The bench trial is scheduled to begin March 31 and finish April 11, 2014.

I believe the removal of the Colorado Sheriffs (in their official capacity) as plaintiffs is a "loss" for us, however some have been allowed to continue as plaintiffs as individuals or with their connections to various organizations as a "positive".

The Plaintiff's case consists of some interesting and compelling arguments, and I'll be interested to see how the court rules on them. Some of these arguments are so compelling that I see potential for them to be used as the basis for future cases, and perhaps even up to SCOTUS.

The resistance continues...

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
"All is quiet on the Western Front", with no activity to report. T minus 26 days until the court battle begins...

...the resistance continues.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Here is the email response I received from my district's house rep. She rocks.

quote:
Dear Ryan

Thank you for contacting me on this dangerous piece of legislation. I will vigorously oppose HB1253. This bill further exposes the gun control agenda for what it really is...people control.

Mental health professionals should be concerned about this bill and how it misrepresents major affective disorders. These are temporary-- which is why they are separate from personality disorders.

Under HB1253, once a person commits an act of visiting a mental health care provider, that person could be labeled for life if the condition is not cured the first time or the condition returns. The patient could be singled out for the extinguishment of his or her Second Amendment rights...just as if he or she had committed a felony.

Mental health professionals should also be concerned by the definition of 'reasonably' as it is used on page 27, because this could very well open the door to HIPAA violations-- leading to malpractice lawsuits, which will further exacerbate the shortage of mental health professionals and dissuade individuals from receiving the treatment they need, and many mental health conditions are treatable.

I worry about folks who have any kind of depressive disorder or stress disorder, like veterans with PSTD, who may refuse treatment for their condition because they are unsure if they will be placed on a list of restricted persons when trying to seek help for their condition.

Thank you for your support and input on HB1253.

Sincerely,

Rep. Lori Saine

Posts: 10823 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Here is the email response I received from my district's house rep. She rocks.

quote:
Dear Ryan

Thank you for contacting me on this dangerous piece of legislation. I will vigorously oppose HB1253. This bill further exposes the gun control agenda for what it really is...people control.

Mental health professionals should be concerned about this bill and how it misrepresents major affective disorders. These are temporary-- which is why they are separate from personality disorders.

Under HB1253, once a person commits an act of visiting a mental health care provider, that person could be labeled for life if the condition is not cured the first time or the condition returns. The patient could be singled out for the extinguishment of his or her Second Amendment rights...just as if he or she had committed a felony.

Mental health professionals should also be concerned by the definition of 'reasonably' as it is used on page 27, because this could very well open the door to HIPAA violations-- leading to malpractice lawsuits, which will further exacerbate the shortage of mental health professionals and dissuade individuals from receiving the treatment they need, and many mental health conditions are treatable.

I worry about folks who have any kind of depressive disorder or stress disorder, like veterans with PSTD, who may refuse treatment for their condition because they are unsure if they will be placed on a list of restricted persons when trying to seek help for their condition.

Thank you for your support and input on HB1253.

Sincerely,

Rep. Lori Saine

I don't know Representative Saine or her positions so thanks for posting this- it might help some of us to know where our reps. stand...

... and good on you Ryan for taking the time to contact your elected reps on issues like this. We need even more people to get in the habit of doing so. I have done so many times in the past but I have to admit that I've been remiss as of late.

Edited: Spelling correction

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Modern Day Savage,