SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Shipping hicap mags to restricted states (California)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping hicap mags to restricted states (California) Login/Join 
posted
I've been selling on gun forums for years but I just ran into an issue that I've never encountered before. I'm currently selling some 17 rd mags and a prospective buyer from California asked if I would ship to CA. I've researched this issue online and there are no definitive rules that I can find that address shipping to CA by individuals. I've put the burden back on the buyer by asking if he is legally able to own the mags but the only exception I can see in CA rules is for military and law enforcement and even those have to be shipped to the agencies and not to individuals. Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Posts: 273 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
No Buenos would be my answer.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19223 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
In Colorado I've been told it's only retailers who have been restricted. Private party is good to go and out of state shipping seems to be ok based on how available they seem to be.
I have no idea on CA since they are their own animal.
Depends on who you're dealing with and how you feel about complying with tyrannical rules. If it's a guy you know then I'd do him a solid and ship. It's not like the packages get inspected or anything.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Be careful in this day and age.. Especially in the gun unfriendly states.. Unless you have actually known this person for a period of time they might be some sort of undercover government agent that might be out looking to catch people.... ...................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2021 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
Be careful in this day and age.. Especially in the gun unfriendly states.. Unless you have actually known this person for a period of time they might be some sort of undercover government agent that might be out looking to catch people.... ...................... drill sgt.

Wouldn’t worry about it. It’s not like they’re going to extradite OP from South Carolina to California to stand trial for shipping a couple of mags!

Posts: 1182 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like it's a moot point in this case. When I asked the guy if he could legally own the mags he never responded. Unless he proved he was an LE or military I wouldn't have shipped them anyway. Of course this does pose a problem for sellers as there are at least 13 other states with restrictions on 17 rd mags. I guess I'll have to bounce any potential buyers against that list now.

Posts: 273 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Why risk it?

Posts: 9533 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Why risk it?

Why live in fear? Why risk standing up for what should be right?

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Why risk it?

Why live in fear? Why risk standing up for what should be right?

The same reason I pay my taxes... then some more taxes..... then some more taxes.... Because the alternative to not following the rules sucks

I'm not sure anything would ever happen, but it's not worth the headache or potential headache for me. I'd suggest moving out of the communist states, but then they just end up here like all the other asylum seekers from California.

Posts: 1307 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post