SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Maratac?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Maratac?

Yep.
-- Mid Swiss Quartz Pilot Watch - Central Second by Maratac™.
Shitty name for the model, so I renamed it. *B-Uhr'ish **Quattro-Quartzo For $145, I'm willing to name my own watch. Cool little weekend beater.

*B-Uhr'ish is so called (by me) because my first Maratac was called (by me) my MIH'ish because is somewhat sorta kinda reminded me of the MIH watch, which I adore, and will someday have, and then will someday subsequent to that sell, because it is too big for my little wrists. But the Mid-Sized SR-3 fit me great, as does this smaller of that whatever they call this model. -- You know it was cheap if you didn't even learn or care what it's called, and you bought it anyway.

**Quattro-Quartzo is so called (by me) because it beats 4 times a second. and when the battery gets low, it beats once every 4 seconds to indicate that a new battery is required. That my friends, is some tactiCool stuff right there! :-)

https://countycomm.com/product...lot-watch-by-maratac

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cheated -- Googled your image and found the narrative on another website. Wink

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Today, I feel pretty! Oh, so pretty!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
Glashutte Original Senator today. It's a lovely watch that I should wear more often. I usually save it for office work and meeting days.

OoooOOOOoooo. Lovely!

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I was wanting a copper color watch and found this Seiko 5. It's prettier in person. [IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:

I feel almost compelled not to like jeweled watches, but the Rolexes with just a jewel on the hour markers are well done.

I am not trying to be snarky, but gems are a bit much for my taste. But Rolex can pull off the more restrained examples.

Now, gems all around the bezel or more . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I was wanting a copper color watch and found this Seiko 5. It's prettier in person.

Where did you find that one? What's the model number? (I like!)

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I put a stainless bracelet on the Timex I got from rduckwor!
I ordered it from Timex, it took 2 weeks but it came today!
I prefer a bracelet over a strap. I like the movement of the watch on my wrist.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That really looks nice!

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Picture of hiend
posted Hide Post
20 years old BM. Very well served all this years.

SIG|BERETTA|HK|SA TRP|DAN WESSON|

Posts: 42 | Location: NYC, State of Empire | Registered: May 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hiend
posted Hide Post
Rolex DJ EDC. Very healthy working horse

Posts: 42 | Location: NYC, State of Empire | Registered: May 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I feel almost compelled not to like jeweled watches, but the Rolexes with just a jewel on the hour markers are well done.

I am not trying to be snarky, but gems are a bit much for my taste. But Rolex can pull off the more restrained examples.

Now, gems all around the bezel or more . . .

I can relate. I usually do not like jeweled timepieces, either. This one, however, is a big exception. It looks so much better in person. The diamond markers appear to be nothing more than metallic bubbles or batons at first glance. It's only when you really take a look at the dial that you notice there's a bit too much reflected light for the markers to be metal. Otherwise, being a 36mm watch, it's very understated. I would have never thought that I would have liked a diamond dial watch, but I love this one.

-ShneaSIG

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hiend:
20 years old BM. Very well served all this years.

quote:
Originally posted by hiend:
Rolex DJ EDC. Very healthy working horse

Hiend,

I like your style! Cool

-ShneaSIG

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

You and me both. A leather strap has its uses, but only for the most svelte of watches.

-ShneaSIG

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I was wanting a copper color watch and found this Seiko 5. It's prettier in person.

Where did you find that one? What's the model number? (I like!)

It's model SNXA11K. I wanted a copper colored watch, Googled it, and found it in Seiko. I ended up buying it on EBay from a seller with over 13,000 sales with a 99.7 feedback, so I felt safe going for it. It was an amazing low price, and I love it, it is very attractive, far better than the pic shows. I'm very pleased with the seller and transaction. I've had compliments all day on it.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
I put a stainless bracelet on the Timex I got from rduckwor!
I ordered it from Timex, it took 2 weeks but it came today!

I like. I have seen other who put bracelets on without fitted end links. They look like crap. Yours looks great!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done! The one I'm closest to liking is SRP241, only available from an Amazon seller with only 388 reviews. Tried calling the business today and he didn't answer the phone.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Picture of hiend
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:

Very nice piece, enjoy.

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:

I like. I have seen other who put bracelets on without fitted end links. They look like crap. Yours looks great!

RMD

Not bad for a $14 Timex bracelet!
It's all solid too and not folded!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post