SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Looks fine! It's not too big unless the lugs extend beyond your wrist!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VANQUISH:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
Anybody keeping tabs on Baselworld 2017?

Some cool stuff from Omega, Tudor, and Glaschutte Originale thus far!

Kinda sorta. I put down a deposit on one of these this morning.

Can't wait!

http://www.watchbuys.com/store...on-Strap-39p3193.htm

Posts: 814 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
My new TAG Heuer Titanium Aquaracer.

Lights on:

Lights off:

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:

I want a Black Bay Chronograph, but my credit card tells me to f'off. Frown

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms is pretty cool. I like the new Speedy, but I'm sworn off fake patina. Didn't really dig any of the GO announcements. Hate the new Rolex Sea Dweller very VERY much

Posts: 11351 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ShneaSIG:

Kinda sorta. I put down a deposit on one of these this morning.

Can't wait!

http://www.watchbuys.com/store...on-Strap-39p3193.htm

Beautiful! I have always jonesed for a U1. However, Sinn's customer service is reputed to be terrible. Hope you don't have to find out. Good luck,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
quote:

I want a Black Bay Chronograph, but my credit card tells me to f'off. Frown

Yeah, we all have that problem! Roll Eyes

RMD

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
...Hate the new Rolex Sea Dweller very VERY much

?
Other than the case being 43mm, what's wrong with it? I can't wear 43mm, either, by the way.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue: Hate the new Rolex Sea Dweller very VERY much

I like that it has a Cyclops magnifier, and I don't mind the larger case, but I hate the blue glow.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I really like GO's new Senator (and the movement in the Senator is pretty amazing in its own right - 100 hour power reserve!). Rolex's Cellini moonphase is a winner, too.

I definitely feel the pull of the Black Bay Chrono, but then I saw the Black Bay steel.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found Rolex's offerings this year to be dismal, the cyclops on the new Sea-Dweller is out of place and it's too big.

TS

Posts: 858 | Location: California | Registered: March 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I love the new Sea dweller because it now has a reason for existing. Besides the water resistance, there was no reason to spend the extra money over the Submariner and once the Deepsea came out, there's no reason to buy a Sea Dweller. And 43mm fits my wrist better than 40mm.

I wouldn't buy one because with the money they want for it, I'd be happier with an Omega Planet Ocean or an IWC Aquatimer.

posted Hide Post
quote:

I really dig the GO with the black dial and blue indices. I need to start saving up!

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
G.O.'s last couple releases have been stellar.

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by towershot:
I found Rolex's offerings this year to be dismal, the cyclops on the new Sea-Dweller is out of place and it's too big.

TS

But, dat moonphase!

-ShneaSIG

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I love moonphase complications, but I have never seen a Cellini that lit me up. Rolex misses for me with dressy watches.

https://www.rolex.com/watches/...ase/m50535-0002.html

I like the day hand, but the inner minute markings gum up the dial too much.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I could do without the inner minute markings but they're kinda like Blake Lively's mole (or Marilyn Monroe's if you're a classicist.) I could do without it, but she's still drop-dead gorgeous with it.

And the reverse panda Speedy is awesome, too, especially on a Spectre nato.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YellowJacket,

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Bald1: I just found an example of your Heuer chrono for sale. $3200.00!

What a treasure!

RMD

posted Hide Post
Question for the Seiko 5 owners: Is there any real quality difference between those made in Japan and those made elsewhere?

The reason I'm asking is that there are two identical S-5's on Amazon, one priced at $105 and the other at $170. Different sellers as well, which may account for the pricing difference, but the more expensive one is made in Japan and the other appears to be Korean made.

If it makes a difference, both use the low-end movement, so I'm not really interested in buying either, but the one I want to buy appears to be Korean (and also has the better movement).

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Question for the Seiko 5 owners: Is there any real quality difference between those made in Japan and those made elsewhere?

This is actually a matter of ongoing debate, with opinions on both sides. The "K" models are made outside Japan, and are -- in my opinion -- just as reliable as the "J" models. Any differences in fit and finish are not worth noting; both versions are, after all, bargain watches. The "J" models are more desired by some collectors, but that's not a "quality" issue, it's a "perception" issue.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post