SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
When we brought my oldest son home from the hospital he broke out in a crazy rash wherever the onesie snaps touched his skin.

He was allergic to the nickel found in the snap.

He eventually outgrew it.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Checkout www.watchrecon.com

It is your friend (or mortal enemy, which will plunder your bank account, drive away friends and family, and turn you into a soulless shell of your former self!)

Seriously, I'm not sure I'll ever buy a new watch again. It's a group of odd ducks who buy and flip watches at a loss like I change underwear. Usually it's at least 20-30% off, even in mint condition with plastic stickers still on it. Weirdos, but I like it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

It is your friend (or mortal enemy, which will plunder your bank account, drive away friends and family, and turn you into a soulless shell of your former self!)

Seriously, I'm not sure I'll ever buy a new watch again. It's a group of odd ducks who buy and flip watches at a loss like I change underwear. Usually it's at least 20-30% off, even in mint condition with plastic stickers still on it. Weirdos, but I like it.

You are evil. Big Grin

I agree about used watches. My 'new' IWC watch was gently used as a store display. I saved almost $1,000.00.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

I like Watchrecon as well to aggregate and show me what's on the forums that I sometimes haunt. But keep in mind, Watchrecon is not a place. And there are no members of it. So nobody to be a weirdo, or odd duck. It's just a search engine to other forums. And you get every kind on those forums. Some are perfect sellers, some are moving along problem pieces, some are scammers. Most are legit and selling something they've tired of. Many big-time sellers get excellent deals clearing old inventory from retail shops and move them online at a profit. Many are making money (even at those prices) not losing it. No harm in that though.

I'll tell you this. R-A-R-E-L-Y would I deal in this area. There are a some of sad stories of thou$and$ lost to a bank wire with nothing to show for it. It is very hard to check somebody out. And there are a lot of intricacies to doing it. Hell, I'm even sketchy on selling there. And I get the bank wire before shipping. I spend a lot of time on the forums. So I know the people in many cases, and I have actually gained an ability (not perfect I'm sure) to spot when their accounts are hijacked and are being used by bad guys to sell nonexistent watches. Looks like a legit dude, but nobody is home. It happens.

Posts: 11385 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
I agree about used watches. My 'new' IWC watch was gently used as a store display. I saved almost $1,000.00.

Now a used watch from YOUR seller (DT FTW!) is as good as gold!

SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Ordered this the other day. I will not miss another Senna watch. No ETA on when it will be in.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I think that would look better as a pocket watch and not on your wrist.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Here you go guys. Group buy?

http://www.exquisitetimepieces...rier+46+Virtuoso+III

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
I think that would look better as a pocket watch and not on your wrist.

A very small pocket watch.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My cheap Deep Blue that I'm selling needed to at least make an appearance
by cxcxsx, on Flickr

by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by modestglock26:

Whats the quality like on the Deep Blue?

Does it feel cheap or solid. I'm fine with the Jap movement on them. But more interested in the case quality.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very nice! One of my favorite Luminox designs.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by modestglock26:

Whats the quality like on the Deep Blue?

Does it feel cheap or solid. I'm fine with the Jap movement on them. But more interested in the case quality.

Feels like an extremely solid wrist piece to me. I really like it, I'm just thinning the heard of stuff I haven't messed up yet. I only with the Superluminova was better, but I just really like the color and glow of my Citizens the most. That's a personal preference type thing I guess.

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
IWC Schaffhausen Der Fliegerchronograph with a Ford Tri Motor! Smile

English words for the German word Flieger: airman, aviator, flier, flyer, plane ..

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
IWC Schaffhausen Der Fliegerchronograph with a Ford Tri Motor! Smile

English words for the German word Flieger: airman, aviator, flier, flyer, plane ..

Bravo! I love IWC pilot watches!

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chasing Bugholes
Picture of jelrod1
posted Hide Post
Got this in from Dave T. today.

Posts: 1771 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Gelrod1:

that is such a pretty watch! I keep hoping to see a sale on that model someday...would love to pick it up. Well done!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
résidait cajun regardant un couyon tête du pays
Picture of neiltus
posted Hide Post
Curious as to anyones thoughts on the Tudor with the in-house movement that is still to be expected in the US?

Looks interesting. I saw it got some hate on the rolex forum from some of the tudor loving members.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
Ordered this the other day. I will not miss another Senna watch. No ETA on when it will be in.

Drool. Really like this one. Need more monies!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15317 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post