SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 150

Moderators: LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
My poor, old, first nice watch, from my late teens (mid to late 80s), bought it with money from my highschool era burger-flipping job. I've worked in it, wake boarded, skied in it, got in fights while wearing it, rarely ever took it off for several years, and the original battery in this thing lasted almost 10years. Still works fine, if it had a working battery, but it definitely needs some love, crystal is scratched and a little chunk is missing, and the colored numbers and dots on the outer bezel are mostly worn off.. Stumbled across it looking for something else today. My old Tag Heuer, was about $275 back then. Seems tiny now, dare I say - almost girly sized by today's standards:

Posts: 22268 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that has been well-loved.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 396 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
My poor, old, first nice watch, from my late teens (mid to late 80s)

THAT, is an awesome watch story!

Staring out the windows is for love songs and house flies. -- Jay Electronica

Posts: 8485 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Nothing new for me for a while, but I snapped this on my way out to the local Veteran's Day parade. I love these small town parades.

posted Hide Post
Love that Seiko...

Posts: 106 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Black & White, black and grey... I just love greyscale :-)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 453030,

Posts: 106 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post
Wish taking a quick decent photo is easier! Impulse buy of a new strap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 454 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
That strap is perfect for that watch! Well done!

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
That strap is perfect for that watch! Well done!

I agree and from me, a true strap-a-holic, that is high praise.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 19236 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I pulled the trigger on this Deep Blue NATO Diver. Great deal at 40% off. Rated to 300 meters, with Seiko NH36 movement and helium-relief valve. Next-up is a Helm to add to my watch collection.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 460 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Where is that sale?

Beautiful watch!

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 454 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
crni4, go to Deep Blue watches. Cyber Code: DEEP for the 40% discount. I like that watchband in your post, nice! It looks like a Blu Shark brand, they make great bands.

https://www.deepbluewatches.com/index.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eTripper,

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 460 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
My sons surprised me last night with an early Christmas present. A Citizen E650 eco-Drive atomic watch. I love it!

Posts: 2928 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I have a Citizen Eco-Drive in my watch collection, they are excellent timepieces. That's a great-looking watch!

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1545 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
Nice Battenkill.

Posts: 483 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:
I pulled the trigger on this Deep Blue NATO Diver. Great deal at 40% off. Rated to 300 meters, with Seiko NH36 movement and helium-relief valve. Next-up is a Helm to add to my watch collection.

Damn the SF for spending my money. I picked up this Master 1000 on the Shark mesh and black silicon. Looks like it might be here today or tomorrow. I was initially looking at the grey sunray but I like the orange second hand on this black one.

Posts: 1041 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
Nice Battenkill.

Thanks. I bought it on a whim and really didn't expect to like it as much as I do. My ONLY complaint is the Miyota 8045 movement has a really noisy rotor. If it wasn't for that, I'd think that they left a zero off the end of the price of the watch. As is, it's about to get a lot of wrist time. I really do like it a lot.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

My Garmin GPS running watch($300), Maratac Quartz Pilot ($140), Braun Dieter Rams ($70)

Anyone know where I can get the same watch shown above (Maratec Quartz Pilot) for a reasonable price, even if the watch is lightly used? I love this watch style and the price is within my budget....Thanks Mark

Posts: 2219 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:

Damn the SF for spending my money. I picked up this Master 1000 on the Shark mesh and black silicon. Looks like it might be here today or tomorrow. I was initially looking at the grey sunray but I like the orange second hand on this black one.

I like the 'Master 1000' also, and may pick-one up at the next sale by Deep Blue. Everyone seems to like a bit of orange on their diver watches.