SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 112 113 114 115

Moderators: LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
My poor, old, first nice watch, from my late teens (mid to late 80s), bought it with money from my highschool era burger-flipping job. I've worked in it, wake boarded, skied in it, got in fights while wearing it, rarely ever took it off for several years, and the original battery in this thing lasted almost 10years. Still works fine, if it had a working battery, but it definitely needs some love, crystal is scratched and a little chunk is missing, and the colored numbers and dots on the outer bezel are mostly worn off.. Stumbled across it looking for something else today. My old Tag Heuer, was about $275 back then. Seems tiny now, dare I say - almost girly sized by today's standards:

Posts: 21699 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that has been well-loved.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 347 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
My poor, old, first nice watch, from my late teens (mid to late 80s)

THAT, is an awesome watch story!

Staring out the windows is for love songs and house flies. -- Jay Electronica

Posts: 8284 | Location: PA | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Nothing new for me for a while, but I snapped this on my way out to the local Veteran's Day parade. I love these small town parades.

Staring out the windows is for love songs and house flies. -- Jay Electronica

Posts: 8284 | Location: PA | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love that Seiko...

Posts: 69 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Black & White, black and grey... I just love greyscale :-)

Posts: 69 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post