Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more
November 12, 2017, 12:10 PM
r0gue
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
My poor, old, first nice watch, from my late teens (mid to late 80s)

THAT, is an awesome watch story!

November 12, 2017, 12:13 PM
r0gue
Nothing new for me for a while, but I snapped this on my way out to the local Veteran's Day parade. I love these small town parades.

November 17, 2017, 12:29 PM
Love that Seiko...
November 17, 2017, 12:31 PM
Black & White, black and grey... I just love greyscale :-)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 453030,
November 24, 2017, 07:50 PM
crni4
Wish taking a quick decent photo is easier! Impulse buy of a new strap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
November 27, 2017, 05:10 AM
r0gue
That strap is perfect for that watch! Well done!

November 27, 2017, 11:47 AM
rduckwor
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
That strap is perfect for that watch! Well done!

I agree and from me, a true strap-a-holic, that is high praise.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.
November 27, 2017, 06:17 PM
eTripper
I pulled the trigger on this Deep Blue NATO Diver. Great deal at 40% off. Rated to 300 meters, with Seiko NH36 movement and helium-relief valve. Next-up is a Helm to add to my watch collection.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch
November 27, 2017, 06:27 PM
crni4
Interesting. Where is that sale?

Beautiful watch!

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
November 27, 2017, 06:31 PM
eTripper
crni4, go to Deep Blue watches. Cyber Code: DEEP for the 40% discount. I like that watchband in your post, nice! It looks like a Blu Shark brand, they make great bands.

https://www.deepbluewatches.com/index.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eTripper,

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch
November 28, 2017, 06:45 PM
GCE61
My sons surprised me last night with an early Christmas present. A Citizen E650 eco-Drive atomic watch. I love it!

November 28, 2017, 08:35 PM
eTripper
I have a Citizen Eco-Drive in my watch collection, they are excellent timepieces. That's a great-looking watch!

November 30, 2017, 03:40 AM
copaup

November 30, 2017, 06:51 AM
BrianO
Nice Battenkill.
November 30, 2017, 08:58 AM
steelcityfishanddive
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:
I pulled the trigger on this Deep Blue NATO Diver. Great deal at 40% off. Rated to 300 meters, with Seiko NH36 movement and helium-relief valve. Next-up is a Helm to add to my watch collection.

Damn the SF for spending my money. I picked up this Master 1000 on the Shark mesh and black silicon. Looks like it might be here today or tomorrow. I was initially looking at the grey sunray but I like the orange second hand on this black one.
November 30, 2017, 05:22 PM
copaup
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
Nice Battenkill.

Thanks. I bought it on a whim and really didn't expect to like it as much as I do. My ONLY complaint is the Miyota 8045 movement has a really noisy rotor. If it wasn't for that, I'd think that they left a zero off the end of the price of the watch. As is, it's about to get a lot of wrist time. I really do like it a lot.
December 01, 2017, 03:29 PM
sigarmsp226
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

My Garmin GPS running watch($300), Maratac Quartz Pilot ($140), Braun Dieter Rams ($70)

Anyone know where I can get the same watch shown above (Maratec Quartz Pilot) for a reasonable price, even if the watch is lightly used? I love this watch style and the price is within my budget....Thanks Mark
December 01, 2017, 07:45 PM
eTripper
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:

Damn the SF for spending my money. I picked up this Master 1000 on the Shark mesh and black silicon. Looks like it might be here today or tomorrow. I was initially looking at the grey sunray but I like the orange second hand on this black one.

I like the 'Master 1000' also, and may pick-one up at the next sale by Deep Blue. Everyone seems to like a bit of orange on their diver watches.

December 01, 2017, 08:39 PM
steelcityfishanddive
Mine came in today. He’ll of a watch for under $200. Pretty impressed initially with the little bit of time I had to look it over. Need to size it