SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Going to see Jimmy Buffett, again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Going to see Jimmy Buffett, again Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Daughter's birthday is on Thursday, tickets for Jimmy Buffet's concert in Phoenix went on sale today, she has a birthday present!

With all of the brain cells I've killed and all of the stupid stuff I've done at his concerts, I never thought of one as being a family date.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny, I just told my daughter I wanted her to come with me!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I just saw him in Charleston SC a couple weeks ago, and he still puts on a great show. Fins up!!!

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I saw him in the mid-2000's in Philly at Citizen's Bank Park.

The tailgate parties going on beforehand were off the hook, the atmosphere inside at the concert was great but it the sound overall was awful and it kind of spoiled it for me, plus none of the friggen' people in front of me would sit the hell down. Mad

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Just saw him at Verizon Amphitheater Alpharetta GA. Great show. Guitar solo by Mac Mcanally was fantastic.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kind of remember a few Buffett shows in the 90s.....

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I think it's at once hilarious and astounding that thanks to 'Margaritaville', Buffett is one of the wealthiest recording artists alive. Few people would guess he's up there in net worth w/ the likes of Bono, Mick Jagger, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Elton John, et al.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
Just saw him at Verizon Amphitheater Alpharetta GA. Great show. Guitar solo by Mac Mcanally was fantastic.

When the (now closed) Margaritaville opened here in AZ Buffett and Mac did a set outside and afterwards my buddies band was hired to play (Buffett opened for him?? I was there to shoot stills of my friends band and I was "backstage" in the green room/tent swapping out batteries when Mac walked in to check them out....super nice guy, stayed for their whole first set and had some Landsharks with us. Apparently JB was asses and elbows as soon as he walked off stage.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
I kind of remember a few Buffett shows in the 90s.....
Big Grin I've still got the t-shirts to prove I was at a few of them. Big Grin

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post