SIGforum
Going to see Jimmy Buffett, again

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/7810068044

April 23, 2018, 12:29 PM
2000Z-71
Going to see Jimmy Buffett, again
Daughter's birthday is on Thursday, tickets for Jimmy Buffet's concert in Phoenix went on sale today, she has a birthday present!

With all of the brain cells I've killed and all of the stupid stuff I've done at his concerts, I never thought of one as being a family date.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.
April 23, 2018, 01:11 PM
Kevmo
Funny, I just told my daughter I wanted her to come with me!
April 23, 2018, 03:16 PM
Todd Huffman
I just saw him in Charleston SC a couple weeks ago, and he still puts on a great show. Fins up!!!

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.
April 25, 2018, 03:06 PM
PASig
I saw him in the mid-2000's in Philly at Citizen's Bank Park.

The tailgate parties going on beforehand were off the hook, the atmosphere inside at the concert was great but it the sound overall was awful and it kind of spoiled it for me, plus none of the friggen' people in front of me would sit the hell down. Mad

April 26, 2018, 06:22 PM
JohnCourage
Just saw him at Verizon Amphitheater Alpharetta GA. Great show. Guitar solo by Mac Mcanally was fantastic.

JC
April 26, 2018, 06:27 PM
sasquatch28
I kind of remember a few Buffett shows in the 90s.....
April 27, 2018, 11:32 AM
iron chef
I think it's at once hilarious and astounding that thanks to 'Margaritaville', Buffett is one of the wealthiest recording artists alive. Few people would guess he's up there in net worth w/ the likes of Bono, Mick Jagger, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Elton John, et al.
April 27, 2018, 01:25 PM
Kevmo
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
Just saw him at Verizon Amphitheater Alpharetta GA. Great show. Guitar solo by Mac Mcanally was fantastic.

When the (now closed) Margaritaville opened here in AZ Buffett and Mac did a set outside and afterwards my buddies band was hired to play (Buffett opened for him?? I was there to shoot stills of my friends band and I was "backstage" in the green room/tent swapping out batteries when Mac walked in to check them out....super nice guy, stayed for their whole first set and had some Landsharks with us. Apparently JB was asses and elbows as soon as he walked off stage.
April 27, 2018, 02:07 PM
Mr.9mm
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
I kind of remember a few Buffett shows in the 90s.....
Big Grin I've still got the t-shirts to prove I was at a few of them. Big Grin