SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Your Christmas Eve Movie?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Christmas Eve Movie? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Rare Exports.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A Midnight Clear". 1992.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched the 1947 original, The Bishops Wife. That movie has aged very well. Give it a try.

I also love The Family Man, which is surprising since Cage gets on my last nerve usually.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grayfox54
posted Hide Post

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
It’s a Wonderful Life
A Christmas Carol (1951)

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Eyes Wide Shut

I know, it’s weird, but it reminds me of Christmas.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Die Hard!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
The 1951 B&W version of "Scrooge" starring Alistair Sim.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Not in any particular order...

Scrooge (Alistair Sim)
Scrooge (Patrick Stewart)
Scrooged
Christmas Vacation
Die Hard

And of course the animated classics:

A Charlie Brown Christmas
How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Die Hard and The Ref.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
The Thin Man
Lady in the Lake

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 368 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Die Hard.

And for the family comedies, Jingle All the Way, Home Alone and its sequel. I haven't seen The Ref before and will watch it based on your recommendations.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1050 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFCUSARET:
White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kay!

Same. Also Charlie Brown Christmas.

Posts: 1307 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
Anna and the Apocalypse. It checks most of my holiday boxes:

British
Musical
Zombies
Gore
Comedy
Romance
Christmas
Penguins
Independent

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
The Muppets Christmas Carol

then after the kids are in bed,

Die Hard

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JSW:
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
It’s a Wonderful Life
A Christmas Carol (1951)

These same three for my wife and I.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Christmas Vacation
Fred Claus
Long Kiss Goodnight

Not a Christmas movie but we also watch Boondock Saints.

This year we are also going to watch the Bing Crosby Christmas marathon, I think it is on Get tv.

The other half watches: Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas at least a half dozen times before Christmas eve.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If It's Christmas, it's gotta be It's a Wonderful life. Again.

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Polar Express

I view several before Christmas but the 1951 "A Christmas Carol" or more correctly "Scrooge" with Alistair Sim is a must at the beginning of the season, and to wrap it up.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post