SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 8
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 8 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I gotta say.

I have been watching since the beginning. Either on DVR or buying an episode on iTunes when I missed.

It has been a long time. I have been frustrated by it, but I was willing to hang in there.

I did not watch the last two episodes, don't think my heart is in it. The suspension of disbelief might have reached the Zenith.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Apparently he has already begun working on another project and then he plans to go to college.
Well he was accepted to Auburn, but I believe he's going to UGA.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
An odd moment when Rick got hold of Lucille and popped Negan (face?), Negan responded with some garbled noises then seemed fine moments later. Huh?

He said something like Don't you touch her ! in a desperate panicked voice.

Closed captioning confirms that. I watched that clip several times and without CC, I'd have no idea what was said.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems like the show is in its final few seasons. A drop in ratings usually forebodes premature death in TV world.

If it looks like the production is employing cost-saving measures, it probably is. And all of the last scripts did not show to have any 'heart' to them.

Also, the sequence where old Rick is shown doesn't have any true meaning unless it is taken as an inverse flashback.

How many seasons left? I say one-and-a-half. YMMV

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
"Its producers and writers are either lazy or hacks or some horrible combination of the two."

Complete article:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/e...a-joke/#3c73be5a357c

In another Forbes article, the author details showrunner Gimple's inept handling of the show, including the fact that the guy who played Carl was fired pre-maturely by Gimple, much to the displeasure of the kid's father. The author has a solution that I agree with-

"It's time for fresh talent to breathe new life into this animated corpse. New producers, new writers and most definitely a new showrunner. Anything short of a major shake-up and we'll just watch this series continue to decline in perpetuity. AMC wants The Walking Dead to last for years to come, but the short-sighted decisions of its current producers will almost certainly make that impossible. I'm sorry if that's harsh, but TV is more competitive than ever and that's the only way I can see this show turning around. Maybe the show's creators just don't have the right perspective anymore, or maybe they're just burned out and have no new ideas. For whatever reason, they've lost their mojo. It's not coming back. Pass the torch and let someone else give this series a go for a while. It might not be enough to save The Walking Dead, but it's worth a shot. Because mark my words, any day now we'll see a big new Netflix Original zombie show. It'll be dark and gritty and realistic with great actors and a huge budget and it'll blow everything else in the genre out of the water. I just wouldn't be surprised".
https://www.forbes.com/sites/e...-and-it-isnt-pretty/

quote:
A drop in ratings usually forebodes premature death in TV world.

The show died a while back.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wonder if it is because of the pending litigation.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
quote:

I wonder if it is because of the pending litigation.

Pending litigation on what?

What I find incredible is that Maggie who was for killing their prisoners when they had a chance would capitulate on the road just because the king’s bodyguard was being threatened. Like everything will go well for them if they surrender their guns???

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pending litigation on what?

The production company is suing AMC for failure to report and distribute income owed to them.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Frank Darabont who created and developed the show from Robert Kirkman's comics, was fired during the second season, right when AMC decided to slash the per-episode budget by 20%. He was also showrunner of TWD. Add that Darabont was not happy with the direction AMC wanted to steer the story. Darabont is suing AMC for compensation issues. Other producers brought suit also. AMC seems to have a reputation of trying to milk TWD for every little penny made.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And...litigation started last season which in my opinion is when the show really went downhill.

Btw, I'm still waiting for the UFOs to land.

Should be anytime soon.

posted Hide Post
'Walking Dead' star's father blasts show for what they did to his son days before his birthday

It's one big happy family...

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:

OK, I don't see a big problem with what's in the article. So what if it was about to be his birthday? Welcome to the adult world. I've got issues with the way the show is written and executed, but deciding to NOT kill off a character because he's about to have a birthday to me would be stupid, if it was otherwise a good decision.

Perhaps an over-reactive parent, and/or one who's gravy train just got derailed is a factor here.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So disappointed in this show now. The walkers are an afterthought. It'll wrap up this year or next unless MAJOR changes occur.

End this whole community thing and just have them traveling the country surviving areas, etc.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
End this

I don't know about you but I found the shooting scene with rifles this season at double parked-car distance not only thrilling, but exhilarating.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
End this

I don't know about you but I found the shooting scene with rifles this season at double parked-car distance not only thrilling, but exhilarating.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/nr2GeWiDrdY

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Golden!

Big Grin

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
End this

Saw more AR's without rear sights. Roll Eyes

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, at that distance they weren't really necessary.

No shit? I missed that.

Probably one of the cost-saving measures.

posted Hide Post
quote:

...Probably one of the cost-saving measures.

As was not ejecting spent brass.

On full auto.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And no one is ever seen picking up brass.

However, considering some of the stashes of some guys here...

Razz