SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Wonder Woman (2017)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wonder Woman (2017) Login/Join 
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
EVERY SINGLE FIGHT had that stupid-ass slow-mo hit nonsense!!!! You know, fast fighting, then the knock down/killing blow is suuuuuuuper slow-motion.

Every.

Single.

Fight.

...and there were a lot of fights.

That said, it was pretty good considering the shitshow that Batman v Superman was. I don't feel like I wasted my time or money.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Saw it with the wife and daughter early in the day it opened. One of the better DC movies I've seen. The only issue was at a point it became a little campy and light and I thought, well shit, is it going to be campy for the rest of the movie? Then later they returned to a more serious tone. Several of the actor choices are questionable but overall I was entertained and thought they did a good job. I hope they keep it dark and serious for Justice League.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Please say no shaky or blurry cam?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The only movies you're not going to see shaky cam are romance dramas and Stahelski/Leitch movies. You guys need to stop asking.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We loved it, probably the best super hero movie.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Took my crew to see it this past weekend, was greatly disappointed that the only time we see the hero emerging from a bath, it was the lead actor, not Gal. Mad

We enjoyed the movie for what it was, and tried to be intentional about NOT asking stupid logical questions about the why's of the movie.

I'd say we would definitely go see it again.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Since when did General Ludendorff die in WW1? Another Hollyweird re-write of History with alternate timelines which really irks me. Mad

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Since when did General Ludendorff die in WW1? Another Hollyweird re-write of History with alternate timelines which really irks me. Mad

You're ire, in this case, seems misdirected...

There is a vast divide between History and Superhero Films mixed with some Historical Fiction - of which this is clearly the latter.

Not everything is a Hollywood conspiracy, you know.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:

My guess is that the actual Gen. Ludendorff didn't regularly inhale a mysterious gas that made him superhuman either...

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
quote:

My guess is that the actual Gen. Ludendorff didn't regularly inhale a mysterious gas that made him superhuman either...

Well, he did. Abe Lincoln wrote about it in his blog.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
quote:

Well, he did. Abe Lincoln wrote about it in his blog.

Right before he slaughtered confederate vampires

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
That young Kirk guy gets around!

Thank you! I could not place him but he looked familiar.

The movie was sufficiently entertaining but the storyline was weak for me.

I don't remember wonder woman being touted as a goddess.

Also, why introduce the 3 lackeys to add to the party. It was pretty formulaic about having them with some "interesting" background but their characters weren't fully developed. Their individual quirks were introduced as if that was enough. But the lackeys in Lord of the Rings and Wizard of Oz were integral and part of the story. The lackeys in WW seemed like garnishing.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wonder Woman was always sort of DCs Thor and in many stories / lore considered to be the only one who could really put Superman in his place if necessary.

I haven't seen WW but she was the best thing about BvS and the first time her character was really realized as the complete, powerful badass that she is.

I was skeptical of Gal Gadot as WW as she seemed to small but I think she NAILs it.

I mean don't get me wrong Lynda Carter will ALWAYS be my inner 9 year olds WW because......well BECAUSE DAMMIT. Mmmmume beinmabunk mumble.

WW entrance in BvS was awesome in both the "Who the F' is this chick" look by both Bats and Sups as well as the Holy Crap expressions on their faces as she pretty much showed she was the equal of Sups.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
EVERY SINGLE FIGHT had that stupid-ass slow-mo hit nonsense!!!! You know, fast fighting, then the knock down/killing blow is suuuuuuuper slow-motion.

Every.

Single.

Fight.

I wanted to touch on this. The issue is how does one portray a superhero moving at stupidly fast speeds. You slow it down. I did not think of this as slow motion but more like being in a dark room with a strobe light on. The visual effects seen by our eyes do mot directly correlate to what or where a moving object is in that dark strobe light room.

Our brains process the images seen to late. This i think is the best way to illustrate how fast a super hero would be moving.

Beats marvels stupid quicksilver streaky slowmo cam

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:

Wonder Woman was always sort of DCs Thor and in many stories / lore considered to be the only one who could really put Superman in his place if necessary.

In the more recent toons, shows animated movies, and comics, she has been the confidant to both bats and superman. The three of them plus jean jones make up the basis of the justice league.

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:

Every.

Single.

Fight.

I wanted to touch on this. The issue is how does one portray a superhero moving at stupidly fast speeds. You slow it down. I did not think of this as slow motion but more like being in a dark room with a strobe light on. The visual effects seen by our eyes do mot directly correlate to what or where a moving object is in that dark strobe light room.

Our brains process the images seen to late. This i think is the best way to illustrate how fast a super hero would be moving.

Beats marvels stupid quicksilver streaky slowmo cam

I feel you. That's pretty much what I felt they were illustrating, but after fight #23 out of what felt like 435, it was a bit grating, is all.

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Her origin and Demi-goddess status is pretty much straight out of DC's new 52 reboot of the character. If you don't follow comics, there is no reason you would know that, which is also why it was in the movie. Basically to bring the average, non comic reading fan up to date with the character

quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Just saw it last night.

I thought it was excellent! No bad language, GREAT casting (Gal was born to that role), good storyline. It slows down a bit in the middle, but the ending made it worth it.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21846 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Saw it yesterday. Knew it had to be good when I saw the crowded theater, even though The Mummy was also playing.

Two nitpicks:

Real warriors don't wear those wedge things on their feet.

And was Steve there to see the "shield" launch trick done on the island? How would he know?

but yes, very enjoyable.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Yes, Steve was there on the beach during the fight with the Germans.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post