SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Quotes you use in your day to day.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quotes you use in your day to day. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
He's bona fide.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
"Vincent! We happy?"

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Working in a shop there is a lot of good hearted banter bandied about.

Some exchanges have me saying, "I fart in your general direction!"

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
"This deal is getting worse all the time..."

I say or think this nearly every time I shop.

Posts: 2661 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
"You keep using that word, but I do not think it means what you think it means."

"It rubs the lotion on its skin." (I work in a pharmacy and I can't help but blurt that one out every time the word lotion is used.)

"Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here."

"This town needs an enema!"

When I've had a day off and someone asks me what I did: "I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I hoped it could be."

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Alright alright alright.

“Where’d you get that” Me: At the gettin’ place

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.

We’ll modify movie quotes, like at the gym: “You know what I like about these college aged girls? I get older they stay the same age. Yes they do Big Grin

I use the kessel run to describe my motorcycle riders. I could fill a page of quotes. I think my favorite is when someone starts flipping me shit, anywhere, work, whatever “All you can kiss my rebel dick”

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
One I use quite a bit is, "Fear is the Mind Killer"

One I just started using more often is "Shaka, when the walls fell"

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
“You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. You run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.“

This one seems to apply a lot more than I want it to in my career:

“But in the end, I wound up right back where I started. I could still pick winners, and I could still make money for all kinds of people back home. And why mess up a good thing?”

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining senator.

Posts: 2162 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Whenever I've done something stupid my wife says,"I want you to take a place in town."

My response, "Are you sure Karen."

"Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

"You're killing me Smalls"

"If it were me..you'd be dead."

When my son asks me where we're going..."Same place you are Jeremiah, Hell in the end."

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
You've got your last click out of Junior.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
You’re preaching to the choir

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:
Working in a shop there is a lot of good hearted banter bandied about.

Some exchanges have me saying, "I fart in your general direction!"

That reminds me - Not one to use in an office but ...

*fart* “Talk to me Goose”

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I paraphrase a line from O Brother Where Art Thou sometimes at work,

working in firearms buying and selling estates etc, I sometimes get in a conversation with folks on what they should do as far as documenting firearms, estate planning, etc etc,

I'll mention that 'you never know when you might get hit by that train'

every now and then someone will get it

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Maybe not from a movie, but as cop I have used it
Repeatedly
How stupid can someone be?
I don’t know, what is the high score?

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so you're telling me there's a chance

-------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
You're a weapons grade douche bag.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've worked at the same place going on 29 years now, I'm often called upon remember where things are/were or how things were done in the past. I will often fall back on... "I used to know these things when I was young. But when I got civilized I forgot all these things."

I work with a guy who is a big fan of Jerimiha Johnson, Josey Wales and Dances with Wolves. As such he uses lines from them day to day. For him what I will do is modify dialog I'll know he'll catch. Like a while back he told me I should go to Home Depot. I gave him a "I've been to a Home Depot Del." He'll miss it and a few seconds later it's sink in.
At work these's an otherwise very pretty gal, but she's got a bit of "crazy eyes". When we see her I'll go.. "Well, that one in the center he had a flap holster he was in no itching hurry. But the one on the left, she had crazy eyes!" Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
One that I picked up from this forum, as it happens. "Not a hill worth dying for." Or variations on that theme. Used it earlier today, as a matter of fact.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post