SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Better Call Saul season 3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Call Saul season 3 Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
I like the show a lot, with the pace of the show I don't think we need to worry about seeing any of the BB cast anytime soon.

I really hope for a Mike spin off, I like his part more than Jimmy/Saul.

This IS his spin off, kinda. We have seen his beginnings right along side Jimmy.

I didn't make myself clear I guess, I meant we wouldn't see Walter or Jesse anytime soon.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OldChimney:
I think the opening scene with the shoes was from the future; the shoes being the same ones Mike threw over the wire earlier. So that scene could have been during the BB timeframe, although I don't recall the shoes from BB.

I agree that the opening scene is from the future, possibly into the BB timeframe. I wonder if it was intentionally shot to be even more evocative of BB than usual.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OldChimney:
I think the opening scene with the shoes was from the future; the shoes being the same ones Mike threw over the wire earlier. So that scene could have been during the BB timeframe, although I don't recall the shoes from BB.

I agree, the earlier shot of the worn shoes was a flashforward. I have no idea what it means.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree, the earlier shot of the worn shoes was a flashforward. I have no idea what it means.

I don't remember these shoes in BB, so my guess is, showing them faded and falling off gives some indication of time. The fact that they were still there some years later would suggest that Hector never figured out how meth residue got on his truck tail gate, else he would have retrieved the shoes for closer inspection. Or, maybe a cigar is just a cigar.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy watching Jimmy practice Elder Care, both with how he instructs his assistant to answer the phone and how he interacts with clients. I did not know that people had bottlecap collections.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
The opening scene is just the future where Fring's truck is running that route thanks to the stunt pulled by Mike before. I don't think there is any more to it than that. They even showed the intersection from the same vantage point that Mike was set up with the rifle.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
The opening scene is just the future where Fring's truck is running that route thanks to the stunt pulled by Mike before. I don't think there is any more to it than that. They even showed the intersection from the same vantage point that Mike was set up with the rifle.

No, I think it was more of a flash-forward than that, that more time had elapsed. The shoes appeared more time- and weather-worn, not freshly-shot (by Mike's rifle), to the degree that the laces wore and gave way and the shoes fell to the ground.

I do think, though, that there wasn't anything to it other than artistic license and visual interest...I certainly don't recall any such connection in the BB series.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
That's what I'm saying. It was probably during the timeline of BB since it was Fring's truck running that route.

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Why Bingo!? What the hell do Kim and Jimmy have up their sleeves I don't want to wait a week haha...

Loving all the back story of Hector and Fring. Fascinating.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jus228,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Why Bingo!? What the hell do Kim and Jimmy have up their sleeves I don't want to want a week haha...

Yeah me either. I really love the humor in this show. Remember when Jimmy was calling the numbers out in the nursing home bingo? That was special. The plot is not so important as to the character development. Just listening to the new assistant talk to a prospective elderly client is fun.

You think they are gonna try to have Chuck committed to a psychiatric facility? His house does not look very safe to me, with a kerosene lamp on top of newspapers. Unable to care for himself maybe??? Might meet New Mexico statutes for involuntary hold, which would force Chuck to withdraw the charges in order to stay out of the hospital. Chuck does deserve that.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why Bingo!? What the hell do Kim and Jimmy have up their sleeves I don't want to want a week haha...

My guess is they will use that to show there was intent to set a trap. A duplicate tape, with the duplicate in the machine and the original off in a safety deposit box or other secure place. Not quite sure what the pictures of the damaged door do though. Maybe the structure was intentionally weakened so a bit of a kick would make it look a lot worse. We'll just have to wait and see.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Loving it so far. We are seeing the transformation of Slippin' Jimmy into Saul Goodman. Whatever he has got planned, he is now thinking and planning several steps ahead. And once he takes his brother down there is no going back.

And count me in as well as loving seeing Gus and Hector back.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
Not quite sure what the pictures of the damaged door do though. Maybe the structure was intentionally weakened so a bit of a kick would make it look a lot worse. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, I was waiting for an explanation of context on that one, but it never came. I don't mind the slow, drawn-out storytelling of this series at all, but to stretch little details like that out over different episodes is a bit much. Oh well, if it was designed to make me anticipate next week's episode even more, it worked.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Having Mike screw around with Chuck in his house with the cordless power tool is not something I'll soon forget. Priceless Big Grin I'm okay with waiting to find out what the pictures are for.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

You think they are gonna try to have Chuck committed to a psychiatric facility? His house does not look very safe to me, with a kerosene lamp on top of newspapers. Unable to care for himself maybe??? Might meet New Mexico statutes for involuntary hold, which would force Chuck to withdraw the charges in order to stay out of the hospital. Chuck does deserve that.

Interesting. Clearly Chuck is going to get his one way or another.

How about Kim completely dazzles Chuck with her fancy footwork and he's smitten? Kim's mothering instincts take over (how else to explain Jimmy in her life?) and she runs off with Chuck, another McGill clown but much better earning potential. We do know Chuck and Kim aren't in BB, it could happen. Roll Eyes

This leaves a really, REALLY bitter Jimmy behind. Remember, you read it here first.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
quote:
Not quite sure what the pictures of the damaged door do though. Maybe the structure was intentionally weakened so a bit of a kick would make it look a lot worse. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, I was waiting for an explanation of context on that one, but it never came. I don't mind the slow, drawn-out storytelling of this series at all, but to stretch little details like that out over different episodes is a bit much. Oh well, if it was designed to make me anticipate next week's episode even more, it worked.

I suspect the picture is of all the loose wiring behind the door where the fuse box had been removed.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Bingo...kinda...

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I'm loving the show, but the slow pace is torturous.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 2000Z-71,

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Bingo...kinda...

Good episode but no answers to the door pictures and Kim didn't bring up the duplicate tape issue. Maybe in the next episode. I'm starting to get an inkling of what might happen to Chuck. That was a major melt-down. No action on the Gus/Mike/Hector side of the story, so there will probably be a good dose of that coming up.

-D.H. Lawrence

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Bingo...kinda...

Good episode but no answers to the door pictures and Kim didn't bring up the duplicate tape issue.

I think the door pics were part of the photos introduced in court to show that Chuck was living in unsafe conditions. I was surprised that no objection or fuss was made r.e. their introduction, given that they weren't secured with Chuck's permission.

But, yep, no word on the duplicate "Bingo" ending of the previous episode.

quote:
I'gloving the show, but the slow pace is torturous.

Agreed. My wife tells me to stop complaining about it and just enjoy the show, and I know she's right...I love the show, so if I'm going to continue to enjoy it, it's going to have to be me that changes, as I doubt the show will. It has a style and pacing that one has to either take or leave...and I'm stickin' around.