SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Better Call Saul season 3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Call Saul season 3 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandman76:
quote:
Nacho was in BB. He was Tuco's henchman and worked at his father's upholstery shop mostly as a cover up to his drug dealings. He used Mike to help him facilitate side drug deals.

You're thinking of last season on BCS. With the guy that bought the yellow Hummer. And then got ripped off by Nacho.

No, Nacho was in Breaking Bad as well.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Nacho_Varga

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by sandman76:
quote:
Nacho was in BB. He was Tuco's henchman and worked at his father's upholstery shop mostly as a cover up to his drug dealings. He used Mike to help him facilitate side drug deals.

You're thinking of last season on BCS. With the guy that bought the yellow Hummer. And then got ripped off by Nacho.

What? That link, which appears to be very detailed, shows him appearing in every season of Better Call Saul but never being on-screen in Breaking Bad, and only one possible reference.

Great character regardless.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

What? That link, which appears to be very detailed, shows him appearing in every season of Better Call Saul but never being on-screen in Breaking Bad, and only one possible reference.

Great character regardless.

Yeah, the site says there was a reference by Jimmy to Nacho in BB. I looked at IMDB last night when this was brought up, and there wasn't a BB appearance listed.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Sounds like we need to watch BB again. Big Grin

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
"...yeah, like 'sall good man." Brilliant! Big Grin

Never made that connection. Did it ever come up in Breaking Bad?
Not in "Breaking Bad," but it has come up in earlier episodes of "Better Call Saul," when they would flashback to his time as "Slippin' Jimmy."

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:

Okay, these are starting to run together.
Yep, if "Nacho" was in "Breaking Bad," then he would have been played by a different actor, because Michael Mando, does not have "Breaking Bad" in his acting credits.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3103126/?ref_=tt_cl_t6

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crossroader
posted Hide Post
I don;t know about "bland," or "go along to get along," but I like Kim.

As soon as the government gets your guns, they'll be back to take your Bible.

Posts: 440 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: March 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

And McKean is brilliant in the part. Odenkirk is excellent, too. I think Seehorn doesn't get as much credit as she deserves. She isn't as flashy a character, but I see lots of little moments in her performance that are excellent.

I find her acting very flat, toneless...but then again I can't figure out if that's a certain lack of dramatic skill (or comparitively, anyhow, against the rest of the exemplary cast) or if she's just playing a flat character exceedingly well. I would agree, though, that McKean is brilliant...the show really wakes up when he's on screen, as it does when Esposito (Gus) appears.

I think her acting skills are excellent. Just look at the nuance after the meeting with the regulatory body. From the moment the scene starts at she walks out, sense her clients coming out, makes a U-turn, then go through the explanation of the ongoing ethics hearing. Everything about her acting was so very much a part of the character.

And her character doesn't have any idiosyncracies like the other characters to fall back on. The only one I can note is her cigarette smoking.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
It wasn't until I saw how incredibly annoying she seemed to be in real life on "Talking Saul" that I realized what a good job she does acting the part of Kim. The restraint must be exhausting for her as in real life she came off as a fidgety Chatty Cathy, almost as if she was on something. I was kind of disappointed in this as I kind of had a crush on her (or Kim anyway) until I saw that episode of Talking Saul.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Was it just me or was that the Sklar Brothers (twins from old History Channel shows back when the History Channel had non alien shows) in the music store?

I enjoyed this episode...things are fleshing out quite well...("The Playah" is back) Razz

I felt sorry for the young girl who offered the money back to Jimmy...she really gets it and knows he is struggling...she has empathy, you can see it in her character Frown...that was well done IMHO....

Kim setting outside in front of the glass block wall smoking when Jimmy shows up in the Kelly green shirt is golden...

Each and every character (and their subtle nuances) is well done in this day and time of TV.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Saul had me when he started breaking down in the insurance office.

I'm not sure if he really started breaking down and then switched to screw his brother or was he faking breaking down to get the person to help him then switch to screwing his brother or was it fakery all from the beginning to screw with his brother.

I suppose the ex-cop is going to do a good turn for the widow.

I am really liking this series. It reminds me of the pathos that was in the Monk series.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
I felt sorry for the young girl who offered the money back to Jimmy...she really gets it and knows he is struggling...she has empathy, you can see it in her character Frown...that was well done IMHO....

that scene was really good. And it also showed a side of Saul that showed he really is decent. he could have taken the money, he could have not paid them at all and made the argument that he didn't get any money from the deal and was just rolling the dice. But instead he paid them off and wouldn't take the girl's charity.

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

that scene was really good. And it also showed a side of Saul that showed he really is decent. he could have taken the money, he could have not paid them at all and made the argument that he didn't get any money from the deal and was just rolling the dice. But instead he paid them off and wouldn't take the girl's charity.

It's that dychotomy of Jimmy's character that really keeps the show interesting...you never know quite what to expect from him (or from many of the other characters, for that matter).

quote:
Saul had me when he started breaking down in the insurance office.

I'm not sure if he really started breaking down and then switched to screw his brother or was he faking breaking down to get the person to help him then switch to screwing his brother or was it fakery all from the beginning to screw with his brother.

Another good example. His character is so conflicted in motivation that you're never quite sure -- unless the writers spell it out -- what his end goal is.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
That was some Grade-A Saul Goodman workin' it in that last scene. Fantastic.

And I just can't get enough of Mike. Hey, you plan on killing your boss? Do it right, young punk.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Awesome episode. That breakdown in the insurance office was something. I want to say it was all planned to screw over Chuck but at the same time I don't think it started out that way but he said screw it might as well have something come out of that situation.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
. . . was that the Sklar Brothers . . .
Yes, it was. Smile

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt57...dits?ref_=ttrel_sa_1

Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Did I miss something? Any idea why hearing about Anita's husband seemed to motivate Mike to call "Pryce," and agree to go with him to meet Nacho?

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
Did I miss something? Any idea why hearing about Anita's husband seemed to motivate Mike to call "Pryce," and agree to go with him to meet Nacho?

I assumed when Mike learned Anita's husband's fate was still unknown, he was reminded of the truck driver Hector ordered killed after the heist. Having a hard-on for Hector and already anticipating Nacho's intentions, he decided to assist in the plan.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Seems like Kim is starting to have empathy for Chuck and is a bit bothered that Jimmy still has a vendetta. I'm thinking this might be what eventually drives them apart. Someone mentioned earlier that they thought Kim might develop romantic feelings for Chuck. That looks more plausible after this last episode. If not romantic, then some sort of an alliance that's not beneficial to Jimmy.

Good episode. So much happening. Three more, with a break next week.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems like Kim is starting to have empathy for Chuck and is a bit bothered that Jimmy still has a vendetta. I'm thinking this might be what eventually drives them apart. Someone mentioned earlier that they thought Kim might develop romantic feelings for Chuck. That looks more plausible after this last episode. If not romantic, then some sort of an alliance that's not beneficial to Jimmy.

I think Kim is more guilt ridden than displaying empathy for Chuck. She also takes some vicarious pleasure in scamming people as she and Jimmy look for easy marks in the bar. She is a pretty good enabler and not completely innocent. She encourages some of this scheming herself, but tries to deny it to herself. All the characters are conflicted which makes the program much more realistic and entertaining.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post