SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix Guilty Pleasure: The Wrong Missy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix Guilty Pleasure: The Wrong Missy Login/Join 
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. It was easy to shut off for an hour and thirty and just laugh at goofy shit.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I watched it and, pretty much agreed with everyone in this thread. I too, thought about quitting. But I managed to make it through to the end.

My wife and I have been talking about an observation for years, most especially after Bridesmaids. That many of the modern 'situation' comedies seem to be trying to top one another to see which one can go past the joke the farthest. And be the crudest.

Make no mistake I am forever 14 when it comes to a great deal of crude humor. I have to come right out and own that, I think. I am speaking more about comedic timing. A great deal of it is funny as hell to me. They just don't know where the line should be. When to stop and go on to another bit. So they just keep milking till it's far beyond spent, ad nauseum. Today's audiences seem to like it. Most older folks it seems, endure through it. Sometimes even acting as if it's not bad, like some bad show their grandkid is in.

So I watched it all. And told my wife she shouldn't bother unless she is ready to raunch.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Seems to be a trend, almost bailed early, soldiered on. Typical Happy Madison production, just enough laughs to not be a total wash. Less offensive than recently viewed "The Shape of Water" which found me cursing at it throughout.

I couldn't place Lauren Lapkus, oh yeah, "Orange is the New Black".

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I made it about half hour, then stopped.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You nailed it. It takes a joke and then keeps going in an attempt to be the most crass, the most cringeworthy, the most outrageous. By then it isn’t funny though.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post