SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    US Marshals Special Operations Group adopts STI 2011 9mm with Deltapoint Pro optic
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
US Marshals Special Operations Group adopts STI 2011 9mm with Deltapoint Pro optic Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Yes, but the guns in question are radically different. The member in question was sticking a striker fired gun into a holster not for that gun; what's being talked about here is a gun with a manual safety AND a grip safety.

Apples to pears.


----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
 
Posts: 18349 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The Hattori Hanzō 服部韓蔵 double stack 1911 9MM least common denominator, bean-counter-and-affirmative-action-HR-department-approved com-on modern 9MM ammo is as good as all, semi-custom-wecanmakeasmanyasyouneed manufacturer-sourced red-dotted hand-held DeathStar implements are now available.

Let the cool kids one-upmanship American Ninja frenzy carry on.

Smile


_____________________

Old. Male. White. Love the USA. Not sorry.
 
Posts: 10956 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
We've also seen recently that a member assumed that since his pistol 'fit' the holster made for another pistol it was safe to do so. The results were an unintended discharge and injury.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1160027954

"fits" doesn't take into consideration safety factors that the manufacturer has to consider. The negative publicity alone before the facts are known could cause financial ruin (firearm or holster manufacturer). In this litigious society this MIGHT get a company sued even when it's the fault of the user.

"The community long ago figured out that the HK45 fits the P30L ALS, the HK45C fits the P30L ALS, and the VP9 (at least with light) fits the Glock 21 ALS. I have tried these myself and wouldn't think twice about carrying them on duty that way."


Actually kind of part of my argument. The ALS WML holsters are glorified gun buckets to an extent. If the gun doesn't fit, don't force it.
 
Posts: 3085 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Buck Pierson is testing a prototype


I'm more interested in that grip than the holster...


That's the new style grip they plan on changing to. It's also in prototype stages. I'm hoping my Staccato P which is in production comes later rather than sooner and that it has the new grip. Mine was ordered on 6/21 and they said minimum 12 week wait.



Not minority enough!
 
Posts: 6394 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Let the cool kids one-upmanship American Ninja frenzy carry on.

Smile


Nah, I’ve never been real good at climbing with pegs and would never make the warped wall.




www.opspectraining.com

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011



 
Posts: 33294 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
As fancy as those are give me a P226 or Glock 17 any day over a 2011 for duty use.


What duty ?
 
Posts: 257 | Location: NW USA | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Meh. I find it hard to get excited about this, one way or another. If SOG wants this, and it is inside of their budget, by all means. There is a certain point that you reach where a Glock will only do so much. SOG shooters are past that point. Some people act as if this is a bunch of hayseeds looking for a equipment solution to buy skill.

When you couple that with how/why the 1911 fell out of favor with JSOC (which American law enforcement at that level often emulate), this is not a bad choice.

The telling thing in this article is the addition of the RDS. You'll see over the next bit that the USSS CAT teams, BORTAC, SOG, HRT, etc are all running dots on their pistols now. It is also interesting that the choice wasn't an RMR. Even though we constantly are bombarded with how anything but the RMR is junk. Guess they aren't looking to rack the slide 100 times on a steel table and whatnot.


For CBP, including Border Patrol and Customs, the dot optics are going agency wide. CBP just adopted the Glock 47 mos agency wide and are working on adding severaldot optics to the authorized equipment list. Word is, the Deltapoing Pro, RMR and Docter are going to be at the top of the list.


Machine Shop
07/02
 
Posts: 1421 | Location: Top Left Corner | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken226:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Meh. I find it hard to get excited about this, one way or another. If SOG wants this, and it is inside of their budget, by all means. There is a certain point that you reach where a Glock will only do so much. SOG shooters are past that point. Some people act as if this is a bunch of hayseeds looking for a equipment solution to buy skill.

When you couple that with how/why the 1911 fell out of favor with JSOC (which American law enforcement at that level often emulate), this is not a bad choice.

The telling thing in this article is the addition of the RDS. You'll see over the next bit that the USSS CAT teams, BORTAC, SOG, HRT, etc are all running dots on their pistols now. It is also interesting that the choice wasn't an RMR. Even though we constantly are bombarded with how anything but the RMR is junk. Guess they aren't looking to rack the slide 100 times on a steel table and whatnot.


For CBP, including Border Patrol and Customs, the dot optics are going agency wide. CBP just adopted the Glock 47 mos agency wide and are working on adding severaldot optics to the authorized equipment list. Word is, the Deltapoing Pro, RMR and Docter are going to be at the top of the list.


The Gen5 G19MOS will be the basic issue for CBP including ISBP, the 47 MOS will be an optional alternative. Just how RDS will be handled (Issues vs personal purchase from an authorized list) is still being determined but Dots are coming. They have tested several optics but so would be surprised if the Doctor is an option. The surprise choice, in addition to the usual suspects, is likely to be the Holosun 407c.

Regardless USMS already allows RDS on Glocks, USSS has adopted the same MOS Glocks as CBP so the implication is RDS are coming. FBI SWAT /HRT are looking at them. Look for ICE to add an optional P320 variant with optics soon as well.

The future is now.
 
Posts: 412 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HCM:
The Gen5 G19MOS will be the basic issue for CBP including ISBP

Regardless USMS already allows RDS on Glocks, USSS has adopted the same MOS Glocks as CBP so the implication is RDS are coming. FBI SWAT /HRT are looking at them. Look for ICE to add an optional P320 variant with optics soon as well.


Dang, son. I bet ya'll never realized that federal law enforcement was so full of mall ninjas with questionable judgement and skill.

Big Grin
 
Posts: 23725 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    US Marshals Special Operations Group adopts STI 2011 9mm with Deltapoint Pro optic

© SIGforum 2019