SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 trigger broke
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 trigger broke Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Swage - You have my attention now. Will have to look when I get home. Any chance you or anyone might have a picture of what this might look like?

Thanks for sharing...I will let you know what I find on the 6 mags we have used on our two pistols (sad to say we have not isolated specific mags to each pistol)....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh God, just clean your guns.

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mjgrenger:

Roll Eyes

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Heres a link to the Military Arms Facebook post I imagine swage is referencing on the magazine gouge with photos

https://www.facebook.com/plugi...s%2F1951429684868821

"If you see this signature vertical gouge on the back of your Sig P365 magazine, I suspect you’re destined for an eventual trigger reset spring failure. The vertical drag mark is caused by the reset spring (second image) protruding into the mag well. Just because it doesn’t look like it is protruding at the moment doesn’t mean I’ve confirmed it won’t under recoil. If you see this mark, I highly recommend you have your gun serviced. I believe this is what caused mine to fail. Please check your mags, especially if you carry the gun."

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you AndyB.....Mark

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:

Welcome dumbass

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Heres a link to the Military Arms Facebook post I imagine swage is referencing on the magazine gouge with photos

https://www.facebook.com/plugi...s%2F1951429684868821

"If you see this signature vertical gouge on the back of your Sig P365 magazine, I suspect you’re destined for an eventual trigger reset spring failure. The vertical drag mark is caused by the reset spring (second image) protruding into the mag well. Just because it doesn’t look like it is protruding at the moment doesn’t mean I’ve confirmed it won’t under recoil. If you see this mark, I highly recommend you have your gun serviced. I believe this is what caused mine to fail. Please check your mags, especially if you carry the gun."

You know anything about a date or serial number range that this might affect?

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The date ranges seem to vary. I have turned the spring over and now after 100 rounds plus approximately 100 dry fires, no problem. But still have several more rounds before it may be considered for a carry gun. Also, noticed that there is firing pin dry. Not as bad as others I have seen on videos but still causes concern about the firing pin.

Posts: 32 | Registered: September 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I checked the six mags I have. The mag I have used the least has a similar mark, as shown in the photo, but lighter. The other five, each of which has more rounds that the marked mag, show none of the wear.

Based on my mags, I would say the info is worth what you paid for it.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
Look at the rear of your magazine. If you see a vertical gouge on the magazine I suspect you are destined for an eventual trigger reset failure. The drag mark is caused by the reset spring protruding into the mag well.

Could this issue be described in more detail? Aside from what's been posted here and by the MAC link.

If this spring is protruding into the mag well somewhat, is it getting broke off during mag insertions?

Is the spring pressing against the inserted mag and being pushed of its retention position inside the frame during recoil/firing?

I'm curious if the spring that Bible David reinstalled, orientated the other way, has been installed incorrectly by some SIG armorers on the production line, perhaps while they're adjusting to assembling a new pistol design?

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
quote:

Great first post. Just check yourself OUT, now.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
one of my mags has the mark, one doesn't. Both have the same rd count, unsure of the cause. sub'd.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tyu:
Waiting on mine to come back from Sig for the same/similar thing. My post was here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...990017144#3990017144

Gun arrived back to me today. Gunsmith comments:
* inspected
* replaced trigger bar
* function test/fired

Box date: 27-APR-2018

Posts: 16 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
I checked the six mags I have. The mag I have used the least has a similar mark, as shown in the photo, but lighter. The other five, each of which has more rounds that the marked mag, show none of the wear.

Based on my mags, I would say the info is worth what you paid for it.

My buddy has three mags. Two have the mark, one does not. He had a trigger bar spring failure slightly north of 700 rounds. I suspect it's dragging during mag insertion and seating the magazine hard. It's only speculation. I only have 50 rounds through mine. Only because I've been shooting my rifles more lately, not because of the recent issues.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ewills:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mjgrenger:

Great first post. Just check yourself OUT, nowumy pleasure

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Randomness of issues really drives owners crazy. My mid March gun runs like a stolen car. Because of the potential striker tip breakage and my dislike for MIM parts, I just installed a steel striker. Expensive? Yep! Peace of mind? Yep!
BTW, I love this gun

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
I have 1050 rounds through my early Jan 2018 manufactured P365. Other than being delivered with a dead front sight I have had no issues with the gun.

It was sent in to Sig after 220 rounds for sight replacement and Sig also did the full upgrade treatment including replacing the barrel (which I didn't think I had an issue with).

I still haven't had any issues with the gun however the areas of concern for me are the deep primer swipes which is believed to cause the firing pin to break and I also have the scratch marks on the back of each mag so perhaps there is potential for a trigger spring breakage.

These issues and the reported failures have shaken my confidence in the gun, which I truly love. I plan to not carry it again until I break 2000 rounds. If I get there without issue than I think my confidence will be restored. I'm curious to see if Sig makes any more announcements during that time. It should take me maybe 5-6 months to get there.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ewills:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mjgrenger:

Great first post. Just check yourself OUT, nowumy pleasure
What is your malfunction, partner?

Either make a worthwhile contribution to this thread or be quiet.

If it was your goal to come in here and look like a troll or an idiot, you've succeeded.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I just, JUST, got back from the LGS where I ordered a P365. I hadn't seen any of this mess until just now.

Ugh. Good grief.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9158 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is why I say to not buy firearms which have just been introduced. You can talk about how things should be with regards to introducing new firearms to the consumer market, but I am talking about how things actually are.
When you invest in some brand new design these days, you're signing up to be a beta tester. If you simply cannot wait, say, a year to allow discovery of all the little bugs, I don't think you have a right to complain.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post