SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could only have one handgun, you would select the…? Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Glock 19. Perfect size, reliable, cheap mags.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 Legion in 9mm.

Posts: 16 | Registered: April 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig C3

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
I carry a semi-auto for EDC with a j frame for when I have to go discreet. Limited to one gun, however, I'm going with a Ruger GP-100 with four inch barrel. Simple design, no mags to carry or break, plentiful ammo in all different loads. Parts availability should be good if necessary.

Seems like a logical choice.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
My SIG 226 Blackwater.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 17/22.

Honorable mention: Sig P226.

Posts: 775 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Would be a very tough choice between my Wilson CQB in .45 acp.

Or a 4" M-19/M-66 Smith.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PennSig
posted Hide Post
If it would be used in support of your favorite rifle(s), I would say my P228 with x-grip extensions on German P226 mags (15 rounds).

George Washington did what was right. Now it is our time to do the same. Restore the Republic!

Posts: 806 | Registered: October 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
In the US you really need two: JMB’s 1911 and a GLOCK 19. Between these two, you should be able to find parts, magazines and ammunition anywhere in the country. Arguably, there are more modern and better platforms in each caliber (Walther PPQ M2 and the SIG P220). However, overall, it’s hard to beat the 1911/G19 combo.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It's about 98% there, but I'm still tweaking somethings, but it's a custom G19 that works with damn near every Gen3 part except the magazine release. It will work, but there's a ginormous hole left in the frame. It's almost done.

Haven't decided if I'm junking the frame with the new Timberwolf frames come out and I can turn it into a 19X or getting a serialized Polymer80 19 frame and a mild magazine well for some extra room for my pinky.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some model of Glock, probably the 19 because of it's overall benefits-size,capacity,work horse, parts a plenty and cheap mags.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
My SIG P229SAS Gen-II in 9mm.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Already got it. It's a 1998 Sig P226 in .357 Sig, my issued carry gun for years until we switched to the same gun with rails in DAK. This is the epitome of what I define as a 'Go To War' gun, I'll never get rid of it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TexasRaider,

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smith 686+-5 4". It is a do it all firearm. Most importantly, i am assuming if we are down to having to pick one, we are being politically destroyed by the liberal left, and the revolver might be immune to that. There were alot of great choices listed, (G19, Sigs etc..) but once our down to 1, and then they go the final yard and ban all semi autos, I will be the only one with a firearms if i choose my 686+.
Just something to think about.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Glock 19

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As much as I love Sigs I would have to say my Glock 17.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Gen 5 Glock 19

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
CZ SP01.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no illusion of a zombie apocalypse or need for a war fighting handgun for a protracted period of time. Sadly I could envision a time when the government starts limiting the number of guns you own or due to travel or relocation to a less gun friendly state ( live free in Arizona now, former inmate of New York ) might limit what you could have. I look at what roles I have for a pistol ( ccw bullseye matches idpa uspsa steel challenge ) and while not my first choice (blasphemy I know) my only one choice would be a 1911. Could have several slide barrel combos for different duties.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post