SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 recall/upgrade information from CS Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
My P320 shoots great with both the original .40 slide and my Caliber X-Change kit 9mm. Perfect function, very accurate, no problems whatsoever---except---

They switched out the new takedown lever I'd had put in and installed one of the older ones that won't turn without help from pliers. This is why I got the new replacement lever to begin with.

Sig's getting a call in the morning.

*** UPDATE ***

Sig's sending a new takedown lever, which is actually the one that ISN'T flat. It has a slight flange at the bottom and a tiny bit smaller diameter that makes it easier to rotate and pull in and out.

Is there a charge for the new take down lever? I am changing my frame to a medium grip when it gets back and now I am wondering if that is going to be a pain in the rear or if it will go smoothly. Also the new frame came with a new slide lock. Is the frame as well as the grip smaller than the large grip frame?

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
They're not going to charge me for the takedown lever because the one I had was the one with the flange at the bottom and the one that came back with the pistol is flat. The gunsmiths doing the upgrade probably had a bunch of takedown levers sitting in a tray so they'd have one less small part to keep track of and just stuck one in. If your current takedown lever is turning without too much effort, you're just fine.

The new slide lock is smaller and works fine with both the new and old grip frame styles (but not the other way around). You'll be fine.

With regard to the grip frame sizes, a medium grip circumference on a large frame is the same as a medium grip circumference on a compact frame.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for more range reports here before I send mine in. So far it looks good to go but there haven't been many live fire reports to date.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've put 500 flawless rounds though my upgraded P320 since it's come back. Great trigger, nice tactile reset. No issues, no complaints, no regrets.
My apologies if I posted this previously.

--- Joe ---
Sig Sauer P320RX, P229, P365XL
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Ruger 10/22 Custom Build, AR-556, Wrangler
Springfield Saint
Browning URX
Tippmann M4-22 Elite-L

Posts: 32 | Location: SE, PA USA | Registered: June 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my 320 back yesterday(8 day turn around) and shot it this morning. The trigger looks better than in the pics and videos which looked cheap. As for function, the trigger is smoother and crisper than the original which I didn't think could happen. It is the best "out of the box" trigger I have seen. Mine shot great with out any problems. I'm glad I did the upgade and hope everyone has the great results I did. Once again Sig did a great job fixing a problem and caring for their customers.

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10/26/17 got email from Sig with shipping label. 10/28/17 shipped it (Saturday), Arrived at Sig HQ ON 10/31/17. 11/01/17 work done and began shipping process. 11/3/17 email from Sig with tracking number- will be in my hands on Monday 11/6/17.

Not bad, cant wait to get it back.

Posts: 95 | Location: Richardson, Texas | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Okay, now that I'm seeing all these very positive reviews of how good the new set up is, I'm ready to get mine done.

Paging Mr Bruce Gray!

Any timeline on when GGI upgraded P320s will be taken care of?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I've heard from Bruce and Co., they are working on the new GG trigger system for the Upgraded Sig P320. Bruce suggests to send it into Sig for VUP work (to keep the GG in house time down... GG can also do the VUP work), then when the new GG trigger system is ready and announced, you can contact them for the next step.

--- Joe ---
Sig Sauer P320RX, P229, P365XL
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Ruger 10/22 Custom Build, AR-556, Wrangler
Springfield Saint
Browning URX
Tippmann M4-22 Elite-L

Posts: 32 | Location: SE, PA USA | Registered: June 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
I have the GGI competition package in my P320.

As of August 15th, the GGI website says that those with the competition package should wait, while they develop something new.

I'm waiting..... Patiently......

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of frogger
posted Hide Post
Update to my post below. I finally made it to the range yesterday. The issue I first noticed with the trigger must have been from how dry it was. Once oiled and fired, it was at least as good as it was new. It is definitely a keeper.

quote:
Originally posted by frogger:
My P320 arrived this morning. Here are my preliminary impressions (more to come once I get it to the range).

Pros...
1. Very fast turn around. It was gone a total of 8 days.

Cons...
1. I think the new trigger is ugly.
2. I now have an unfinished spot in my slide.
3. From dry firing it, the trigger feels worse than when I shipped it. Definitely heavier. However, it is dry as a bone and I haven't had a chance to oil it yet, so that could be part of the issue.
4. Sig provided a prepaid shipping label, but not a box so I had to buy one that would fit my Sig box to ship it back.
5. For all the trouble, no free hat or mags like other companies have done. I got a sticker and a one time use 25% off coupon for the Sig Store. Considering they charge MSRP most of the time, probably barely cheaper then I could buy stuff elsewhere.

I'll withhold final judgment on whether I keep it or sell it until I make it to the range and try the trigger for real. Unfortunately, that will be Friday at the earliest.

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone removed the Gray trigger and spring, replaced with factory parts, sent the result into SIG, and then tried to re-install the Gray trigger into the returned P320?

No person who received a modified P320 has reported a measurement of the before and after required trigger force. Numbers are missing information.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Update to my post below. I finally made it to the range yesterday. The issue I first noticed with the trigger must have been from how dry it was. Once oiled and fired, it was at least as good as it was new. It is definitely a keeper.

quote:
My P320 arrived this morning. Here are my preliminary impressions (more to come once I get it to the range).

Pros...

Cons...
3. From dry firing it, the trigger feels worse than when I shipped it. Definitely heavier. However, it is dry as a bone and I haven't had a chance to oil it yet, so that could be part of the issue.
4. Sig provided a prepaid shipping label, but not a box so I had to buy one that would fit my Sig box to ship it back.
5. For all the trouble, no free hat or mags like other companies have done. I got a sticker and a one time use 25% off coupon for the Sig Store. Considering they charge MSRP most of the time, probably barely cheaper then I could buy stuff elsewhere.

I'll withhold final judgment on whether I keep it or sell it until I make it to the range and try the trigger for real. Unfortunately, that will be Friday at the earliest.

I must have gotten lucky. I got to FedEx and was told I had to use one of their boxes to ship. They gave me the box, no charge. Package went out last week with no fuss, I'm hoping for the quick turnaround, but won't get antsy until the quoted 4-6 weeks passes. I just hope that it comes back on one of my days off. Having someone home to sign for the package is difficult given my hours.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
Has anyone removed the Gray trigger and spring, replaced with factory parts, sent the result into SIG, and then tried to re-install the Gray trigger into the returned P320?

No person who received a modified P320 has reported a measurement of the before and after required trigger force. Numbers are missing information.

Excellent question/point.

I was thinking along the same lines, remove the GGI trigger, trigger spring, and the sear springs, and send it in with all the stock parts.

Mine was 8lbs 1.5oz stock, and after the GGI competition package, it is 3lbs 12oz.

So once I send mine in to be upgraded, when I get it back, I have two baseline measurements to refer to.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
quote:

quote:

Pros...

Cons...

I must have gotten lucky. I got to FedEx and was told I had to use one of their boxes to ship. They gave me the box, no charge. Package went out last week with no fuss, I'm hoping for the quick turnaround, but won't get antsy until the quoted 4-6 weeks passes. I just hope that it comes back on one of my days off. Having someone home to sign for the package is difficult given my hours.

I did wonder at first about the shipping procedures. I procrastinated about a week after I got my shipping labels for my three 320s--RX, Compact and X5. I decided to go ahead and do it after those first reports of quick turn arounds. So I shipped all three on Oct 23. Was amazed that one was on the way back that Friday--and my RX was delivered Monday. Got notice last Thursday that the other two were on the way for delivery tomorrow. So less than two weeks after their arrival at Sig.

As for the actual shipping--it was way smoother than I expected. The main local FedEx office is pretty close to my home so I just took the three plastic Sig boxes there along with the printed labels. They had the larger FedEx shipping boxes available there--so just put the pistol box in one of those boxes along with the Sig RMA document, handed them to the customer service lady, and they were off--and arrived at Sig two days later. Didn't cost me anything. So obviously the next big step after I get the other two back is my visit to the range. Haven't shot the RX yet.

Posts: 10 | Location: Florida Space Coast | Registered: August 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoQuota:
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:

Excellent question/point.

I was thinking along the same lines, remove the GGI trigger, trigger spring, and the sear springs, and send it in with all the stock parts.

Mine was 8lbs 1.5oz stock, and after the GGI competition package, it is 3lbs 12oz.

So once I send mine in to be upgraded, when I get it back, I have two baseline measurements to refer to.

We compared my upgraded 320 trigger to an original version at my local range last week. I don't know the actual weight but the upgrade seems lighter and smoother than the original and is very crisp. It convinced the RO to go ahead and send his in since he wanted to see an upgrade first. He shoots a lot more than I do and really liked the change.

Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Has anyone received a .45 ACP P320 back? Any results?

Thanks!

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI. Just received this e-mail/update from GrayGuns re the P320 PELT. I guess this is as good a P320 thread as any to post it.

SENT BY GRAYGUNS TO PELT OWNERS. Received at 2:00 PM EST on 11/6/2017:

Earlier, you received a communication from us relating to your P320 and the straight or curved version of our Practical Enhanced Leverage Trigger (PELT) you purchased from us for your P320. SIG SAUER® has since opened and started performing their voluntary upgrade program to address concerns that were raised over the summer.

Grayguns reiterates its recommendation that you remove your PELT from your P320 and retain it. Return your P320 to SIG SAUER - with the original trigger if available - for the voluntary upgrade.

Grayguns will be making available an updated version of the PELT that is fully compatible with firearms that have completed the voluntary upgrade program. You will be able to trade your existing PELT for the new version, at no cost to you, to be used in your upgraded P320. We will be sharing details of this exchange program with you soon.

Alternatively, PELT owners may choose to have Grayguns perform our new Self Defense or Competition Enhancement Package on their P320s, at a special introductory price that will be announced in the next few weeks. These packages replace all in-shop P320 services previously offered by Grayguns.

As part of both packages, Grayguns will facilitate your P320 through the SIG SAUER voluntary upgrade program on an expedited basis, then provide an updated version of the PELT and the finely executed hand tuning we’re famous for. You will not be required to return your P320 to SIG SAUER for the voluntary upgrade before or after one of these packages is performed.

Remember, consequences for the handling or misuse of any firearm are the operator’s sole responsibility. Safe gun handling practices should be practiced at all times. Never rely upon any mechanical device for your safety.

Thank you for your continued patience as we work to launch the updated PELT and our new Self Defense and Competition Enhancement Packages.

If you have any questions, you can contact Grayguns via email.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAG_SE
posted Hide Post
I just received this email for those with the 'Grayguns Competition Action Package'

XXXX,
Earlier, you received a communication from us relating to your P320 and the Competition Action Package we performed on your firearm. SIG SAUER® has since opened and started performing their voluntary upgrade program to address concerns that were raised over the summer.

Grayguns previously advised you to wait before signing up for the voluntary upgrade program, and we are pleased to be able to provide you with further details about next steps at this time.

Grayguns is finalizing details of its new P320 Competition Enhancement Package and has discontinued the prior Competition Action Package you received. We are working diligently to finish our designs in order to bring you a package which will equal or exceed the value of the work previously performed on your gun by Grayguns. The Competition Enhancement Package offers an updated version of our Practical Enhanced Leverage Trigger (PELT), compatible only with the SIG voluntary upgrade, and includes the finely executed hand tuning we’re famous for.

You will not be required to return your P320 to SIG SAUER for the voluntary upgrade before or after this package is performed, as Grayguns will directly facilitate your P320 through the SIG SAUER voluntary upgrade program on an expedited basis.

To preserve the value of the Competition Action Package work previously performed and to receive the voluntary upgrade, customers must return their P320s to Grayguns for the Competition Enhancement Package. It is our goal to make available our package in the very near future and as soon as it is available, we will ask you to sign up online as you will be prioritized in our shop queue. This package will be offered at a special introductory price and provides the most up to date features developed by Grayguns.

If you wish to send your P320 to SIG SAUER for the voluntary upgrade instead of taking advantage of our Competition Enhancement Package update process, please contact Grayguns prior to starting the process.

Remember, firearms with Competition Action or Enhancement Packages are suitable for target and competition use only. Consequences for the handling or misuse of any firearm are the operator’s sole responsibility. Safe gun handling practices should be practiced at all times. Never rely upon any mechanical device for your safety.

Thank you for your continued patience as we work to launch the updated PELT and our new Competition Enhancement Package.

If you have any questions, you can contact Grayguns via email.

....is it just me, or does that read as if they are charging for the upgrades?
*i made the part in question bold

Posts: 54 | Registered: August 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my fullsize P320 back yesterday , the new trigger is " thinner". There is a noticeable difference in trigger pull, at least to me. I had my non upgraded 320 along with the upgraded one side by side, and you can tell a difference.

No "double click" and the upgraded trigger feels lighter ( non scientific guess gauge is about one pound lighter).
I think when people get their upgraded pistol back, they are going to like it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Posts: 95 | Location: Richardson, Texas | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a suggestion. After the P320 is upgraded you have four new components, all in the fire control chain. Trigger, sear, striker, disconnector mechanism.

If it was me, I'd wait until after some dry-fire and live-fire before forming definitive conclusions regarding the trigger quality and weight. It's essentially a new pistol. Let it break in a bit.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post