SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 recall/upgrade information from CS Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
I sent my P320 and Caliber X-Change kit in on Friday evening the 13th, Sig got it on Tuesday the 17th at 11:30 a.m., and I got the automated e-mail last night at 11:30 that my package was out the door for 2nd day air delivery---which I assume means I'll have it tomorrow (Thursday).

I'm more than pleased with the turnaround, since I originally thought it might not be back until Thanksgiving.

be sure someone is home to sign for it, or schedule a date and time online with FedEx.

Let us know what you think when it comes home.

--- Joe ---
Sig Sauer P320RX, P229, P365XL
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Ruger 10/22 Custom Build, AR-556, Wrangler
Springfield Saint
Browning URX
Tippmann M4-22 Elite-L

Posts: 32 | Location: SE, PA USA | Registered: June 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am delighted to learn that several returning P320s are subjectively found not to be worse. Measurements of trigger before and after would be interesting.

It must have been the type of competitors such that in 60 years of competition I did not witness a firearm being dropped. I defer to those who have actually seen such an event.

Only one of the six P320s (9mm) that came through our family had a measured trigger that was thought to be about OK for competition (a P320SC9). Two were sent to Mr. Gray and, after his magic, had triggers that were measured to be almost the same as those using Mr. Gray's trigger and spring (trigger kit was not available when the two pistols were sent to Mr. Gray). [Absolutely nothing critical about Mr. Gray!]

At present, lower cost, better performing, better fitting out of the box without hard to find grips, and better competition triggers 9mm striker fired pistols are [now] available (even with lower cost magazines).

At the time the P320 appeared, family purchased two with under 3000 S/N because they sure looked like the berries - and they may well have been. Better now exists.

Obviously, if the pistol fits you and your use, all of this is just noise - one opinion.

Relative to the major topic: as the old Scot has said before "even for free, some things are not worth having"

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Auriemma:
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
I sent my P320 and Caliber X-Change kit in on Friday evening the 13th, Sig got it on Tuesday the 17th at 11:30 a.m., and I got the automated e-mail last night at 11:30 that my package was out the door for 2nd day air delivery---which I assume means I'll have it tomorrow (Thursday).

I'm more than pleased with the turnaround, since I originally thought it might not be back until Thanksgiving.

be sure someone is home to sign for it, or schedule a date and time online with FedEx.

Let us know what you think when it comes home.

Fortunately, the local FedEx center isn't very far from my house in case my wife's not home when they try to deliver it and I have to go over there and get it.

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got my email early this morning, my P320 should be arriving back to me tomorrow by 8pm. I dropped my P320 off at fedex on 10/18 and should be back in my possession on 10/27. I must admit that is a fast turn around time even with fedex's ship times

Posts: 267 | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine will be back Friday 10/27. Dropped it off last Friday 10/20. I’ll report my impressions once it’s back home. May shoot an IDPA match with it Saturday

Posts: 4 | Registered: August 14, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which size 320's are being returned so quickly?? I sent in a full size and compact and have not heard back on either one yet (not that I expected anything so soon) but it seems like people are getting their guns returned sooner than expected. I'm just curious if they are doing them in runs based on the size / model of gun???

Posts: 40 | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S391:
Which size 320's are being returned so quickly?? I sent in a full size and compact and have not heard back on either one yet (not that I expected anything so soon) but it seems like people are getting their guns returned sooner than expected. I'm just curious if they are doing them in runs based on the size / model of gun???

Mine is a RX Compact

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm just curious if they are doing them in runs based on the size / model of gun???

No...

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's based on when you registered for the upgrade.
They are turning them over at a rate of 750-1000 a day, so I've been told by SCS.
They are probably staging according to set quantities, and once they get through a large percentage of that group, they issue the next batch.

Get a FedEx medium shipping box and packaging tape (I over seal), and enjoy your pistol until you get the email.

--- Joe ---
Sig Sauer P320RX, P229, P365XL
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Ruger 10/22 Custom Build, AR-556, Wrangler
Springfield Saint
Browning URX
Tippmann M4-22 Elite-L

Posts: 32 | Location: SE, PA USA | Registered: June 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere else that labels were not being sent strictly based on the date registered. Has anyone sent back anything other than 9mm yet?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weaponofchoice:
quote:
Originally posted by S391:

Mine is a RX Compact

Two of my three were issued labels, updated and returned. They were both RX compacts. The third is a basic 9mm and I'm waiting to hear when to send it in.

Mine were all registered within minutes of each other, early on the first day.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a FS P320 that I took out the firing mechanism and put it a compact frame, then got the smaller sub comp. slide on it and cut the frame to match. Sweet and can still use the FS mags. Not going to send it in, just will not drop it at all.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
My P320 .40 and 9mm Caliber X-Change kit slide arrived today, 13 days from the day I dropped it off at FedEx. I'm impressed.

The trigger pull is a tiny bit heavier, has almost no play in it now, and instead of a crisp click when I dry-fire it sounds a little duller, if that makes sense. But I like it.

Range day is Sunday, I'll post the results in a different thread.

Picture of rlex
posted Hide Post
I shipped my P320C on Monday afternoon (10/23) and got a shipping notice notice at 12:39 AM this morning (10/27 that mine will be back to me on Monday (10/30).

Sig also sent me a replacement extractor, extractor spring and pin for a used P250 under warranty that I bought earlier this year that has frequent FTEs.

Retired US Naval Officer - Surface Warfare

Posts: 34 | Location: VT | Registered: April 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weaponofchoice:
Mine will be back Friday 10/27. Dropped it off last Friday 10/20. I’ll report my impressions once it’s back home. May shoot an IDPA match with it Saturday

Ok, fedex just delivered my P320. Seven day turn around including shipping and two of those days were the weekend! That’s screaming service! I honestly can’t imagine this being handled any better.
Trigger feels the same to me. It’s certainly not any heavier. If I had to say one way or the other I’m thinking it feels slightly lighter.
Enclosed was a new manual, Sig sticker, and Sig store 25% off coupon Smile
IDPA match in the morning!

posted Hide Post
Mine arrived at Sig at 10 am Thurs the 26th. From what I am reading on here it should be on the way home the first of the week. Sure hope so as I would like to shoot it next Thursday. That's the wife's hair day and I hit the range while I wait since it across the highway from the beauty saloon.

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Got the shipping label this morning. FEDEX had the package within 45 minutes. SIG is even paying for the heavy duty box to ship to them. So far, this is a painless experience with no complaint from me.

Some people might be complaining just to boost their post count. Razz

update: Mine is scheduled to be returned on 11/08/17.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: az4783054,

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my P320 back today, awesome return time 9 days, from out of my possession to in my possession. Trigger feels crisper and better i must admit. I couldnt tell you weights but imo in no way is it worse.

Posts: 267 | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
My P320 shoots great with both the original .40 slide and my Caliber X-Change kit 9mm. Perfect function, very accurate, no problems whatsoever---except---

They switched out the new takedown lever I'd had put in and installed one of the older ones that won't turn without help from pliers. This is why I got the new replacement lever to begin with.

Sig's getting a call in the morning.

*** UPDATE ***

Sig's sending a new takedown lever, which is actually the one that ISN'T flat. It has a slight flange at the bottom and a tiny bit smaller diameter that makes it easier to rotate and pull in and out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: snoris,

posted Hide Post
Mine left for upgrade last Tuesday and is due to be home tomorrow (Wednesday). Can't beat that for turn around time. Means I will have time to shoot it Thursday.

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post