SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger Mark IV Tactical ( warning: huge picture)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Mark IV Tactical ( warning: huge picture) Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted

http://www.ruger.com/products/...Tactical/models.html

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15905 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Get rid of the under barrel rail, and I see nothing wrong with it.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
For those days when the squirrels shoot back...or, I suppose, when you really need to go popping farm rats at night. I wonder if the point of impact shifts when you put a light on that thing.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:

One of those two rails has got to go.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I like it

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Look like the rails can be removed.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:

So are you telling me you don't need a tac light on a .22? Foolishness!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no thanks...

I really wish they would offer up the target model with a threaded barrel..

yeah, i know. i can buy one and send it out, but frankly thats more effort than i want to put into it.

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
New marketing catch phrase, I feel it coming...

Ruger: redefining the word 'tactical', one pic rail at a time.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
For those (like me) who don't want the underside rail, there's this version of the Mark IV 22/45 Lite:

http://www.ruger.com/products/...pecSheets/43906.html

Posts: 32537 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Tactical cheese grater Wink

Posts: 13818 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Also comes in bronze cheese-grater

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I'll tell you what, after handling a Mk IV Lite yesterday, I'm going to need one sooner rather than later. I just sold a Mk III 22/45 similar to the Tactical above (didn't have the under-barrel rail), and while I thought I loved that gun, I can see this one has much more to offer. The grips and edges on the gun seem more refined on the Mk IV. Just a cleaner machining and finishing process I suspect.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'll say this for Ruger, you don't lack for choices. Smile I am quite intrigued by this new one-button takedown.

Posts: 27975 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
The button and swivel system is slick as hell. Simply put, it's awesome. I think it's the best new development Ruger has come up with in recent years.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
The button and swivel system is slick as hell. Simply put, it's awesome. I think it's the best new development Ruger has come up with in recent years.

I bought the bronze one and yes...the push button to release the barrel and upper is oh so fine..

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot a friends bronze MKIV the other day . I liked it so much that I'm now on the hunt for one .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every now and then, an observation is made by one of the chosen on this wonderful site to the effect that a rail on the under-side of a pistol is undesirable - or even worse.

A bullseye pistol with an "under" rail can receive a MantusX transducer, which will provide a lot of useful information about what one is doing right/wrong for $150.

Is it just looks that cause the anti-rail reaction? Clearly, I am missing something.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
I have yet to own a .22 and that bronze one is calling my name. Looked it up on GB and the going rate seems to be $450 shipped.

What does 22/45 mean? Also, is that a thread protector at the end of the barrel?

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1053 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BucFan:
I have yet to own a .22 and that bronze one is calling my name. Looked it up on GB and the going rate seems to be $450 shipped.

What does 22/45 mean? Also, is that a thread protector at the end of the barrel?

its the model ruger designated for the mk series that has a grip that is close to a 1911 and uses 1911 grips (although some may need to be altered). It is a thread protector for use with a silencer or a muzzle brake.

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post