SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thoughts on the Walther Creed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on the Walther Creed Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I am seeing them for around $340, seems like a good price for a range piece or truck gun. Anyone have one? What says the forum on these?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I know this. If my name was Walter Creed I would get one no matter the cost.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Hickok45 did a review on it. Since SIG no longer makes the P250, I have considered recommending them as an entry gun for beginners.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6043 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Lower cost PPX reboot, but with a PPQ/PPS-M2/CCP slide profile and a rounder trigger guard. I've only held one once before it sold; didn't impress me but at least I think it looks better than the PPX. According to a TFB review, they did have three stoppages in 630 rounds of 115gr and 124gr Blazer Brass, which to me would be a red flag. In the end they graded its accuracy as 'average', as they did the gun as a whole. Seemed generous to me.

TBF Creed review

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nothing from Walther interests me anymore.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
It's tough to get excited about these, S&W SW9, or other budget hand guns. You just need to spend another $40 and you can find a Glock 19, Walther PPQ, or FN FNS used. Even the Canik can't get me to pull the trigger. I see the hype, the reviews, and get tempted....but then I find a deal on P320 or a Beretta 92FS Compact for about the same money.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
We've had two in the shop. One sold, the other is still in the cabinet. Both triggers sucked, and the gun is big and clunky.

Like "Beanhead" posted, I'd rather spend an extra $50 and get a better quality used gun to do duty as a range or truck gun.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
It's tough to get excited about these, S&W SW9, or other budget hand guns. You just need to spend another $40 and you can find a Glock 19, Walther PPQ, or FN FNS used. Even the Canik can't get me to pull the trigger. I see the hype, the reviews, and get tempted....but then I find a deal on P320 or a Beretta 92FS Compact for about the same money.

You don't even have to spend extra for the FNS if you want it in 40. I have been seeing FNS 40's with Stainless slides and night sights on Slickguns for as low as $345. There are also good deals on M&P 40's popping up in the $299 range.

Doesn't the creed have a MIM barrel?

I have one of these (Taurus slim) in each of my cars. Both have been totally reliable but the triggers suck. You get a lot of front sight bounce. I can still keep all rounds on an 8" target at 10 yards but still not the most accurate guns. With that said at $160 I wouldn't be heart broken if they got stolen. They are also small enough that I can slip them in a pocket without issue. I keep guns in my cars because I often go places (like work) where I can't carry but if I stop at the store or something before or after I want the ability to grab my car gun and stick it in my pocket of waist band. They both sit in remora holsters.

https://gun.deals/product/taur...fter-mir?mobile=true

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The billboard on the slide would drive me nuts.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Walther Creed, Sounds like a pugnacious librarian.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

This ^^^^^

After watching how they are not dealing with product design and manufacturing defects I think I'm done with Walther.

Too bad, because I still really like my PPS M2.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Its not a Walther. It's an Umarex. Umarex makes toys.

Next?

Posts: 107595 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
It is manufactured in the same place as the CCP, which is the biggest POS pistol I ever had the misfortune to buy. Walther will never get another dime from me. I have zero confidence in their new guns. As others have said, spend a little more for a quality used gun.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You can thank Umarex, toy manufacturer to the Stars.

Posts: 107595 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I know this. If my name was Walter Creed I would get one no matter the cost.

Best answer lol

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm mildly interested in the Q5 match...

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
quote:

You'd be well-served to do your research on the Walther forums before so, IMO.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
quote:

You'd be well-served to do your research on the Walther forums before so, IMO.

Seems like the issues that every other early adopter has with a new platform, honestly. It's between it and the 320 x5.. slight edge to q5 for taking a wide variety of dots, mild nudge back in the other direction for Sig including 4 140mm mags in the box.

Dont know which direction I am going to go, but the option to shoot production and carry optics with one gun is what I am looking for in my next gun.. bonus points if I don't have to wind up buying a glock.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I believe, just like the PPX, the Creed is not made by Umarex. I have had both and still have my PPX. I just love the PPX trigger on that ungainly looking gun. So when the Creed came out, I purchased it as well. Both are entry level guns but the Creed, at least mine, just didnt have as good a trigger. Like the PPX, it is large and clunky but with a less than stellar trigger, it was not staying in my little Walther collection...which includes the PPQ Navy and PPS M2. The PPX made more sense as one could purchase it for under $300 brand new. However, my Creed was $350 out the door but unless money is issue, there are better guns for the value, IMO.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gunguru123,

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Played with the creed at the shot show and wasn't impressed with the trigger... I don't think Walther makes all crap like some make it sound... the PPQ has probably one of my favorite stock triggers I've ever felt in the price range and in my opinion a great firearm, but everyone has their preferences.

But I do agree that I would go with a cheap PD trade-in M&P, Glock 22, or something similar for a truck gun and can be found for the same price or in some cases even cheaper

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post