SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Are the Kel-Tec P32s any good? *Updated With Photo Page 1 Intro Post*
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are the Kel-Tec P32s any good? *Updated With Photo Page 1 Intro Post* Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting there are many members carrying the little Kel-Tecs.

I shelved my 3 Tomcats & moved to the Keltec P32 for front pocket carry a couple of years ago. When I go to certain areas of Nashville the P32 is replaced with a PF9. Not 10,000 round guns & are not comfortable to shoot, but IMO the perfect front pocket gun in a Desantis Gunhide pocket holster.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
We added a second to the family today.

URL=http://s154.photobucket.com/user/billnchristy/media/image_zps0s4bbjx9.jpeg.html] [/URL]

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Twins eh?

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One can never have too many handguns......anyway, that is my story, and I am sticking to it!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Finally got a chance to post mine. P-32 with gray frame and blued slide. I use a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and only feed it S&B .32 FMJ now. It's got the +1 magazine extension for a total of 9 rounds and I bought a metal trigger kit and a Wolff 13 lb recoil spring set for it as well, have yet to install them:

I carry this 90% of the time and have a G19 for the other 10% of the time. Pocket carry is really my preferred CCW method over IWB.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
One can never have too many handguns......anyway, that is my story, and I am sticking to it!!

And these little bastards take up no space in the safes.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This is the metal trigger kit I bought and will be installing sometime in the near future. I've heard a lot of good things about this particular mod:

http://www.northwoodcomp.com/p-32andp-3at.aspx

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Interesting stuff, the beat goes on for the P32s.

I don't think I want add any weight to mine, whether it be a a one round mag extension, a metal guide rod or whatever.
For me, it's all about how light it can be.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I received my Lisa Hedley back pocket holster in today's mail.
Take a look.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Nifty

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both the P32 and the LCP and like them both. The P32 tends to be a little rough on my trigger finger though.

Posts: 3476 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
This is the metal trigger kit I bought and will be installing sometime in the near future. I've heard a lot of good things about this particular mod:

Did you install this yet?

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Finally got a chance to post mine. P-32 with gray frame and blued slide. I use a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and only feed it S&B .32 FMJ now. It's got the +1 magazine extension for a total of 9 rounds and I bought a metal trigger kit and a Wolff 13 lb recoil spring set for it as well, have yet to install them

Why the Wolff recoil spring? Were you experiencing some stoppages or is there some benefit over the factory spring?

Thanks for taking the time to post pics of this set up. Good for comparison to the 7 and 10 rnd. mags.

quote:

I'd be interested to hear about your impressions of the metal trigger kit once you've installed it and put some rounds down range.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
I received my Lisa Hedley back pocket holster in today's mail.
Take a look.

That is one sharp looking holster! Looks really well made. I'd never heard of Lisa Hedley until you mentioned her holsters earlier. Showing my ignorance, I always wondered how one was supposed to draw from a back pocket holster. so I spent some time on her website and I appreciate the fact that she described the intended draw for her holster designs (although a video would've been even more helpful).

Sounds like some are bringing back the 'Calvary draw'.

Looking forward to your impressions after you've carried with that holster for a bit.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking holster.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107586 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The material seems to be a very thin leather and it's pretty rigid.
It's thinner material than I am used to, but I think for pocket carry, thinner material is the right idea.
The back flat panel is super stiff, while the area the pistol resides in seems a tiny bit more supple.

Of course with a back pocket holster, I do need to wear my longer tee shirts.

I am looking closer at it currently and it almost seems like the leather blanks it was cut from feel like some sort of compression was made for strength/rigidity.
I'm no expert, so I may not know what I am taking about here.

Has anyone ever heard of compressed leather to make it thin and strong?
There is not much if any grain to it, it looks uniform everywhere, no lines, no blemishes.

posted Hide Post
I have the P3AT in 380. I have fired it 400 times without a malfunction. Kel Tech has perfected the little 32 & 380 some time ago. Excellent factory support with another pistol, but the P3AT never has needed repair.

I like the long trigger pull, It is very safe, like a snub nose revolver. This guy makes wonderful pocket holster: https://squareup.com/store/rkb.../flat-pocket-holster

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

Why the Wolff recoil spring?

What what I understand, an increased power (stock is 9 lbs and got the 13 lb) recoil spring works really well with the hotter Euro FMJ ammo and reduces felt recoil and muzzle flip to virtually nothing.

quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
quote:

Did you install this yet?

I have not. Just don't have time right now with a 17 month old child running around, YIKES

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

That is one sharp looking holster! Looks really well made. I'd never heard of Lisa Hedley until you mentioned her holsters earlier. Showing my ignorance, I always wondered how one was supposed to draw from a back pocket holster. so I spent some time on her website and I appreciate the fact that she described the intended draw for her holster designs (although a video would've been even more helpful).

Sounds like some are bringing back the 'Calvary draw'.

Looking forward to your impressions after you've carried with that holster for a bit.

I have carried my Seecamp for years in and Ahern sharkskin back pocket holster.
It is similar to the Hedley one I just received.

Once you have a holster like this, you do get used to it.
If right handed, you basically reach into your back pocket with your palm toward your back. As you reach in and grab the grip frame with your fingers, your knuckles also enter the same area which pushes the rigid panel to the back of your pocket as the holster portion that holds the entire pistol is spread forward away from the back panel.

I use 2 fingers and my thumb when pulling the pistol out.

I think this may be the kind of thing you figure out when you own one and it only takes a few tries to learn.

As far as the cavalry draw Ms. Hedley refers to, then you order left for right and right for left.
I have always referred to the cavalry draw as the twist draw. But maybe that's just me.
As far as I know, the twist style draw was the popular type draw until sometime shortly after the end of the Civil War.

Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
The little guy has become my daily carry, it fits in the little cubby on the left side of my X1 perfectly and I don't have to carry my man bag to work anymore.